*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Easy and Delicious Turkish Delight Cupcakes with a Turkish Delight flavoured sponge, and buttercream frosting!
This post is sponsored by Whittard.
It’s that time of year again… it’s cold, it’s cosy, and it’s time to bake all things delicious. This year, I have partnered with Whittard again to bring you something utterly scrumptious and delicious – Turkish Delight Cupcakes!!
I absolutely adore Whittard products as many of my readers will know – last year I used their Christmas Hot Chocolate for my Hot Chocolate Cheesecake and I still absolutely love it! The good thing is, any of their hot chocolates work well in baking, but as it’s Christmas time again, I thought we should do another festive bake!
I have had so many requests for a Turkish delight related bake for longer than I can remember, but I just wasn’t sure how to involve the flavour – the good thing about this hot chocolate is that it’s chocolatey and fully of the delicious flavour!
For the cupcakes I went for a delicious light brown soft sugar sponge, flavoured with the hot chocolate powder – I use medium eggs so did a 150g mix of butter, sugar and flour with 3 eggs. If you want to use large eggs, use 175g of the other ingredients!
Egg weights can really vary, but I use this ratio all of the time and it never fails! The best thing you can do though is to weigh the eggs in their shells, and match the other ingredients to that weight. So the eggs could be 160g – you would use 160g of flour, butter and sugar.
Then, you add in the magical and delicious ingredient of the hot chocolate powder – I use 50g in the sponge as I find it flavours it perfectly and gives the bake a wonderful chocolatey colour.
For the topping, I did an American style buttercream of unsalted butter, icing sugar and then 35g of the hot chocolate powder. It’s sweet, but perfect – look at how smooth and luscious it looks on top of the cupcakes!
For decoration, I decided to use a drizzle of chocolate because why wouldn’t we want more chocolate in this bake?! And then topped with a piece of Turkish delight for extra measure. HEAVEN.
I have used a similar recipe before with the Whittard Sticky Toffee Pudding White Hot Chocolate and it was a dream – and I love this one just as much. Such a cosy flavour – milk chocolate with a hint of rose.
Make sure you check out all of the Christmas range from Whittard – whether it’s the Turkish delight hot chocolate, a different hot chocolate such as the Christmas Hot Chocolate or the Luxury Hot Chocolate.. or one of their many delicious teas or coffees!
I hope you love this recipe – any questions leave them in the comments below! x
Turkish Delight Cupcakes!
- 150 g Unsalted Butter/Stork
- 150 g Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 150 g Self Raising Flour
- 50 g Turkish Delight Hot Chocolate
- 150 g Unsalted Butter (room temp)
- 300 g Icing Sugar
- 35 g Turkish Delight Hot Chocolate
- 50 g Melted Chocolate
- 12 pieces Turkish Delight
For the Cupcakes!
- Heat your oven to 180C/160 Fan/350F and line a cupcake/muffin tin with 12 cases or put 12 Baking Cups onto a flat tray!
- Beat the unsalted butter with the light brown soft sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, self-raising flour and Turkish Delight Hot Chocolate with the butter/sugar mix until well combined.
- Split the mixture between the cupcake cases evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes until baked through. Leave to cool fully on a cooling rack!
For the Buttercream!
- Beat the unsalted butter for a couple of minutes to really loosen it.
- Gradually add the icing sugar and Turkish Delight Hot Chocolate on a slow speed until it is combined then speed the mixer up and beat for 3-4 minutes until fluffy and smooth.
- If required, add 1-2 tbsp of boiling water or whole milk to soften!
For the Decoration!
- Using a 2D Closed Star Piping Tip, pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes (or use whatever piping tip you prefer!)
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the buttercream.
- Add a piece of Turkish Delight (and a sprinkling of icing sugar if you fancy) and enjoy!!
- This recipe is sponsored by Whittard.
- I used the Whittard Turkish Delight Hot Chocolate flavour, but any of their Hot Chocolates will work as well!
- Any hot chocolate that is designed to be used with water won't work as well, and most other hot chocolates don't work as well either and go lumpy/not have as strong a flavour.
- These cupcakes will last 3 days at room temperature!
- If you can’t access the hot chocolate, you can use normal cocoa powder and just have the Turkish Delight piece on top for decoration!
- I used a 2D Closed Star Piping Tip to decorate my cakes as they get the nice swirl! And I used some Christmas baking cups from Iced Jems!
Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!
You can find me on:
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.