*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
A classic traybake, with a sweet chocolatey twist – Honeycomb Flapjacks!
I have had many requests for a recipe like this, and no doubt, there will be more than one flapjack recipe on my blog – however, I couldn’t resist posting these ones! Honey is an odd one for me, but I LOVE using it in baking.
These flapjacks have a honey themed base rather than golden syrup, and to make it even more ‘honey themed’ I of course topped them with honeycomb. I like a theme, I roll with it!
They’re crunchy, gooey, sweet, chocolatey, honey-y and delicious. I’ve made these many times for a simple bake to have in the background, something that can easily be in the kitchen – or made in a rush, they’re so simple!
This recipe is so versatile that you can add raisins, nuts, orange zest, chocolate chips, or any chocolate bar on top that you like – but I like this combination best.
The basic recipe is just four ingredients for the actual flapjacks, and I am just obsessed with it. Honey, Butter, Sugar and Oats! Literally that simple.
My other Millionaires Flapjacks vary slightly because I wanted to do a golden syrup related flapjack, but I know there are plenty of you out there who would love a Honey version too!
The milk chocolate on top gives it a creamy texture that I can often crave with traybakes (I think this is obvious… how many chocolatey bakes do I have on my blog?!) But seriously – this is also optional.
You could even use Dark Chocolate, or White Chocolate, or any flavoured chocolate that you can melt down! I just went for milk chocolate so it went well with the Cadburys Crunchies!
If you wanted an AMAZING basic flapjack recipe, then these are top notch. Even though I have updated this post in June 2019, when it was originally posted nearly four years prior.. the recipe didn’t change. I just love it THAT much! Enjoy! x
- 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 200 g Demerara Sugar
- 200 g Honey
- 400 g Porridge/Rolled Oats
- 250 g Milk Chocolate
- 4 Crunchie Bars (chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160CFan and line a 9x9inch Square tin with parchment paper!
- In a medium pan add your Butter, Sugar, and Honey – on a low-medium heat, stir together and melt your ingredients till the Butter has melted, and the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the mixture has melted, add you Oats and the Honey mixture to a large bowl and mix together! Press down evenly into the prepared tin, and bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes until baked through, it’ll start to go golden and crispy at the edges!
- Once baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin. Once cooled, melt your Chocolate and pour over the top, and then sprinkle over and press in your Honeycomb bars!
- Leave to set, then cut into squares (I cut 16 or 25) and enjoy!
- You obviously don’t have to decorate your Flapjacks with the Chocolate and Honeycomb bars, but I like them! All so honey like!
- These will last in an airtight container for 4-5 days at room temperature!
- You can flavour the flapjacks easily with:
- 100g Raisins
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 100g Nuts
You can find my other Tray Bake Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.