A Yummy, Marshmallowy, Mars-Bar-y twist on Rice Crispy Cakes – Perfect treat to make with your kids, or even yourself if you fancy!
I have made many a tray bake recipe in my time on this blog, and they’re all delicious – as well as many cupcake recipes and so on! However, I realised that none of these are really suited for ‘kids baking’ or would be what some would consider child friendly as they use mixers and such. I have some regular readers that I know bake with their children, but I have had requests for child friendly recipes – so I hope this suits! This recipe does require a pan and heating, but they’re super duper easy to make, and they’ll go down a treat!
I love Mars Bars, evident by my Mars Bar Chocolate Mousse recipe, but these are simply delightful. When I was little, Rice Krispie cakes were an absolute must at a bake sale, or at a party – and they still are now!
These are chewy, crunchy, sweet, and soft all in one – I love to drench by crispy squares in chocolate, and add even more chocolate with all the different sprinkles – how can you resist?! They’re so easy and tasty to make! Also – these went down an absolute storm at where my parents work – which is in education, will all adults being the taste testers and everyone LOVED them! Some people saying stuff like “takes me back to my childhood” which is ideal!
I really hope you guys like these, and that if you make them with your kids – that they like them too!
This recipe makes 16-20 squares!
– 150g Mars Bars, chopped up
– 200g Mini Marshmallows
– 50g Unsalted Butter
– 225g Rice Krispies/Cocoa Pops
– 250g White Chocolate
– Chocolate Sprinkles
1) Line a 9x9inch square tray with parchment paper and leave to the side.
2) In a medium sized pan, add your small mars bar chunks, mini marshmallows, and butter – heat on a low heat, stiring frequently, until the mixture has melted. At first it may look lumpy, but after a while, and a bit of beating it’ll be smooth.
3) In a large bowl, pour your Rice Krispies/Cocoa Pops and pour the smooth melted mixture on top – mix together until all of the Rice Krispies are covered evenly – this can take a bit of welly but its worth it!
4) Press down into your tray evenly and leave to set – can take 3-4 hours. The mixture is very sticky, so you may want to use gloves, or the back of a spatula!
5) Once set, cut the pieces into squares, drizzle over some melted White Chocolate, and sprinkle with little chocolatey treats! Heaven!
Tips and Ideas
This is a delicious treat that you can make with your kids – I like using mars bars, as they were a favourite treat of mine when I was little, but if you don’t like them or can’t get them then use 250g Mini Marshmallows, and 100g Chocolate Chips!
These last 2-3days in an airtight container! And you can make them into individual crispy cakes just as easily if you prefer! 🙂
You can find my other Tray Bake Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.