June 8, 2018
Lemon Curd Mousse!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Simple two ingredient lemon curd mousse with any decorations you fancy – whipped cream, blueberries, and more!
So the other week I made what seemed an endless amount of my homemade lemon curd, and I needed to use it up. I had already given some to my parents, and to my brother, and made several things… but as I had made SUCH a large batch, I still have plenty of curd leftover that I didn’t want to waste.
It does last a few weeks in the fridge, but I tend to need to clean my fridge out quite often otherwise I have no more room! Its so easy to make too much as the recipe is just so simple! I also use it in everything from cakes, biscuits and even trifles as its so easy to spoon it into everything – I really need to hold back a bit!
I used some of the curd in the middle of my lemon & elderflower cake, and it was SO tasty, but I wanted to make something more dessert like. I know its also getting into summer time and people stereotypically want to be baking less, unless you are hardcore, so I wanted to make something simple.
I took inspiration from my no-bake lemon cheesecakes, and decided to make something individual, and easy. Lemon mousse seemed like the easiest thing to do, but I didn’t want to start using eggs or egg whites etc, so made it extremely simple. Like basically fool proof… it has two ingredients. The homemade lemon curd, and some double cream. EASY.
I realise that some people will find this recipe too easy, but the point is that its inspiration. You can easily make it more complicated or make it have a bit more depth, but sometimes people just want something thats sweet, and easy to whip up in five minutes. There really isn’t much too it, other than whipping it up so you can’t really go wrong.
The only way I can see something going wrong is that if you whip for so long, it basically becomes lemon butter, but thats quite hard to do. You just want it to be whipped up enough to be soft peaks so it can be easily put into whatever containers you want, such as the glasses I have used in this recipe.
I did try and make mine seem more showy by adding in the whipped cream, a lemon curd drizzle, some blueberries and some sprinkles, but as they’re not ~techincally~ part of the mousse, it doesn’t count as the number of ingredients.
Honestly its something that is so adaptable you can make it how you want, but its up to you! Roll with it and enjoy a delicious sweet but tart dessert that all will love! I last made mine for a dinner party with friends and it was the perfect dessert needed after a very tasty dinner. Enjoy! x
Lemon Curd Mousse!
Lemon Curd Mousse
- 200 g lemon curd
- 600 ml double cream
- 150 ml double cream (whipped with 2 tbsp icing sugar)
- 100 g Blueberries
- 100 g Lemon curd
- Lemon zest
- In a large bowl, add your lemon curd and double cream.
- Preferably with an electric whisk, whisk the two together to soft peaks.
- Pipe/pour/spoon into your ramekins/glasses/pots and chill for at least an hour to set.
- Decorate how you please! I used 150ml double cream whipped up on top, with some fresh blueberries and some sprinkles to decorate.
- I used my delicious homemade lemon curd for this, which I would highly recommend, but you can use any supermarket one.
- I do recommend the more expensive supermarket ones however, as the cheaper ones tend to taste a little odd!
- If you want it a bit sweeter and less tart, you can add in 100g of icing sugar to the mix and whip that in.
- These will last in the fridge for 3 days once made.
- You can make these into shot glass sizes if you wish for mini desserts, and you can half the recipe if needed so you don't have too many!
Find my other recipes on my Recipes Page!
You can find me on:
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Had some left over lemon curd so made this mousse , very easy, delicious too, I popped some crushed ginger nut biscuits at the bottom, will definitely make again
So easy! I could use up my pineapple curd like this too. Thank you 💖💖
Oooh that sounds amazing!!!