Chocolatey, Easy, and Super Delicious Toblerone Brownies, full of Toblerone Chunks.
I *accidentally* bought a large amount of Toblerone the other day, as I had a craving, and it was on offer. I did realise later however, that three of the large Toblerones might have been a tad excessive (aka 1.2kg of the stuff) so i wanted to bake something with it. My Toblerone Cookies have been really popular again recently after posting them on my Facebook page, and I figured that if you all love the cookies, you will LOVE the brownies.
My No-Bake Toblerone Cheesecake has always been popular with people, even being featured on The Lad Bibles food page, and I can understand why… Cheesecake is the best, Toblerone is the best. I wanted something indulgent, chocolatey and heavenly so I knew Brownies would be damn delicious and be a hit. I have made these a few times now so that I could get the recipe correct.
I decided that I would base this recipe on the base recipe that I have used for a majority of my brownies, my Triple Chocolate Brownies. I tried the recipe by just using 200g of Toblerone and then 200g of butter as the chocolate base, but it was a lot more watery then I imagined it could be. I assume that this is because of Toblerone not being ‘just chocolate’ so I tried it again but with 300g of Toblerone, and it wasn’t as bad… but still took ages to bake. I decided to give up with just using Toblerone, and using 100g of Dark Chocolate and 150g of Toblerone was the winning combination. You could easily just use 200g of Dark Chocolate for the recipe, and only use Toblerone for the chunks if you wish, but I thought I would make mine extra Toblerone-y.
I honestly adore this recipe. I know I basically have to say this, otherwise why would any of you bake them? But seriously, I adore Toblerone, and I adore Brownies, so together its heavenly. The chunks of Toblerone running through the Brownies which have a hint of the nougat/almondy chocolatey taste is just yum. I hope you adore this recipe, as I definitely did. Enjoy!
This makes 16 Brownies!
– 200g Unsalted Butter
– 100g Dark Chocolate, chopped
– 150g Toblerone, chopped
– 3 Large Eggs
– 275g Caster Sugar
– 90g Plain Flour
– 35g Cocoa Powder
– 400g Toblerone, chopped
1) Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 9x9inch Square baking tray with parchment paper.
2) Melt together the Butter, Dark Chocolate and the 150g Toblerone in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, on the microwave in 20 second bursts until melted. Leave on the side to cool whilst you do the rest.
3) Using an electric whisk/stand mixer, whisk together the Eggs & Caster Sugar for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale, is very mousse like, and is double the original volume of the amount of eggs + sugar! You will know its done because when you lift the whisk up out of the mix it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing!
4) When whisked, pour the cooled chocolate/toblerone/butter mix over eggs and fold together carefully.
5) Once completely combined, sift the cocoa powder and plain flour on top of the chocolate mix and then fold together again – still be careful to not knock out the air!
6) Once combined well, fold through the 400g Toblerone Chunks and pour into the prepared tin – bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes**! Once baked, leave to cool in the tin completely.
Tips and Ideas
I use the Milk Chocolate Toblerone but the Dark chocolate one would work too – I wouldn’t recommend use White Toblerone for the 150g part, but the 400g chunks throughout the mix would work.
**Depending on your ovens, or how you mixed the brownies up, some can take up to an hour to bake successfully. I’ve never fully understood why, but don’t give up if they’re not done after 30 minutes – cover with foil and continue to bake for longer. I poke a skewer through them and wait till its mostly clean, and the mixture doesn’t wobble in the tin.
Warm these up in the microwave and serve with some ice-cream, a delicious dessert for any occasion!
These will last in an airtight container for up to 1 week if they last that long!
Find my other Traybake & Brownie Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.