*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
An easy and delicious no-bake Easter chocolate orange cheesecake with a biscuit base, chocolate orange cheesecake filling, and more!
Okay so I caved… I’ve done an easter chocolate orange cheesecake. Why? BECAUSE I LOVE IT SO MUCH. But yes, it is basically my chocolate orange cheesecake just with the easter mini eggs on top! It is amazing.
Last year I decided to make a YouTube video for this recipe as I didn’t want to post a full recipe blog post.. but so many of you have been asking for it I have done it! It is simply a slightly easter themed version of the recipe that has been on my blog for years.
For the biscuit base I stuck to using digestives. If you are in America, you would use graham crackers in place… but for digestive lovers, I am obsessed. If you find your biscuit bases are a little hard, you can reduce the butter to about 100g!
You can make the biscuit base chocolate themed by using 25g cocoa powder in the base. I prefer doing this compared to using a chocolate biscuit as I find the melted butter melted the chocolate and creates a more mushy base!
For the cheesecake filling, it stands the same that you MUST USE FULL-FAT soft cream cheese. Philadelphia for example is a much more classic cheesecake flavour, whereas if you use mascarpone it would be sweeter!
Both work just as well as each other, but they just need to be full fat. You can also use supermarket own soft cheese, but be careful of added water content as that can always cause problems! (I long for the day that I can buy block cream cheese…).
For the flavouring of the filling I used two terry’s milk chocolate orange’s because they are classic and my favourite, but the dark or white if you can find them work just as well. You can use Cadbury chocolate orange buttons, or milk chocolate with orange extract for example!
I didn’t add chopped mini eggs to the recipe like I do in my mini egg cheesecake because I found the recipe already had enough chocolate orange flavour – but you can add them if you wish! I do find the orange colour from the shells does leak badly though after some time.
For the topping I just use a sweetened whipped cream (like normal….) but that is optional as always! I just think it looks nice, and personally I like it. I then added a combination of the milk chocolate orange mini eggs, and white chocolate orange mini eggs (although they look the same.).
Add a little grated chocolate, and some crushed mini eggs in the middle and you are done!! I always get a little carried away with the decoration, but you can do whatever you want really! Just enjoy the recipe! x
Easter Chocolate Orange Cheesecake!
- 300 g Digestives
- 150 g Unsalted butter/stork (melted)
- 300 g Terry's chocolate orange
- 500 g Full fat soft cream cheese
- 300 ml Double cream
- 75 g Icing sugar
- 150 ml Double cream
- 2 tbsp Icing sugar
- 150 g Terry's chocolate orange mini eggs
- Sprinkles/Grated chocolate
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a small crumb or in a bag with the end of a rolling pin, add the melted butter, and mix until it is combined well.
- Tip into a 8″/20cm deep springform tin and press down firmly.
- Melt the chocolate orange until smooth. I do this in the microwave! Leave to cool for at least five minutes.
- Mix together the full fat soft cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth.
- Add the cooled metled chocolate and whisk again.
- Finally, add the liquid double cream and whisk the mixture until thick. Alternatively, whisk the cream until thick and fold through the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the mixture onto the biscuit base, smooth over, cover, and chill in the fridge for 5-6 hours, or preferably overnight to set.
- Whip together the double cream and icing sugar together until it is thick and you can pipe it.
- Pipe the whipped cream onto the cheesecake, and top with some whole and crushed chocolate orange mini eggs - and some grated chocolate and sprinkles.
- I recommend using a 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin in this recipe!
- You could easily half the recipe used to make a smaller cheesecake in a 6" tin!
- This recipe will last covered in the fridge for 3-4 days!
- You can use milk chocolate and add 1tsp orange extract in place of terry's chocolate orange, or use a different chocolate orange flavoured chocolate!
- The colour of the terry's mini eggs will run once the cream and in the fridge so beware!
- If you are wanting to make this but cannot find the mini eggs - just use terry's chocolate orange segments or anything else you fancy for decor.
Find my other Easter Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.