*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Giant chunky NYC style cookies stuffed with white, dark chocolate chips, and Oreo chunks! Oreo NYC Cookies are heavenly!
So let’s say hello to my eighth NYC Cookie recipe.. because I just can’t stop. It’s been nearly a year since I posted my NYC Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe onto my blog, and you guys just can’t stop baking them! I love it!
I had a craving recently where I wanted to make another biscuit themed cookie because my Biscoff stuffed NYC Cookies went down so well.. so I turned to another one of my favourite biscuits! Oreos! I just can’t resist them.
For these cookies I followed the main base of the plain/vanilla cookie dough as I have done quite a few chocolate themed ones now.. but obviously they are still completely and utterly stuffed with chocolate chips because I just can’t help it.
I did decide to jazz up the cookie dough however by using blitzed up oreos in the base cookie dough mixture – it gave the cookies a speckled/dappled colouring, but also such a nice flavour! I used my food processor to blitz the oreos up to a really fine crumb to make this work (and I kept the filling in the oreos!).
The rest of the ingredients are basically the same – unsalted butter more towards room temp or a baking spread from fridge cold. The light brown soft sugar mixed with the white granulated sugar creates the perfect balance – but you can use all of one or all of the other if you preferred.
I decided as oreos are the main feature to stick to the idea of black and white so I used dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips as the main flavours (but obviously you can use whichever ones you want!) – I just love the sweet and slightly bitter combination.
I used the classic oreos again in chunks – the oreos themselves will soften as they bake so please don’t moan that the biscuits don’t stay crunchy.. because it’s normal and unavoidable. I don’t mind it though and I LOVE these cookies!!
I do not use cornflour in these particular NYC Cookies because of the oreo crumbs – but you can easily substitute the plain flour and baking powder for self raising flour if that’s what you have in your cupboard – you still need to use the bicarbonate of soda though.
Also, as with all my NYC style cookies – you can freeze the raw dough for up to 3+ months! If you are baking from frozen for longer than over night, you may need to add 1-2 minutes baking time.. but otherwise they work the same! Raw dough lasts up to 48 hours in the fridge, any longer and I would just freeze!
I hope you guys love this new delicious version of the NYC Cookies! Enjoy!
Oreo NYC Cookies!
- 125 g Unsalted Butter/Stork
- 100 g Light Brown Sugar
- 75 g White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large/Medium Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla (optional)
- 250 g Plain Flour
- 75 g Oreos (finely crushed)
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 150 g White Chocolate Chips
- 150 g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 75 g Oreos (chopped)
- Add the unsalted butter and sugars to a bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add in the egg, and beat again. If using vanilla, add it in now!
- Add in the plain flour, finely crushed oreo crumbs (leave the creme middle in the oreo when crushing, I use a food processor to get a fine crumb) baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt and beat until a cookie dough is formed!
- Add in the chocolate chips, and chopped oreos and beat until they're distributed well!
- Weigh your cookies out into eight cookie dough balls - they're about 125-130g each!
- Once they're rolled into balls, put your cookie dough in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, or in the fridge for an hour or so!
- Whilst the cookie dough is chilling, preheat your oven to 180C Fan, or 200C regular! If your oven runs hot, go for 160C-170c.
- Take your cookies out of the freezer/fridge and put onto a lined baking tray. I put four cookies per tray!
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 12-14 minutes - Once baked, leave them to cool on the tray for at least 30 minutes, as they will continue to bake whilst cooling!
- These are best eaten on the day of baking, but can be revived by microwaving for 15-30 seconds, or putting into a hot oven for 2-3 minutes!
- You can freeze the raw cookie dough easily, and bake from frozen if you don't want to bake the entire batch!
- Once baked, these will last for 4-5+ days!
- You can use any chocolate you fancy, I just love the combination of white and dark chocolate with the oreo chunks!
- You can use chocolate bars chopped up instead of chocolate chips, just make sure the chunks aren't too big!
- I use this dark chocolate in my baking!
- I use this white chocolate in my baking!
- I use the regular oreos but you can use any!
- If you can't access one of the sugars, use all of the other one - i.e. all granulated, or all light brown sugar. Using other sugars can change the texture.
- If you want to make smaller cookies (60g) - they take about 9 minutes to bake!
Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.