Toblerone Brownies!

Chocolatey, Easy, and Super Delicious Toblerone Brownies, full of Toblerone Chunks.

I *accidentally* bought a large amount of Toblerone the other day, as I had a craving, and it was on offer. I did realise later, however, that three of the large Toblerones might have been a tad excessive (aka 1.2kg of the stuff) so I wanted to bake something with it. I know you can get a giant 4.5kg bar these days, but wow that’s a lot of Toblerone!

My Toblerone Cookies have been really popular again recently after posting them on my Facebook page, and I figured that if you all love the cookies, you will LOVE the brownies. They are so fudgy, so delicious and full of the beautiful Toblerone flavour!

My No-Bake Toblerone Cheesecake has always been popular with people, even being featured on The Lad Bibles food page, and I can understand why… Cheesecake is the best, Toblerone is the best. I wanted something indulgent, chocolatey and heavenly so I knew Brownies would be damn delicious and be a hit. I have made these a few times now so that I could get the recipe correct.

I decided that I would base this recipe on the base recipe that I have used for a majority of my brownies, my Triple Chocolate Brownies. I tried the recipe by just using 200g of Toblerone and then 200g of butter as the chocolate base, but it was a lot more watery then I imagined it could be.

I assume that this is because of Toblerone not being ‘just chocolate’ so I tried it again but with 300g of Toblerone, and it wasn’t as bad… but still took ages to bake. I decided to give up with just using Toblerone, and using 200g of Dark Chocolate and 150g of Toblerone was the winning combination. You could easily just use 200g of Dark Chocolate for the recipe, and only use Toblerone for the chunks if you wish, but I thought I would make mine extra Toblerone-y.

I honestly adore this recipe. I know I basically have to say this, otherwise, why would any of you bake them? But seriously, I adore Toblerone, and I adore Brownies, so together with its heavenly. The chunks of Toblerone running through the Brownies which have a hint of the nougat/almondy chocolatey taste is just yum.

Sometimes brownies can take longer in some ovens, and that’s usually down to swapping ingredients, or your oven, or your mixing method. When making brownies, I really recommend you stick to the recipe! Using DARK chocolate in the base mix along with the Toblerone is important! The cocoa content is what helps it bake.

If you are worried that you don’t like dark chocolate, then don’t be! It just creates a wonderful flavour. When you are mixing the mixture, you want to be careful when folding everything together. You whisk the eggs and sugar as mentioned but then FOLD WITH YOUR HANDS. I never recommend using a mixer for brownies other than the egg part!

Sometimes, ovens can play a part too. I usually find the tiniest of wobbles in the tray, and a mostly clean skewer is the best for knowing brownies are done. If you are worried, use the fridge technique to help firm them up! If you find they have a cakier texture, it just means they are over baked! I hope you adore this recipe, as I definitely did. Enjoy! x

Toblerone Brownies!

Category: Traybakes
Type: Brownies
Keyword: Chocolate, Toblerone
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 16 Pieces

• 200 g Unsalted Butter
  • 150 g Dark Chocolate
  • 150 g Toblerone Milk or Dark
  • 3 Large Eggs (or 4 medium)
  • 275 g Caster Sugar (or light brown sugar)
  • 90 g Plain Flour
  • 35 g Cocoa Powder
  • 200-400 g Toblerone (chopped)

• Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 9x9″ square baking tray with parchment paper.
  • Melt together the Butter, Dark Chocolate and the 150g Toblerone in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, on the microwave in 20-second bursts until melted. Leave on the side to cool whilst you do the rest.
  • Using an electric whisk/stand mixer, whisk together the Eggs & Caster Sugar for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale, is very mousse like, and is double the original volume of the amount of eggs + sugar!
  • You will know its done because when you lift the whisk up out of the mix it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing!
  • When whisked, pour the cooled chocolate/Toblerone/butter mix over eggs and fold together carefully.
  • Once completely combined, sift the cocoa powder and plain flour on top of the chocolate mix and then fold together again – still be careful to not knock out the air!
  • Once combined well, fold through the 400g Toblerone Chunks and pour into the prepared tin – bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes**! Once baked, leave to cool in the tin completely.
  • If you want that epic fudgy texture, you can wait for them to cool and then 'set' them in the fridge for an hour and cut them up after!

• I use the Milk Chocolate Toblerone  but the Dark chocolate one would work too – I wouldn’t recommend use White Toblerone for the 150g part, but the 400g chunks throughout the mix would work.
  • If your brownies are still too soft at 35 minutes, cover with foil and continue to bake for longer. I poke a skewer through them and wait till its mostly clean, and the mixture doesn’t wobble in the tin.
    Set the brownies in the fridge for a fudgey texture!
  • Warm these up in the microwave and serve with some ice-cream, a delicious dessert for any occasion!
  • These will last in an airtight container for up to 1 week if they last that long!
Nutrition Facts
Fiber 3g13%
Sugar 31g34%
Protein 4g8%
Vitamin A 367IU7%
Calcium 24mg2%
Iron 2mg11%
* These are only estimates and can vary dependant on brands of ingredients and serving sizes.

Find my other Traybake & Brownie Recipes on my Recipes Page!

• Elle
    July 10, 2020 at 3:45 pm

Excited to try these…. being extra though and adding Toblerone chunks to home made ice cream 😋😋😋😋😋

• Rachel
    June 17, 2020 at 5:18 pm

Hi. Can I use milk chocolate instead of dark? Does it make a difference?

