December 2, 2015
Christmas White Chocolate Bark!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Delicious Christmas themed white chocolate bark full of all of your favourite sweets – perfect homemade gift idea!
Ever since I posted my Chocolate bark recipe a few months ago I have had so many lovely comments from those who have made it themselves, and especially those who had made it with their kids – it’s so cute to see everyone getting involved in baking my recipes!
I decided back in Halloween to post a recipe for Halloween bark, so it seemed silly not to do a Christmas one too! I decided to use my favourite Christmas sweets on this one – but its each to your own.
I LOVE white chocolate, and candy canes so they simply had to feature – and yes, I did end up adding some Mint Aero which I was unsure of whether they would work together. However, the flavour of white chocolate with the mint was a dreeeeam!
You can easily change the base chocolate to milk or dark if you prefer – I think the colours and the flavours are perfect for my Christmas theme! You could also try a chocolate and orange mix or even a fruit and nut combination would be yummy!
Chocolate bark is one of those little sweet treats that are super fun to make with everyone, even make with friends, or make for little homemade gifts for friends & family!
I love making these as gifts around Christmas time in particular as chocolate is usually a winner in most households, and especially in mine. Even though its very simple to make – its a nice little touch to show effort and fun!
I try to make it as personal as possible for each person who would want some – such as using their favourite sweet treats in the chocolate bark, and even using dark/milk/white chocolate as the base depending on what they prefer.
This is definitely my favourite personal flavour combination for Christmas time! I love the combination of white chocolate and peppermint for this Christmas bark – there’s something about mint that I instantly go straight to a Christmassy feeling!
As mentioned above, although I love this flavour combination for Christmas bark, I do get not everyone loves mint and chocolate together. I do have another Christmas bark on my blog – chocolate orange with the addition of some crunchy gingerbread men!
Christmas bark is popular for homemade gifting along with the likes of truffles and fudge! I have lots of recipes on my blog that will be perfect for gifts any time of the year – my personal favourite being Christmas! With this chocolate bark, gingerbread fudge, Christmas pudding cookies and Christmas pudding truffles, you will be spoilt for choice! Enjoy!
Christmas White Chocolate Bark!
- 400 g White Chocolate
- Mint Aero Bubbles
- Candy Canes
- Christmas M&Ms
- Cadburys Snow Bites
- Freeze Dried Raspberries
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Line a 9×13″ Tray with parchment paper – leave to the side.
- Prep what sweets/ Chocolates are going on your Bark – I chopped up my candy canes but left everything else as they were – be careful if using a knife to crush them though, don’t cut yourself!
- Melt the White Chocolate in a Heatproof Bowl over a pan of Simmering Water as there was quite a lot of it- you don’t want the water to touch the bowl however as it’ll ruin the chocolate!
- Pour the melted white chocolate into the tray and spread so its even – Sprinkle over your decorations and leave to set – if it's hot it might be best to do this in the fridge so it’ll actually become hard and its a lot quicker this way!
- Cut/Break into shards and enjoy!
- This lovely little treat will last for weeks if kept in the right conditions – Mine never lasts this long but I give it a 1 month date from making depending on what you use as Chocolate Use-by-dates are so long!
- You can obviously use whatever sweets & chocolates that you fancy, but these are my personal favourites and are very Christmassy!!
Find my other recipes on my Recipes Page!
You can find me on:
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Hi Jane where did you purchase the bags from to package the bark in ?
Could you freeze these?
Hi wondering if white chocolate wafers work or is it white chocolate chips only
And how many cups ?
[…] Source by janespatisserie.com […]
[…] Jane’s Patisserie – Christmas Chocolates Bark […]
[…] Back to this recipe – I have seen various bark recipes for a while now but was particularly inspired by the beautiful specimens created by Jane’s Patisserie. […]
Reblogged this on Heba vs Reason.
Okay, I commented on your last festive bark (was it Halloween?) that I really needed to get round to making some – Christmas it is! I am making three recipes with candy cane and was wondering about the third! Looks like I’ve found it – this looks wicked!
Probably Halloween yes haha and you really do!! Enjoy it! Thank you! 🙂
So beautiful Jane!
Thank you, Jodi! ☺️