Delicious & scrumptious Mini Egg Fudge that is seriously easy to make at home, no boiling or sugar thermometers involved!
So, its less than a Week away till its Easter 2016… so its time for my last few delicious Easter related recipes of the year. I actually find this a little tragic, as I LOVE Easter chocolates such as Mini Eggs & Creme Eggs and it breaks my heart a little that they’re going to be off the shelves in less than a week. But anyway, an easy recipe today that even the worlds biggest fudge novice can make & enjoy as its not like normal fudge.. its cheats fudge!
By cheats fudge, I do not by any means mean that its low fat.. or sugar free, because LOL no its not.. I mean that its incredibly easy to make, and you don’t need a sugar thermometer to make it like normal fudge. After the success of my Mini Egg Drip Cake, and No-Bake Mini Egg Cheesecake recipes recently, I knew my Easter fudge this year had to be Mini Egg related. The recipe itself is based on my other ‘cheats fudge’ recipes such as my Peppermint Fudge inspired by Carnations fudge which were big successes in themselves.. so this is a winner.
The Fudge itself is white chocolate based as I thought that would make it more Easter-y as its light in colour, and brings out the Mini Eggs well. the Crunch of the Mini Egg is delicious against the fudge texture, and of course its super addictive. Some find it sweet, so I cut fairly small squares of fudge so that you don’t feel so bad about eating it.. theres a method in my madness see. I also state below that this can last 2-3 weeks in the fridge, but it NEVER lasts that long in reality.
Last year I posted my classic Easter Fudge recipe, which in itself is delicious – and is made like proper fudge.. so if you fancy giving that a go then do, but if you want something easy and quick to make for your Easter sweet treat, then give this delicious recipe a go! Enjoy!
This recipe makes 50 squares of fudge
– 1x 397g Tin Condensed Milk
– 400g White Chocolate Chips
– 25g Butter (can be salted)
– 1tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
– 100g Icing Sugar, Sifted
– 4x 90g bags of Mini Eggs, crushed
1) Line a tin with parchment paper – I use a 9×9″ square tin as it makes a nice depth of fudge!
2) Put the chopped chocolate/chocolate chips into a heavy based pan, along with all of the condensed milk, vanilla extract, and butter – melt on a low heat, stiring often so that the chocolate doesn’t catch on the bottom and burn and so that all the ingredients mix together well.
3) Once melted, tip in the sifted icing sugar and combine well, it make take a bit of beating. Leave the mixture to cool for about 5 minutes, stiring occasionally to prevent a skin.
4) Once cooled, pour in 3/4 of the crushed mini eggs and quickly stir through pour into the tin and smooth over the mixture. Pour on the rest of the crushed mini eggs and press into the top of the fudge and store in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours to set, or overnight!
4) Once set – remove from the tin and cut into the squares (I cut 1″ squares) , return to the fridge for another couple of hours to finish setting – ENJOY!
Tips and Ideas
This recipe will last better in the fridge for up to 2-3 weeks if it manages to last that long – you can also easily half or double the recipe, the setting times will just change slightly.
If you don’t let the mixture cool enough, the mini eggs will start melting quickly so don’t worry if they do, it’ll just start marbling the mixture slightly – stop mixing as quickly as you can and set it in the fridge to prevent a mush!
Find my other Sweets & Easter Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.