You might be able to tell by now that I love the ideas of No-Churn and No-Bake recipes, they are sometimes the best things ever! (Especially when you don’t have much time to prep the dish!) And after my crazy obsession of pistachios started with my No-Bake Chocolate & Pistachio Cheesecake I thought why not create something completely different yet still creamy and delicious nutty!
This recipe is so incredibly easy and utterly delicious! It only has FOUR ingredients!! And there is only THREE steps to the recipe! Could it really get any easier?
This recipe makes 2L of ice-cream
– 1x 397g tin of condensed milk
– 600ml double cream
– 1/2 tsp vanilla bean or 1 vanilla pod
– 75g finely chopped pistachios
1) With an electric mixer (because it’ll be 1000x easier) whisk together the tin of condensed milk, vanilla, and double cream on a high speed – this might take a few minutes
2) Whip the mix up to soft peaks and until it holds itself – be careful not to over mix as it can go nasty – and fold through the chopped pistachios
3) Pour into a freezer proof container (I used old ice-cream tubs) or a tin and either cover with a lid or some cling film and freeze for at least 6-8 hours, or over night – Serve how you like and ENJOY!!
Tips and Ideas
If you aren’t a fan of pistachios then you can obviously try a different sort of nut, but I find it works well with the vanilla and they aren’t completely rock solid in the ice-cream!
You could serve the ice-cream in a wafer basket, a brandy snap basket, a sundae bowl… or just eat it out of the tub – the list is endless!
My other Ice-Cream recipes
P.s. Pistachios are my true nutty obsession – apparently.