*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Pumpkin Spice flavoured Cookies with White Chocolate Chips, and some M&Ms – Perfect easy bake for Halloween!
I posted my recipe for my Raspberry and White Chocolate Cookies and I just couldn’t resist making a Halloween version for my blog. I know the recipe is oh so similar, but c’monnnn… PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES. After the success of my No-Bake Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake and my Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes last year, I thought a Cookie version for this year would be perfect.
The Pumpkin Spice mix is so very easy to make, and its made up for five different spices. Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, All Spice, and Cloves. I admit that buying five different spices, to then only use 1-2 tsps of it in one mix, does seem a little much… however, its worth it. Cinnamon, Ginger, and Nutmeg I use on regular occasions, so I only needed to buy the All Spice and Cloves. It’s a mix that you can whisk together, and then keep for ages. Use it in my other Pumpkin Spice recipes, or use it for other bits as well!
Pumpkin Spice for me is famous because of the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. I will admit that I am much much more of a Hot Chocolate gal, but I have tried the PSLs and they aren’t half bad! Some other places also do Pumpkin Spice treats, even Baileys have a Pumpkin Spice version, so its definitely a flavour combination that has become very popular over the past couple of years. Some places I find PS can be quite sweet, like Starbucks, and others its a lot more spicey.
These cookies are quite a delicious mix of both as you have the chewy gooey cookie, and then the white chocolate chips to add the sweetness. You can easily not use an chocolate chips in this at all if you don’t want to have any, however I adore the combination. If you like Pumpkin Spice treats like me, you will love these. Enjoy! x
Pumpkin Spice Cookies!
- 300 g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1-2 tsps Pumpkin Spice Mix
- 115 g Unsalted Butter/Stork
- 100 g Brown Sugar
- 100 g Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200 g White Chocolate (chips/chunks)
- 100 g Orange/Pumpkin/Halloween M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan and line two/three large baking trays with parchment paper, leave to the side.
- Whisk the Plain Flour, Bicarbonate of Soda, Salt, Cornflour and Pumpkin Spice Mix together in a bowl and leave to the side.
- Melt your butter carefully, and then add to a bowl. Add in the Sugars, and whisk the mixture together for two minutes. (I used my electric whisk, if whisking by hand, whisk for 3 minutes)
- Add in the Vanilla and Egg and whisk again till combined.
- Add in the flour mixture, Chocolate Chips and Orange/Pumpkin/Halloween M&Ms and beat till everything is evenly distributed and a cookie dough is formed.
- Scoop the cookie dough using a cookie scoop for even portions, then roll into balls. Bake in the oven for 10-13 minutes.
- Leave the cookies to cool on the trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely! Enjoy!
- I use this Pumpkin Spice Mix from my recipes.
- You don’t have to use the Pumpkin Spice Mix if you don’t want to – you can just leave it out, or even just use little less if you’re not sure.
- I used Orange M&Ms as when I baked these and photographed them, I had eaten the Pumpkin ones that someone had bought for me. Occasionally M&Ms do ‘special bags’ of Halloween M&Ms so they’d also be good to use.
- These cookies can last for three days easily, but they rarely do in my house!
- You can easily bake these into cookie bars by following the same method, but baking into a 9″ square tin, and baking for 20-25 minutes at the same temperature!
Find my other Dessert Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.