October 16, 2017
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Pumpkin spice flavoured cookies with white chocolate chips, and some M&Ms – perfect easy bake for Halloween!
Pumpkin spice cookies!
I posted my recipe for my raspberry and white chocolate cookies and I just couldn’t resist making a Halloween version for my blog. I know the recipe is oh so similar, but c’monnnn… PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES.
Other pumpkin spice recipes
After the success of my no-bake pumpkin spice cheesecake and my pumpkin spice cupcakes last year, I thought a cookie version for this year would be perfect.
Pumpkin spice for me is famous because of the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte. I will admit that I am much much more of a hot chocolate gal, but I have tried the PSLs and they aren’t half bad!
Some other places also do pumpkin spice treats, even Baileys have a pumpkin spice version, so its definitely a flavour combination that has become very popular over the past couple of years. Some places I find PS can be quite sweet, like Starbucks, and others its a lot more spicey.
Homemade pumpkin spice
My homemade pumpkin spice mix is so easy, and the recipe can be found at the bottom of this page.
Cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg I use on regular occasions, so I only needed to buy the allspice and cloves. It’s a mix that you can whisk together, and then keep for ages. Use it in my other pumpkin spice recipes, or use it for other bits as well!
These cookies are quite a delicious mix of both as you have the chewy gooey cookie, and then the white chocolate chips to add the sweetness.
You can easily not use any chocolate chips in this at all if you don’t want to have any, however I adore the combination. If you like pumpkin spice treats like me, you will love these. Enjoy! x
Pumpkin Spice Cookies!
- 300 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1-2 tsps pumpkin spice mix
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g white chocolate chips
- 100 g orange/pumpkin/Halloween M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan and line two/three large baking trays with parchment paper, leave to the side.
- Cream together the butter and both the sugars for two minutes. (I used my electric whisk, if whisking by hand, whisk for 3 minutes)
- Add in the vanilla and egg and whisk again until combined.
- Add in the plain flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cornflour and pumpkin spice and mix until combined.
- Now add the white chocolate chips and orange/pumpkin/Halloween M&Ms and beat until everything is evenly distributed and a cookie dough is formed.
- Scoop the cookie dough using a cookie scoop for even portions, then roll into balls. Bake in the oven for 10-13 minutes.
- Leave the cookies to cool on the trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely! Enjoy!
- My homemade pumpkin spice mix is found at the bottom of this page.
- I used orange M&Ms as when I baked these and photographed them, I had eaten the pumpkin ones that someone had bought for me. Occasionally M&Ms do ‘special bags’ of Halloween M&Ms so they’d also be good to use.
- These cookies can last for three days easily, but they rarely do in my house!
- You can easily bake these into cookie bars by following the same method, but baking into a 9″ square tin, and baking for 20-25 minutes at the same temperature!
And here is how to make a homemade pumpkin spice mix:
- 3 tbsps ground cinnamon
- 2 tsps ground ginger
- 2 tsps ground nutmeg
- 1.5 tsp all spice
- 1.5 tsp ground cloves
- Add the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves to a bowl and whisk until even and incorporated – store in a jar.
Find my other recipes on my Recipes Page!
You can find me on:
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
These are my most recent favorite cookies!
Next time I will add M&Ms separately after firming cookie balls or add just a few extra on top.
Yaaay im so glad! I usually just push a few extras in on top! Hope this helps! x
I made these recently and had forgotten to melt the butter and they were the best cookies! I’ve just remade them but melted the butter as per instructions and I don’t know why but they’re greasy and almost a wet consistency now they’re cooled (baked for 15 mins so over what recommended too so shouldn’t be under baked). Going to try again next week but not melt the butter again!! Xx
Hello! Dying to try these! If I wanted to make these into pumpkin spice LATTE cookies, would I just add some instant coffee? If so how much please? Thank you so much. X
Could you make these into cookie bars?
Where is the recipe for the pumpkin spice mix? Can’t seem to find it
It’s linked on the post – it’s on my PS cheesecake post!
These look amazing Jane! I’m so excited to try the recipe!