No-Bake Chocolate Malteser Cheesecake!

Delicious & Chocolatey Malteser Cheesecake – Malt Biscuit Base, Chocolate Malt Cheesecake, Malteser Spread, Sweetened Cream, and Maltesers! Perfect Showstopper for any occasion!

This cheesecake is SO delicious chocolatey and moreish – that I ate the whole thing myself with a fork. I’m kidding. (I wish) Anywayyyy…

I have had so many requests for Malteser Cheesecake that I have literally lost count – after the success of my No-Bake Caramel Rolo Cheesecake I thought I would oblige! I did think that I could just use the recipe of my No-Bake Chocolate Crunch Cheesecake which is deliciously simple, but just add Maltesers on top – but I felt like this wasn’t enough! I had a look on Pinterest and at other recipes and found that people literally put Malt Chocolate Powder into whatever they want to be Malty so I thought that this would match perfectly with my quest – and it didn’t disappoint! It was SO yummy!

I have had people message me in the past and question how a Cheesecake can set so well, if it doesn’t use gelatin, or it isn’t baked and the answer is simple, you just have to stick at the ‘whipping’ of the cheesecake filling!

I Use my KitchenAid as its far more powerful that me and my little arm whisking it on its own! You simply have to put the Cream Cheese, Icing Sugar, and Malt Powder into the bowl and mix it until smooth – this means that the sugar will be blended perfectly. When this mix is smooth, you pour in the Double Cream – You don’t have to whip this first then fold it in if you do it correctly! 🙂 I pour my Cream in, and continue to whip on a relatively high speed for a couple of minutes, you will see it start to thicken. When its glossy, thick, and mousse like you can pour in the Melted Chocolate and continue to whip – this will thicken the mixture even more itself and you continue to whip until its very thick and holds itself completely!

Seriously though, this dessert is an utter crowd pleaser and everyone will like it – try it and let me know what you think! 🙂

RECIPE UPDATED APRIL 2017.

Biscuit Base
– 300g Malted Milk Biscuits
– 150g Butter, Melted

Cheesecake Filling
– 150g Milk Chocolate, chopped
– 150g Dark Chocolate, chopped
– 2x 280g Full-Fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese (550g roughly)
– 75g Icing Sugar
– 100g Malt Hot Chocolate Powder – I used Horlicks
– 1tsp Vanilla Extract
– 300ml Double Cream

To Decorate
– 1x tub Malteser Spread
– 150ml Double Cream
– 2tbsp Icing Sugar
– Maltesers

1) To make the Cheesecake Base – melt the butter in the microwave on short bursts on in a small pan over a medium heat.

2) Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a small crumb, add the butter, and pulse a few times until it is combined well. Tip into a 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin and press down firmly – chill in the refrigerator whilst you do the rest!

3) To make the Cheesecake Filling – Melt the two chocolate’s in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring gently or microwave in short bursts until fully melted – leave to cool slightly whilst doing the rest.

4) With an electric mixer (I used my KitchenAid) Mix the Cream Cheese, Icing sugar, Vanilla, and Malt powder until combined – pour in the Melted Chocolate and whisk again till combined.

5) Then, pour in the liquid double cream and continue to Whip the Cheesecake Mixture until it is starting to thicken a lot like a Mousse does!

6) Pour the mix on to the biscuit base, smooth over, cover, and chill in the fridge for at least a few hours hours or overnight.

7) To decorate the Cheesecake – Remove the cheesecake from the tin, and spread the tub of Malteser Spread on top.

8) Whip together the double cream, and icing sugar and pipe on using a 2D Closed Star Piping Tip, add some maltesers, and some more crushed Malteser’s.

NOTE

If it looks like your cheesecake isn’t setting, or its a but sloppy, or you’re even not sure.. try it anyway. Try to set the mix anyway! If it still doesn’t set, freeze it and have an Ice Cream Cheesecake!

I recommend using a 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin in this recipe!

You could easily use Mascarpone instead of the Philadelphia if you wish, but make sure its 500g worth, and use the full fat version.

I always set my cheesecakes in the fridge overnight otherwise they risk being a little runny still and slipping off the biscuit base but if you want to risk it then go for it! If you think its not setting, 99% of the time its because you didnt whip it enough! 🙂

This Cheesecake will last covered in the fridge for 3 days!

This recipe has been updated since the original post – the original base was 150g Oreos, and 150g Malted Biscuits if you still wanted to make it that way.

Find my other Cheesecake Recipes on my Recipes Page!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

• Reply Marion Andrews May 24, 2017 at 11:56 pm

This looks wonderful can’t wait to try it!
    I’m in Australia and can’t find Malteser spread. What else could I use please? Also could I use Milo powder as the malt powder?
    Thanks for your help 😊

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 25, 2017 at 10:59 am

I’m afraid I don’t know of other country alternatives, as I am in the UK. You can just melt some chocolate over instead for a drizzle. And again I am not sure of what Milo Powder is, but if its a Malt Drink type thing then thats ideal! x

• Reply Michelle May 18, 2017 at 3:04 am

Hi thanks for the recipe I currently have this in my fridge to set I am praying it goes ok as it’s for my son’s 13th birthday I will keep you informed of the progress

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 18, 2017 at 7:37 am

I’m sure it’s perfect!

