*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Delicious creamy Oreo chocolate milkshakes made with homemade ice cream and oodles of Oreos!
I couldn’t resist putting up this little charm of a recipe – it’s so simple to make, but I know a couple of people have asked for amounts of ice cream and milk to use to get the correct consistency! I also know that sooo many of my followers have been after another Oreo related recipe – and this seemed ideal.
The simplicity of milkshakes never ceases to amaze me – I find them utterly delicious, and I personally can enjoy them all year round. I particularly love using up ice cream that I have made and not eaten (shock and horror), or even shop bought ice-cream that hasn’t been used!
The Oreos blend perfectly with the chocolate to make sure a delicious flavour – having little chunks through the milkshake makes for a delicious texture (kind of like a java chip frappuccino) and I know everyone loves Oreos. How can you not?! I have also made up this recipe using brownies, and other flavour ice creams – but this combination is definitely my favourite. Enjoy!
Oreo Chocolate Milkshakes!
- 500 ml semi skimmed milk
- 400 g double chocolate ice cream
- 154 g Oreos
- Whipped cream
- Crushed Oreos/chocolate chunks
- With a blender, whizz together the semi skimmed milk, chocolate ice cream and Oreos – it make some pulsing to make sure the Oreos have broken down properly!
- Pour into your glasses, add whipped cream and some crushed Oreos or chocolate chunks
- As I said, I used my double chocolate ice cream recipe as I love my homemade icecream, and its delicious but you can use any ice-cream you like!
- I also used semi-skimmed milk, but you can use whole milk – I think skimmed Milk (0.1% Milk) would be slightly too watery in my opinion!
- These are best served immediately!
Find my other recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.