No-Churn Mint Chocolate Ice-cream!

A delicious easy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice-Cream that you can make at home – and no need for an Ice Cream Machine!

IMG_2918_1

I must say that I ADORE Ice-cream; no matter if it is summer or winter, hot or cold, I will always be in the mood for ice-cream. I have always used it as a home remedy for when I am unwell, and when I want something not too heavy for a dessert! With the fashion of ice cream parlours growing again, ice-cream could be considered the “in thing” again – but for me, it never went out of style! Ice-cream is an amazing thing!

When I was away in Devon we were taught how to make proper ice cream from scratch – such as cooking it in a pan to cook the eggs out and thicken naturally – and there is nothing wrong with that! They are incredibly ice-creams and I love making them that way too! However, they are more time consuming. I thought that the easier way to get what I want quicker is to simply cut to the chase and use a simpler recipe – and therefore be able to mix it together relatively quickly and leave to freeze overnight, or use my ice cream maker if I am feeling fancy.

One of the things I find about mint ice-cream is that its so refreshing and light compared to a chocolate fondant for example, yet the ice cream WITH the fondant would be a match made in heaven! There are endless possibilities with ice-cream, especially when you can make it so easily at home.

This particular recipe I posted as one of my original recipes on here, but I decided to repost with a couple of wee changes – and better pictures 😉 seriously though, its utterly delicious – and SO easy to make!

This makes 2L Ice-Cream!

– 1x 397g Tin of Condensed Milk
– 2tsp Peppermint Essence
– 100g Chocolate – chopped up into small pieces
– 1/2tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
– 600ml Double Cream
– Green Food Colouring

1) In a Stand Mixer with this whisk attachment (or a large bowl with a hand-held whisk) Mix together the tin of condensed milk, peppermint essence, and vanilla!

2) Pour in the double cream and whisk for a couple of minutes on a medium-high speed until thick and some green food colouring and continue to whisk until you reach the colour you want – I use gel food colouring!

3) Continue to whisk the mixture until its very thick and holds itself – fold through the chopped up chocolate and pour into a freezer proof container or a tin and either cover with a lid or some cling film and freeze for at least 6-8 hours, or over night

4) To serve – remove from the freezer about 30 Minutes before you want to serve it and store it in the fridge – as its homemade (or like some shop bought ice-cream) they’re a bit hard straight out the freezer! Serve how you like and ENJOY!!

If you’re not a massive fan of mint, use a little less – or if you absolutely adore it, use more! I find my Peppermint Essence in the Baking isle alongside the Vanilla essence and such – and the Food Colouring I use is SugarFlair food colouring! 🙂 I prefer to use Gel colouring as you have to use far less, and it doesn’t have a funny aftertaste!

I serve my ice-cream up with a fresh bit of mint, and a chocolate drizzle, or in a cone – delicious on a summers day!

P.s. I warn you that it is INSANELY addictive.

You can find my other Ice-Cream Recipes on my Recipes Page!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

• Reply Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream – LOVE the little bakery May 12, 2016 at 10:51 am

[…] Chip, and loved Jane’s (from Jane’s Patisserie) “No Churn” recipe here. With the summer months fast approaching, ice cream is going to be the top of all my desserts! I […]

• Reply Laís @thediabeticviking August 14, 2015 at 2:16 pm

Inspiring! I’m currently looking for the perfect combination to make it with real mint! it seems to take a lot of leaves to work… but I’ll get there!

• Reply Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream | love the little bakery August 14, 2015 at 9:37 am

[…] I highly recommend if you don’t already!) you’ll know she recent posted about her No-Churn Mint Chocolate Ice-Cream, which totally inspired me to give it a go! Jane makes her bakes so easy to understand that I felt […]

• Reply angelaburnley August 12, 2015 at 3:19 pm

I made it and it was delicious however I overbeat it so it isn’t as smooth as I had hoped!

• Reply lovethelittlebakery August 12, 2015 at 12:26 pm

Jane, I made this the other night and it’s truly amazing! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. I would love to put this on my blog to say I’ve tried it if that’s okay with you? I can’t believe how easy it was to make and the creaminess is nicer than a lot of shop bought ice-creams! Your recipes are always so scrummy looking, I have a long list of ones I want to try! 🙂 Hx

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 12, 2015 at 12:37 pm

Awwh thank you! And yes of course please post it as long as you mention me with a link to my blog 🙂 it’s so nice though isn’t it! And so easy!! x

• Reply lovethelittlebakery August 12, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Oh of course I will 🙂 It’s delicious, I didn’t realise it would be so easy to make without an actual ice cream maker!! xx

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 12, 2015 at 9:12 pm

It’s unbelievable isn’t it 🙂 hehe and thank you! xx

• Reply abbiosbiston August 10, 2015 at 1:54 pm

I swear I pin like 9/10 of your recipes!

• Reply Anita Kushwaha August 7, 2015 at 10:07 pm

My favourite flavour! I want to try this out. 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 7, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Aww thank you, definitely a favourite flavour of mine too! 🙂

• Reply Love & Sunshine August 7, 2015 at 10:06 pm

This looks amazing and so simple! Thank you for sharing:) I’m definitely going to give it a try especially since it’s been so hot lately!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 7, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Oh thank you! And yes please do! Let me know how it goes! 🙂

• Reply chemit1 August 7, 2015 at 3:25 pm

Does this stay soft in the freezer?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 7, 2015 at 3:43 pm

It’ll go as hard as any ice cream does – so if you want it soft i would recommend getting it out maybe 15 minutes before you want it? 🙂

• Reply chemit1 August 7, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Haha ok. I tried to make ice cream a couple years ago and after 24hrs in the freezer it turned into a rock and I broke my spoon trying to dig it out! Lol

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 7, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Ohhhh no this will never be that hard! I usually take mine out about 30-45 before I want it but stick it in the fridge during that time 🙂 makes it the perfect consistency!

• chemit1 August 7, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Awesome! I’m going to give it a try!

• Jane's Patisserie August 7, 2015 at 4:29 pm

Please do! Lemme know how it goes! ☺️

• Reply sososed1388 August 7, 2015 at 2:33 pm

UMMM best fucking flavor as far as Ice cream goes!!!! #YAS!!!

• Reply Zara August 7, 2015 at 1:05 pm

This is so easy…
    Ice cream is literally the love of my life
    I am definetly gonna try it ^.^
    Thankyou

• Reply Rae August 7, 2015 at 10:55 am

Mint Chocolate chip is definitely my favourite flavour of ice cream! Would you recommend dark or milk chocolate?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 7, 2015 at 11:16 am

I use either! This particular one I used Lindt Dark 70% 🙂

• Reply littlecaps August 7, 2015 at 10:27 am

Oh lordy, looks delicious!!

• Reply angelaburnley August 7, 2015 at 10:15 am