Terry’s Chocolate Orange Truffles!

Luscious and scrumptious Terry’s Chocolate Orange Truffles that are perfect for a present, or your Valentines day treat!

IMG_7131_1

So yeah, I couldn’t resist this recipe. I would apologise, but I am not sorry – its just so yummy! Like seriously, I made these for my family and friends as a test recipe for Valentines day this year, and I think I must have eaten half the batch myself! People say I am greedy… I say I am a Terry’s Chocolate Orange addict.

Over Christmas I shared my Chocolate Truffles recipe, dressed up as little Christmas Puddings and they were a massive hit – along with my Oreo Chocolate Truffles I was inspired to combine them and make these beauties. The truffle mix itself is a lot simpler than most, and I wanted to keep it that way as I didn’t want to overpower the flavour of the chocolate orange! I did however, like the Oreo Chocolate Truffles, use a biscuit in the middle so that they were bulked out a bit more, and I find they are far easier to shape when biscuit is involved!

I obviously love the flavour of Terry’s Chocolate Orange (Like, you’d think I was sponsored by them with how much I go on about it, but honestly – its just a unconditional love.) and truffle form is one of the best. My Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cookies are one of my most popular recipes on my blog, along with my Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cupcakes so its no surprise that these, after I made them for the second time, were a MASSIVE hit with my taste testers!

These are made up of few ingredients, and are much easier to make that you think – Enjoy!!

I make 30-40 truffles out of this mix

Truffle mix
– 1x 175g Terry’s Chocolate Orange
– 175ml Double Cream
– 175g Biscuits – I used Digestives.

To Decorate
– 225g Dark Chocolate
– 50g White Chocolate
– Orange Food Colouring

1) Chop your Terry’s Chocolate Orange up into small pieces and then chop your biscuits up to a tiny chunks-fine crumb and also leave to the side (Keep them separate!!)

2) Heat the double cream in a pan until its just about to boil and then turn off the heat – mix in the chocolate orange until it is fully combined and then mix the biscuits into the mixture as well. Pour it all into a container and leave in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours, or preferably overnight.

3) Using a cup of hot water, Shape the truffles using a melon baller or two spoons to create small rounds – I dip my melon baller into the hot water each time to clean off any excess and make it easier for the mixture to drop out – I also then, if they are misshapen, quickly roll them in my hands to get a round!

4) Place back in the fridge for a couple more hours or in the freezer for at least an hour so the mixture is very cold again to prevent the truffles melting when decorating.

5) Melt the Dark Chocolate for decoration and dip each truffle into it trying to keep the coating light so that not much drips off and rest on a piece of greaseproof paper – once all of them are coated, refrigerate till hard.

6) Melt the White Chocolate, mix in a little of some orange food colouring, and drizzle on and leave to set in the Fridge! Enjoy!

Often if my truffles are misshapen I roll them in my hands so that it becomes smoother and hopefully rounder – you might want to wear some gloves for this though, as it can get messy! I use a dipping tool to help me with the decorating of the truffles, but you could also stick each truffle into a cocktail stick and stand them up in some polystyrene so the excess drips off itself!

These truffles (if the cream has a good date) will last for 1 week in the fridge!

You can obviously decorate them how you like – but this is my preferred method!

Find my other Truffle, Sweets and Chocolate Orange Recipes on my Recipes Page!

• Jo
    March 4, 2020 at 7:43 pm

Hi Jane, this recipe sounds great, thank you. I was wondering if the mixture may be the right consistency for the cake pop baller (scissor type gadget). These look to be a similar size to my cake pops but wasn’t sure how thick/ solid the mix is. TIA. 🙂

• Nas
    December 15, 2019 at 7:27 pm

Hey I just wanted to ask for fhe coating can you use any chocolate like dairymilk or does it have to be cooking chocolate also does the chocolate have fo be tempered for the coating to set? Love all your recipes x

December 15, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Hiya! I generally wouldn’t recommend something such as cadbury’s/galaxy as they are very thick – I use dark chocolate as it tends to melt thinner and be better for covering! You can temper it, but I haven’t bothered.

• Dot
    February 16, 2019 at 12:07 pm

Just wanted to say thank you so much for this recipe! I am a bridesmaid at my brother’s (quite DIY) wedding in April and I am making truffles as the wedding favours. I’ve adapted this using different biscuits and add ins to make different flavours – I’m doing dark chocolate ginger nut, white chocolate amaretti , and the original chocolate orange flavour. This recipe is foolproof, so delicious, and easy to switch up, its absolutely perfect! Thank you!

• Natasha
    February 5, 2019 at 3:03 pm

I’ve tried both the oreo and bailey’s truffles and loved them so want to give these a go now. Can you use milk chocolate to cover the truffles instead or would you recommend using dark? Not a fan of dark chocolate so wanted to know what you thought!

Thanks!

• Emma
    December 18, 2018 at 10:39 am

Love these! Where did you get your dipping tool from??

December 18, 2018 at 7:13 pm

I got them from hobby craft but you can buy it on amazon!

• Judles
    May 2, 2018 at 12:14 pm

Jane, these look delicious and will try them soon! Just wondering if you ever use cream cheese in yours? I have made some Oreo ones with the c cheese (not your recipe) covered in white chocolate but wondered if you could come up with another flavour for the c cheese ones as they were sooo easy too! Thanks

• Jade
    December 8, 2017 at 5:32 pm

I was wondering if you had an idea for a Christmassy trifle. Prefably not chocolate, was thinking more along the lines of gingerbread/caramel? Love your recipes though! The cheesecakes go down very well in this house!!

• Rachel
    November 23, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Can they be frozen? So I could prep them prior to Christmas x

November 25, 2017 at 9:24 am

They can! However once coated it can sometimes tarnish the coating chocolate because of the temperature changes. But you can easily freeze them before coating as well.

• […] Terry’s Chocolate Orange Truffles by Jane’s Patisserie. This isn’t a new post by Jane, but look how amazing these are! I […]

• Laurie
    September 6, 2017 at 3:19 am

What is double cream? I did not want to sound foolish. Is it half and half or whipping cream? Thank you.

September 6, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Double Cream is the fattiest liquid cream. Google your closest alternative to the country you are from.

• Jill
    March 31, 2016 at 6:26 pm

Are the biscuits to be completely broken up? i.e could be put through a blender or just cut into small chunks? Thanks!

March 31, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Not blended but small bits haha – some will end up being tiny anyway through chopping, but you don’t want it all to be crumbs x

• Kassie
    March 13, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Forgive me, what are the biscuits you’re referring to? I’m really looking forward to making these, but I don’t want to leave anything out!

March 14, 2016 at 8:15 am

Digestives are a very classic British biscuit that often substitutes graham crackers in America for example? Any biscuit will do really – it just gives it a nice texture and make it easier to decorate when there’s biscuit in there ☺️

• […] Terry’s Chocolate Orange Truffles by Jane’s Patisserie. How amazing do these look?! Perfect for a homemade gift for […]

• Emily Coates
    February 1, 2016 at 9:04 pm

These sound divine! Perfect gift idea too – if they make it! x

February 1, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Thank you so much! And yes, I must admit that I did have quite a few testers… x

• Suzanne
    February 1, 2016 at 3:06 pm

I didn’t see them at Target on Saturday, but asked an employee and they said they do carry them from time to time and that I should check back when it gets closer to Easter. Hmmmm… think I will try elsewhere. Must try these chocolates you know my love affair with chocolate and orange. YUM. Your truffles look amazing.

February 1, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Ahhh yes definitely try and get them again!! And same, it’s a never ending love affair ❤️ and thank you!!