*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
A Creamy, Chocolatey, Sweet, and delicious No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake using Cadbury’s Crunchies, Crunchie Spread, and even more Delicious – My favourite, Crunchie Cheesecake!
Hi, I’m Jane, and I’m a Cheesecake Addict. Not joking, its all I ever want to bake – there is at least one made every week in my house, and this is one of the few bakes that I don’t pass off onto my parents work colleagues! My family manage to eat them all! (You can tell we are healthy.) But seriously, I love them. I had so many requests for this one that I couldn’t resist – why would I want to disappoint my readers? 😉
The base is crunchy from Digestive Biscuits. The topping is creamy, sweet, and the ever so slight hint of the chocolate is a marriage made in heaven with the chunks of Crunchie that are dotted about inside.
I have decorated my Cheesecake in classic Jane’s Patisserie style, with delicious freshly whipped cream, an insane amount of Chocolate Drizzle, and of course… more crunchie! (I did worry that the lady at the checkout was judging me when I bought 3 multipacks of Crunchies, but who cares – its so yummy! Next time I will use self-service!) But of course the decorating like this is optional – I just love it like this!
I obviously have my most popular recipe on the blog being my No-Bake Caramel Rolo Cheesecake, but this one was inspired by my No-Bake Chocolate Malteser Cheesecake and No-Bake Toblerone Cheesecake. They’re both chocolatey, and have a chocolate bar theme – but I wanted to make this different enough to justify another recipe – and I think I managed it But seriously, I really hope you guys like this one as much as the others – my family definitely did, and so did I!
Recipe Updated June 2017!
This serves 12+!
– 300g Digestives
– 150g Unsalted Butter/Stork, Melted
– 500-600g Full Fat Cream Cheese
– 125g Icing Sugar
– 1tsp Vanilla Extract
– 300ml Double Cream
– 250g Milk Chocolate, chopped
– 200g-250g Crunchies, chopped – (2×4 multipack = 260g)
To Decorate – Optional
– 200g Crunchie Spread
– 50g Chocolate, melted
– 150ml Double Cream
– 2tbsps Icing Sugar
– 3 Crunchies, chopped into 12 pieces
– 1 Crunchie, chopped finely
1) To make the Cheesecake Base – melt the butter in the microwave on short bursts on in a small pan over a medium heat – Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a small crumb, add the melted butter, and pulse a few times until it is combined well. Tip into a 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin and press down firmly – chill in the refrigerator whilst you do the rest!
2) To make the Cheesecake Filling – Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring gently or microwave in short bursts until fully melted – leave to cool slightly whilst doing the rest.
3) With an electric mixer (I used my KitchenAid) Whisk the Cream Cheese, Vanilla and Icing sugar until combined – pour in the liquid double cream and continue to Whip the Cream Cheese/Cream Mixture until it is starting to thicken a lot like a Mousse does (I use speed 6/10 on my KitchenAid)
4) Whilst mixing, pour in the melted chocolate and Whip again until thick – It will hold it self completely when finished whipping – It won’t take too long as the chocolate will harden quickly and cause it to thicken.
5) Chop up the Crunchies and fold through the mixture – Pour the mix on to the biscuit base, smooth over, cover, and chill in the fridge for at least 5-6 hours hours or preferably overnight.
6) To decorate the Cheesecake – Remove the cheesecake from the tin, and decorate by spreading the crunchie spread ontop of the cheesecake, with some whipped cream (whip double cream and icing sugar together), even more crushed Crunchies, and some melted chocolate!
If it looks like your cheesecake isn’t setting, or its a but sloppy, or you’re even not sure.. try it anyway. Try to set the mix anyway! If it still doesn’t set, freeze it and have an Ice Cream Cheesecake!
Tips and Ideas
Recipe updated June 2017 – The original cheesecake filling used 400g of Mascarpone, 100g of Icing Sugar, 300ml Double Cream, 250g Milk Chocolate, and Crunchies. Follow the same method idea if you want to use the original amounts!
You can also use what biscuits you like in the base, but I love digestives the most – You could do 200g of Digestives and 150g of Crunchies however with 130g of Butter if you wanted a more Crunchie like experience.
I recommend using a 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin in this recipe!
I always set my cheesecakes in the fridge overnight otherwise they risk being a little runny still and slipping off the biscuit base but if you want to risk it then go for it!
This Cheesecake will last covered in the fridge for 3 days!
Find my other Cheesecake recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.