Light & Moist Chocolate Cupcakes filled with a whole Oreo, Oreo Buttercream, and even another one on top!
I have been wanting to post this recipe for aaaages – and finally the chance to bake some arose so I took it, rather too willingly! I LOVE Oreo Cupcakes, and any Oreo lover would really – wants not too like about them?! A whole Oreo at the bottom of each Cupcake, with a moist and light chocolate cupcake sponge, topped with a creamy and delicious Oreo Buttercream – Hello Heaven!
These are super easy to Bake and look utterly scrumptious – you will want to bake them again and again! I usually put more Buttercream onto my cupcakes then what is shown in the pictures, but as I was making these for a birthday, they didn’t want toooo much so I used 2/3 of the recipe I have written below 🙂 Not going to lie, I did eat some of the leftover icing with a spoon…
This recipe makes 15 cupcakes
– 15 Whole Oreos
– 200g Butter/Margarine
– 200g Caster Sugar
– 4 Eggs
– 150g Self Raising Flour
– 50g Cocoa Powder
– 1-3tbsp Whole Milk – If needed!
– 200g Butter, room temperature
– 500g Icing Sugar
– 6-8 Crushed Oreos
– 2-4tbsp Whole Milk
– Oreos, and anything else you fancy.
1) Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan – and Line 1-2 12 hole Muffin Trays with Cases! (I make 15 cupcakes out of this recipe) Put a whole Oreo at the bottom of each of the cupcake cases – leave to one side.
2) Beat together the butter & sugar until pale and light & fluffy, I do this for a couple of minutes using my KitchenAid with the Paddle attachment, it makes it so smooth and perfect!
3) Add the eggs, self raising flour, and cocoa powder, and mix until smooth – if the mixture is a bit stiff then add 1tbsp of milk till you reach the desired consistency.
4) Spoon the mixture into each of the cases on top of the whole Oreo – I use an ice cream scoop so that its equal between them all, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked through! Once baked, leave to cool on a wire rack.
5) To make the Buttercream, beat the Butter at room temperature with a mixer until smooth and supple – gradually beat in the Icing Sugar until it is all incorporated – add the finely crushed Oreo’s (I blitz mine in the food processor so I know there are no lumps) and continue to beat for 3-5 minutes until super light and fluffy – if its too stiff, add the milk slowly until its the desired consistency!
6) Using a Large Star/1M nozzle, pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes and top with whatever you fancy! I made these cupcakes for a Lady on request, so I decorated these how she wanted 🙂
Tips and Ideas
These cupcakes will keep in an airtight container for 3 days – if its really hot I keep mine in the fridge.
These cupcakes were made with 2/3 of the buttercream as the Lady I made them for didn’t want as much, but I still used the 6 crushed Oreo’s on the inside! 🙂
Find my other Cupcake & Oreo Recipes on my Recipes Page!