• Reply Michelle May 18, 2017 at 6:12 pm

Well this was a perfect hit with the whole family. We all loved it and I really enjoyed making it. Xx

• Reply Dreena February 17, 2017 at 9:50 pm

Hi, just made your cheesecake but it looks like the mixture may have split, I whisked for a long time but it didn’t seen me to get any thicker. Tasted amazing and have put it in fridge for 24 hours until I serve but just wanted to ask your advice and if this has happened to you what would you suggest please?
    Dreena

• Reply Jane's Patisserie February 18, 2017 at 7:56 pm

Was the mixture smooth or lumpy? And what mixer did you use? X

• Reply Dreena February 19, 2017 at 10:05 am

Hi, I used an electric hand mixer, the mixture wasn’t lumpy or smooth particularly but it didn’t look as stiff as I thought it would, it looked like a cake mix might if it had split. To give you an update though I resolved it by putting extra icing sugar it at the cost of making it sweeter then put in fridge and hoped for the best. It set within an hour and by the time I served it 24 hours later held its form no problem at all. It was a massive hit with my girlfriends and tasted divine. Thanks x

• Reply Jane's Patisserie February 20, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Ah yeah okay I know what you mean! Off thing is that when they have chocolate in they can look a little loose, but it’ll help it set amazingly! But I am so so glad! x

• Reply Victoria Jackson February 12, 2017 at 7:42 pm

When you use oreos do you keep the cream centre or remove it?

• Reply Kim December 21, 2016 at 10:54 am

Can this be frozen? How long should it be left out of the freezer to defrost?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie December 21, 2016 at 12:49 pm

It can be frozen once it has set fully in the fridge. And how long it takes to defrost depends on your freezer and the room you keep it in I’m afraid so I can’t say about that 🙂

• Reply Emma December 16, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Tried your recipe this week, so delicious! I didn’t whip it quite enough (I was rushing a bit) but it was still awesome, it still set pretty well considering, was just slightly soft. I usually use all Phili cheese but gave mascarpone a try and now a convert. It was so good I licked the whisk clean in a not so ladylike manner! Thank you.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie December 18, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Hahaha I don’t blame you… I always lick the whisk clean! And yes, the mixture is delicious isn’t it!!

• Reply Noelle MacKay November 29, 2016 at 3:31 pm

Love all your recipes. Why oh why haven’t you put them in a book? I would buy loads of copies and give them to my friends and family. Your cakes are the bomb.mmmmmmm

• Reply Jane's Patisserie November 29, 2016 at 3:47 pm

I’m attempting to write my e-book as we speak haha! But thank you so much!

• Reply Wendy A November 24, 2016 at 6:10 pm

I gave this cheesecake a go and entered the Bake Off competition at work with it for Children In Need last week… and I won!! So I thought that I’d message to say thank you! It was delicious and obviously went down really well 🙂

• Reply Mary Jenkins November 15, 2016 at 11:26 am

Just love your recipes

• Reply Suzanne April 20, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Made this today for a friends birthday rather than normal cake, she said it was the best cheesecake she’d ever tasted!

• Reply Jhuls August 3, 2015 at 5:30 am

And I die. 😀
    I am planning to make no-bake desserts and I think I could get a lot from here. You are amazing, Jane. So do your bakes. 😉

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 3, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Haha I am a massive fan of No-Bake desserts, so yummy! And please do try some! 🙂

• Reply WhenISayFriend July 16, 2015 at 10:21 am

Hello again!
    I warned you, and so here’s the next thing that happened in my kitchen, that you are responsible for 😉 Although… this time, for reasons beyond my control, I got a bit more creative than the last time round.
    Anyway, what I really just wanted to tell you is that I followed another of your brilliant recipes (or two of them, actually) and took pictures of the extremely tasty result!

• Reply Jane-Inspired Daim Cheesecake | Productive Procrastination July 16, 2015 at 10:21 am

[…] basically followed Jane’s procedure for her No-Bake Malt Chocolate Cheesecake, deviating every here and there to the No-Bake Toblerone Cheesecake. I totally would have made a […]

• Reply lactosefreekitchen June 7, 2015 at 12:37 am

Oh wow!!! I love these recipes!! I just wanted to say thank you for the likes. I followed you, I love these ideas and need to try something like this, but dairy-free, I will make sure to link it back to you when that happens!! I really hope we can support each other 🙂

• Reply Jane's Patisserie June 7, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Ohh thank you, and it’s okay! I’m always fascinated to see gluten free and lactose free recipes as I’ve had difficulties with them in the past 🙂 and YES please try some! I’d adore to see them and reblog them 🙂

• Reply nikkisuzanna May 31, 2015 at 4:13 am

this looks so delish! i always bake mine but it can be sooo time consuming!! i am going to try one of your no-bakes soon. yum!!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 31, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Awwh haha thank you! And yay please do, I prefer them to baked cheesecakes as they’re so much easier and creamier haha 🙂 x

• Reply pamsyarns May 30, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Gosh, you always post such delicious recipes!

• Reply scarletscorchdroppers May 30, 2015 at 8:53 am

This looks heavenly!! This is my favourite way to make cheesecakes, always so creamy and yummy. Malt chocolate sounds amazing! x

• Reply Leticia B.B.Soares May 29, 2015 at 5:54 pm

It looks AAAAAMAZING!!! I’ll def try it someday.

• Reply thesnowwoman May 29, 2015 at 3:36 pm

I forgot to say that I just love your new gravatar picture, very cute drawing.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 29, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Awwh thank you! I didn’t draw it (a lady called Morgane Carlier did if you want to check out her work!) but I love it so much! ❤️

• Reply Patricia Clarke May 29, 2015 at 2:34 pm

How many Maltesers are in the crust, recipe doesn’t say.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 29, 2015 at 2:44 pm

I don’t put Maltesers in the crust 🙂 I use malt biscuits – but you can use Maltesers if you like

• Reply Eleanor O'Brien May 29, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Will defo.. Be trying this?

• Reply thesnowwoman May 29, 2015 at 12:26 pm