These are one of the simplest yet most scrumptious snacks you can bake (or buy in a shop, but they’re so much better homemade) and they are so easy to do!
You can buy all the ingredients ready made, or you can be adventurous and start from scratch completely.
– 2 tbsps Pesto (more if wanted)
– 100g grated Parmesan
– 100g grated mature cheddar cheese
– 350g Puff Pastry
1) Heat the oven to 220C (200C fan) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) If using ready made puff pastry, simply roll out to the thickness of a £1 coin
3) Spread some pesto on to the pastry, this will make it easier to stick all the cheese down too!
4) Grate the parmesan and cheese quite finely and spread over the pesto
5) You can either cut them into 1cm strips now, or you can fold the pastry over so its half the size, then roll it out so its the original thickness. This keeps more of the pesto & cheese on the inside.
6) Once the pastry has been cut into strips, simply twist all a few times (the more the merrier), scatter over more cheese and bake for 12 minutes (or until nice and golden)
Tips and Ideas
Pesto is so easy to make at home, and it makes it so much nicer when you know exactly whats in it.
You can use simple ingredients such as just pine nuts, basil, and oil – or you can jazz it up a bit and add some parmesan to the pesto! Pesto is one of the easiest things to change up and about as its so versatile. I often use Jamie Oliver’s Recipe
If making your own puff pastry, I salute you. Even famous chefs buy it ready made! But again, if you are making it, I often use Gordon Ramsay’s method found on BBC Good Food
Hope you enjoy!
Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!
You can find me on:
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.