Seriously Chocolatey & Almondy Toblerone Cookies that will be a hit with EVERYONE.
The other week I posted a recipe request thing on my Facebook as I was lacking in a bit of inspiration, and someone mentioned branded chocolate bar themed cookies. I have ALWAYS wanted to post my Toblerone Cookie recipe but I genuinely have just neglected it and kept it to myself like a greedy person.. but now, as I have had more requests for it since then, here it is!
Like my Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cookies and my Triple Chocolate Chip Crinkle Cookies – the recipe is similar and chocolatey. I find that recipes consuming cocoa powder bake a lot better and more consistently, without having to chill the dough. Whenever I have made these cookies, the Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cookies, or even the Triple Chocolate Chip Crinkle Cookies they have never failed me.
My No-Bake Toblerone Cheesecake Is one of the most popular recipes on my blog and I’m not surprised that you are all craving another Toblerone recipe – Toblerone has always been one of my top 5 chocolates as I am addicted to it also. The sweet Honey & Almond Nougat that is incased by a delicious chocolate that is so addictive – but in Cookie form? Its DELICIOUS.
I love branded chocolate bar cookies as they’re yummy and delicious and I want to keep them all to myself – the fact that you can buy ‘Fresh’ Toblerone Cookies in supermarkets is cool and all, but having an entire batch to yourself is the best. If I only want a small batch, I follow the method all the way up to scooping the cookies into their portions then freeze them individually on a tray, then add them into a zip lock bag and bake them when I want them (extra two minutes in the oven) – hello cookie HEAVEN.
This recipe makes 12-15 Medium sized cookies
– 125g Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
– 100g Granulated Sugar
– 100g Light Brown Sugar
– 1 Large Egg, beaten
– 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
– 25g Cocoa Powder
– 175g Self-Raising Flour
– 1/2tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
– 1/2tsp Baking Powder
– 1/2tsp Salt
– 2x 100g Toblerone Bars, Chopped (200g Total)
– 50g Chopped Almonds/Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat your oven to 190C/180C Fan/375F and line two baking trays with parchment paper – leave to the side.
2) Mix together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy and thoroughly combined with a stand mixer on the paddle attachment.
3) Add the vanilla essence and the beaten egg, and mix again briefly. Add the cocoa powder, flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt and mix until a thick paste/cookie dough is formed.
4) Fold through the chopped up Toblerone Pieces and either the 50g Chopped Almonds OR extra 50g Chocolate Chips
5) Using a Cookie Scoop, spoon the mixture onto the trays and make sure they are suitable spread out so they stay separate! (I usually fit 6 on each tray to be safe) – Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
6) Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips and Ideas
I say to use Chopped Almonds OR Extra Chocolate Chips as you want 250g of filling as a whole (Like my Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cookies) – you can of course use 250g of Toblerone, but as Toblerone is made out of Nougat, which is almonds, I tend to add in some chopped almonds as I like the difference.
You can also use Dark/Milk/White Toblerone, it doesn’t really matter, its a choice of preference.
These will last in an airtight container, at room temperature for 5 days!
Find my other Cookie & Biscuit Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.