June 17, 2020 at 6:46 pm

Hiya – no, you need to use the dark chocolate for the base. Milk doesn’t work nearly as well! The brownies don’t taste ‘dark’ if that’s what you are worried about!

• […] eso, la receta de maravillosos brownies de Toblerone —acuñada y publicada en el blog Jane’s Patisserie— será la manera perfecta para interactuar con este delicioso chocolate desde una nueva […]

• Elizabeth John
      June 7, 2020 at 11:43 am

These look amazing! I don’t suppose you would try something with the white Toblerone would you? It’s my absolute favourite 😍😍

• Katie Geraghty
    May 10, 2020 at 5:59 pm

I just made these and an hour later they still hadn’t cooked fully! 🙁
    I was really careful not to over whisk and folded carefully and as little as possible. The chunks had just exploded too.
    Any idea what may have caused this?
    I love your recipes and would love to try this again!

May 10, 2020 at 6:12 pm

It could just simply be your oven! Best thing to do is set them in the fridge for a few hours, and they will be fine!!

• Amelia
    May 3, 2020 at 10:18 pm

OMG these are incredible. I had to hide them from my family (who aren’t usually too fussed by cake and bakes) so I could have some too 😂 these are the best brownies ever! Thank you!! 😍😍 xx

• Sharon Franklin
    October 20, 2019 at 6:03 pm

I made these and they were lovely, however they were cracked and flaky on top. Where am I going wrong?

• Doreen
    September 29, 2019 at 10:50 am

What do you cut your brownies with they look so neat ? I’ve made 3 of your brownie recipes they really are delish but can’t seem to get them as neatly cut as yours
    Thanks Doreen x

September 29, 2019 at 11:36 am

Hey! I use a large 26cm knife (so it’s longer than the 23cm/9″ tray width) and just cut straight down – they’re very sharp knives so it makes it much easier! x

• Ansa
    August 30, 2019 at 10:18 pm

Hi, I just wanted to ask if I can use hot chocolate powder as a replacement for cocoa powder?? Thank you btw for all your yummy recipes! Everyone LOVED your biscoff cake

August 30, 2019 at 10:24 pm

No, you must use cocoa powder! And yay!

• Andrea
    August 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

The tray is in the oven. Can’t wait to try the brownies. I hope they turn out good as I live in the land of the Toblerone 🙂

• Amy
    December 4, 2018 at 4:30 pm

Really enjoying baking a few of your recipes whilst on maternity leave waiting for baby to arrive! Any tips for breaking the Toblerone up into chunks?

December 4, 2018 at 7:09 pm

I just cut it up carefully with a knife! X

• Salma
    May 26, 2018 at 4:23 am

The cocoa powder you use, is it sweetened or unsweetened?

May 26, 2018 at 9:37 am

I use unsweetened – I tend to use 100% cocoa powder or the ‘darkest’ I can find! x

• Helen Brown
    May 13, 2018 at 4:34 pm

My son loves dime bars and I’m wondering if I could replace the toblerone in the recipe and use dime bars instead or if you have any other ideas of how to incorporate them I would be grateful.

• Dairy Free Brownies! - Jane's Patisserie
    April 5, 2018 at 8:00 am

[…] they follow the same process as all my other brownies such as my Toblerone Brownies and Terry’s Chocolate Orange Brownies, and its perfect. I love being able to make something […]

• Rita
    May 18, 2017 at 9:18 pm

Hi and thanks for your wonderful recipes. Could you please transform grams into ounces, or pounds, or cups? Thanks!!!

May 19, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Hiya – Sorry but I work in grams. You can find conversions online quite easily though!

• chris
    December 13, 2016 at 2:53 pm

hi! i loveeee your blog…thanks for sharing all these great recipes. I baked the mint oreo brownies earlier and it took almost 2 hours for it to be all ‘cookes’ inside. not sure if i did something wrong. with the whisking of eggs+sugar..should i aim for soft peak or just until they are well combined? im using kitchenaid too….how many mins roughly should i be whisking? Sorry for the longgg comment.. im desperate!

chris

December 15, 2016 at 11:51 am

Hiya! Chances are you are over mixing the brownie mixture if its taking that long to bake. You need to whip the sugar and eggs up till its very mousse like, but the VERY gently fold in the rest of the ingredients as little as possible. Also, it might be that your oven isn’t actually at the correct temperature as sometimes they are lower then you think!

• chris
      December 17, 2016 at 8:42 am

Thank you for replying! i am going to try baking the oreo brownies again soon. maybe i did over whisk the egg and sugar.

• Natalie
    August 14, 2016 at 9:20 pm

I made these this weekend.. They are so so good!! I’ve nearly eaten them all.. Not even kidding! ?

August 15, 2016 at 9:35 am

Ahh amazing! I’m so glad you liked them so much! 😀

• Jade
    August 11, 2016 at 6:02 pm

These look beyond delicious!

• Gracie | Craftily Baking
    August 4, 2016 at 4:07 pm

These sound so good! I love toblerone so much!

August 4, 2016 at 4:12 pm

Thanks, Gracie! ❤️ and Same here, sooo good!

• Lori
    August 4, 2016 at 11:56 am

These look amazing!

• Darleen Costin
    August 4, 2016 at 9:14 am

Yum!!! this looks delish.. I love Toblerone..

August 4, 2016 at 11:45 am