Delicious and Light Muffins packed full of Fresh Raspberries & White Chocolate Chunks – perfect Easy Bake
This post was originally posted on Every Nook & Cranny as a Guest post but is my recipe, and photos! 🙂 Seriously go and check out her Blog as she has recently re-named and re-organised it and its lovely as lovely can be!
I have always loved Muffins & Cupcakes, they’re definitely one of my favourite treats. White Chocolate and Raspberry is also one of the best combinations on the planet so the idea of making Muffin versions seemed obvious, and I wonder why I haven’t put up a recipe for them before!
These Muffins are easy to bake, and have always gone down a hit at Charity Bake Sales, with Friends, and with Family especially (my trusty taste testers!) I prefer to use Fresh Fruit in my baking as I often find it works out better, but it depends on where you’re from, sometimes Frozen Fruit is better! If using Frozen Fruit I don’t thaw my fruit first as it produces so much liquid that past bakes have failed so miserably!
These Muffins are so light and fluffy yet lovely and moist still – something which I find some Muffin recipes can lose so easily! The touch of the Vanilla in the recipe creates such a nice background flavour to Muffins with the dashes of Raspberry & White Chocolate rippled through – perfection!
This recipe makes 12 Muffins!
– 1 Large Egg
– 150ml Whole Milk
– 160ml sunflower oil
– 1tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
– 300g Self-Raising Flour
– 200g Caster Sugar
– 150g White Chocolate, Chopped up
– 150g Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
– Melted White Chocolate
1) Preheat your oven to 200C/180C Fan and line a 12-hole Muffin tray with cases
2) Mix together the Egg, Milk, Vanilla and Oil in a bowl (I use a whisk), and in a separate bowl sift the flour and sugar. Add the Liquid mix to the Flour mix and just about combine in as few stirs as possible (over mixing results in bad tasting muffins!)
3) When almost finished mixing add the raspberries and the White Chocolate chunks and finish mixing – Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and baked!
4) Remove the muffins from the oven and cool on a wire rack – Decorate with some extra melted White Chocolate and enjoy!
Tips and Ideas
You can decorate the Muffins with a drizzle more of White Chocolate, a buttercream, or even just a dusting of icing sugar!
These Muffins will last in an airtight container for 3 days, but they never last that long in my house!
You can find my other Muffin & Cupcake Recipes on my Recipes Page!