*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Delicious Crunchy & Soft Cookies filled with delicious White Chocolate Chunks and Dried Cranberries – perfect with a Cuppa!
White chocolate and cranberry is such an amazing flavour combination, so its not a surprise that you find it a lot in muffins in coffee shops (I always buy them). Its something you can so easily play with such as White Chocolate & Raspberries or even White Chocolate & Passion Fruit! I always believe in using the best ingredients that I can afford, but that doesn’t mean you have to go all out for every recipe that you bake! I sourced my cranberries from my local supermarket, and I buy my White Chocolate in bulk to make it cheaper – yummy.
I have posted several cookie recipes in my time, but my favourite is my Chocolate Orange Cookies & Triple Chocolate Chip Crinkle Cookies – however, these both have cocoa powder in, and I realise not everyone is a fan of these types of cookies! This set me on my mission to create an utterly delicious recipe that doesn’t require chilling before baking!
I posted a recipe similar to this when my blog first start, but I was never really a fan of how they looked, and even how they tasted so I decided to repost the recipe with my changes!
The good part about this recipe is if you want them thinner and crispier, use self raising flour (the same amount!) but if you want them thicker and softer then use plain flour – I have tried both several times, and I like the results on both, so its up to you! 🙂
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
– 125g Butter
– 125g Soft Brown Sugar
– 100g Granulated Sugar
– 1 Egg, beaten
– 1tsp vanilla essence
– 190g plain/self raising flour (See note above!)
– ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
– ½ tsp salt
– 100g dried cranberries
– 150g white chocolate chips
1) Preheat the oven to 180C and line several baking trays with parchment
2) Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy – you can either do this by hand or with a mixer, its entirely up to you! Then beat in the egg and the vanilla essence well until smooth
3) Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and salt and beat until a thick cookie dough is formed
4) Carefully fold in the dried cranberries and chocolate!
5) Spoon the mixture onto the trays (I use a cookie scoop!) and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until nice and golden brown. The longer the crunchier, the shorter the softer and more gooey. Make sure to spread them out far enough so that they don’t combine into one giant cookie during the baking! (unless of course you want it this way…!)
Tips and Ideas
Other favourite combinations of mine is to used Dried Raspberries, or even put in 1/2tsp of cinnamon to make a delicious twist!
These cookies last in an airtight container for 3-4 days, and you can freeze the cookie dough raw, but I wouldn’t recommend freezing them once baked! If baking from raw cookie dough, they will take an extra 2-3 minutes! 🙂
Find my other Cookie Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.