*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
A delicious No-Bake Rolo Tart that will be the perfect Showstopper for any occasion!
SO, I thought it was time for something delicious. After the success of my No-Bake Caramel Rolo Cheesecake, I thought it was time for another Rolo recipe as you all seem to LOVE them! Like, I can’t deny it.. I love Rolo recipes! Yum. But anyway… I wanted it to be another No-Bake recipe for now as I was craving a delicious dessert, and I find baking with Rolos tricky because of the caramel in them.
I decided to go for an Oreo crust on this dessert because I adore the flavour of Oreos, and they work remarkably well with all sorts of different fillings. My No-Bake Oreo Chocolate Tart is a good example of this! I also love how the crust looks with the contrast of the caramel.. but we all know thats just a bonus. I’m really making excuses for having such an indulgent dessert.
It’s not really about looks when it comes to food. Sure, it does help if something looks delicious, and I find that the more delicious a recipe the more of you will look at the recipe, but seriously… when I bake at home for myself, I don’t faff about with it all. It’s ALL about taste to me! However, this just happens to be so incredibly easy to make, AND looks INSANE.
I decided to use Carnations Caramel for my caramel layer as the amount in the tin is perfect for me. You can either use Carnations Caramel, any other caramel, Dulce de Leche etc – a thick caramel sauce is all you need! I don’t personally think it needs salting though to make it Salted Caramel like my Salted Caramel Chocolate Tart as the Oreo Crust and Dark Chocolate filling is enough bitterness for me, but this is personal taste!
If you want to use Milk Chocolate, you can! However, it does make it very sweet. You also need to use only 250ml of double cream, and 35g of butter, as the milk chocolate makes it slightly runnier so you need more chocolate in comparison to cream. I wouldn’t recommend white chocolate for this however as that would definitely be too sweet.
You can also swap the Oreos up for something else, but as I have already mentioned I utterly adore them in this recipe. Instead, you could use Digestives, golden Oreos, or anything! You just need the same amount of biscuits, and roughly the same amount of butter. Also, for the Oreos, you don’t have to remove the centres if thats something you’re worrying about. I keep them in and save the effort!
I really hope you guys love this recipe as it is DEFINITELY one of my new favourites – let me know how you get on! Imma go make another one and eat it all to myself. Yay.
No-Bake Rolo Tart!
- 300 g Oreos
- 100 g Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 250 g Dark Chocolate
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 50 g Unsalted Butter
- 350 g Caramel (one tin)
- 200-250 g Rolos (some halved)
For the Oreo Crust
- Using a food processor, blitz all of the biscuits to a fine crumb, and mix in the melted butter. Press this into the sides and base of a 23cm Pie/Flan tin (mine was 3cm deep).
- It might be easier to use your hands and fingers for this! Make sure that the side parts are thick enough to hold once removed. Refrigerate for now.
For the Filling
- Chop the chocolate up finely and put into a bowl along with the butter in cubes.
- In a small pan, heat the double cream until just before boiling point. You will see it starting to bubble at the sides.
- Once hot, pour over the chocolate and butter and beat with a spatula! If the chocolate hasn’t fully melted by this point, heat it in the microwave in 10 second bursts, stiring every time!
- Once the mixture is smooth, spread the tin of caramel onto the bottom of the Oreo base (It might be easier to beat the caramel slightly to loosen it first).
- Once on, spread the chocolate mixture onto of the caramel.
- Add the Rolos and halved Rolos to the top like you can see in my pictures and sprinkle on your sprinkles. Doing this now will mean they will set into the dessert so they don’t fall of everywhere!
- Leave to set for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Carefully remove from the tin, and enjoy! Serve with a dollop of cream, or on its own – yum!
- I used Dark chocolate in this dessert as the Rolos and Caramel layer are really sweet, so the bitterness of the chocolate is the perfect marriage in my mind!
- You can easily double up the recipe to make a bigger & deeper pie – add another half of the base recipe (I.e. use 3 tubes of Oreos, and 150g butter) and double the filling recipe! Use a 25cmx5cm deep tart tin!
- This dessert will last in the fridge for 3days, covered.
Find my other Dessert & No-Bake Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.