Milk Chocolate & Sea Salt Cookies!

Crunchy & Soft Milk Chocolate Cookies with a sprinkle of Sea Salt for an added dash of flavour!

IMG_0203_1

Now I will admit from the first go, that this dough is chilled overnight – bit of a tease that you have to wait so long for cookies, but it is totally worth it! After much experimentation of the perfect Milk Chocolate Cookie recipe I found that it is just easier to chill it, as it’ll cause the perfect amount of ‘spread’ when baking – Makes them crispy and chewy, yet gooey and delicious.

When I was younger and at Junior School, on Fridays we would have a lunch of Meatballs & Rice (Which sounds incredibly plain I realise, but my god it was delicious!!) followed by Cookies & Milkshake for pudding. Needless to say, this was the best Junior School ever. They inspired my complete and utter love for cookies, and I have never regretted it since.

I have looked into different cookies for so long all I can think of is cookies (not that that changes anything…) Inspiration from Sally’s Baking Addiction, and Handle the Heat, and even more! Basing my recipe on what they have spoken about, as well as a recipe from my Gran & Cookery School – I came out with this bad boy!

They have got the massive thumbs up from my lovely taste testers – aka my boyfriend, his family, and my family… They say they’re the perfect combination of Crunchy yet Soft, and the sea salt matches the flavour perfectly!

This Recipe makes 18 Cookies

– 175g butter
– 200g light brown sugar
– 115g caster sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
– 1 free-range egg
– 1 free-range egg yolk
– 300g plain flour
– 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
– 1/4 tsp sea salt
– 350g milk chocolate chips
– Sea Salt

1) Cream together the butter,ย two sugars and vanilla until they are thoroughly combined.

2) Add the egg and continue mixing, then add the egg yolk and do the same – try not add it slowly so that the mixture doesn’t split!

3) Add the dry ingredients ( flour, bicarbonate, and salt) and mix until smooth. Fold through the chocolate chips!

4) Chill the mixture in the fridge overnight/24 hours, covered – this will allow it to firm up perfectly! I split my mixture into 3 batches, and roll in clingfilm into sausages, then when they’re chilled you can just slice it – but its up to you!

5) Once the dough has been chilled – preheat the oven to 200C and line baking trays with parchment paper!

6) Carefully slice/roll the dough into 1-2cm thick rounds and spread equally on the trays, sprinkle with a touch of Sea Salt and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden around the edge and cooked in the middle.

7) Leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and continue to cool! – Enjoy!

You obviously don’t have to use the sea salt on top of the cookies, but I like the difference of textures and the salt complements the chocolate well.

You can freeze the cookie dough in the rolls for over a month (Mine never lasts more than a month) as I do double batches, and then bake them when I need/want them! They take a couple more minutes in the oven as they will be frozen – be careful when cutting them as it’ll be extra hard!

P.s.ย They are the perfect combination of cookie, and chocolate.

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

• Reply Cookies and Carrot cake | Bake With Amy, May 4, 2015 at 7:50 pm

[…] And the cookies are from a fellow foodie blog Jane’s Pattiserie, this blog is worth a follow as she makes some amazing bakes! The cookies can be found here:  http://janespatisserie.com/2015/04/29/milk-chocolate-sea-salt-cookies/ […]

• Reply nutmegandwhiskey May 2, 2015 at 1:25 am

Your cookies are so cute and perfect!! How do you make them so nicely? My cookies always come out like weird dry biscuits. :'(

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 2, 2015 at 10:45 am

Ohh thank you so much! I’ve had many a time when mine have turned out like that don’t worry! Definitely depends on the recipe and chilling the dough โ˜บ๏ธ

• Reply nutmegandwhiskey May 5, 2015 at 11:54 pm

I’m usually too lazy to chill the dough, hehehe. Maybe if I tried that my cookies wouldn’t be weird. ๐Ÿ˜›

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 6, 2015 at 8:34 am

I’m the same, but many failed batches annoyed me enough to wait! OR you can freeze the dough for like an hour and it would be chilled enough haha

• nutmegandwhiskey May 7, 2015 at 11:53 pm

Ooooo! yes! now I just have to inspire myself to bake up cookies and not cry into the dough because I’m afraid of them being ruined. ?

• Jane's Patisserie May 8, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Always an excuse to bake cookies!!!

• Reply This Cake is Desi April 30, 2015 at 4:39 pm

These look so good, I have tried putting sea salt in a few cookies but I don’t know why most of them ended up being too over powering so I’m a bit of a skeptic but maybe I need to give sea salt one more try

• Reply Jane's Patisserie April 30, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Thank you so much! I know what you mean, I put the 1/4 tsp normal salt in the cookies and then literally the tiniest of salt sprinkled over the tops – with the amount of chocolate I think it compliments it well, but its so easy to overpower it! Worth a go though! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Jenna April 29, 2015 at 6:04 pm

These look just delicious!! Love sweet and salty together. Great combo!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie April 29, 2015 at 6:55 pm

Thanks, Jenna! Its the perfect combination isn’t it!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply srividhya April 29, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Love d addition of sea salt. Yum

• Reply Ema Jones April 29, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Can I add in some grated coconut?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie April 29, 2015 at 12:37 pm

I’ve done that before, tastes amazing! So yes of course! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Whisked Away April 29, 2015 at 10:54 am

Mmmm… I like the sound and look of these! I’ve never met a chocolate chip cookie that I haven’t liked and I have a feeling I will LOVE these!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie April 29, 2015 at 10:58 am

Hahaha I’m not gonna lie, this is my favourite recipe of mine! Such a tease to wait for it to chill!! And thanks!

• Reply oishivegan April 29, 2015 at 10:19 am