Easter Rocky Road!

A delicious No-Bake Easter Rocky Road, packed full of all things sweet. Mini Eggs, Creme Eggs & more!

IMG_8345_1

Recently, I posted my normal Rocky Road recipe and my god you guys LOVE it! I just couldn’t cope with the amount of views and love the recipe received for something that is so simple, and with so many thousands of recipes for it already out there! This of course made me want to post something else that I know you guys would love… an Easter version.

If I am being honest, the recipe is very much based on my Rocky Road recipe, but I have made some delicious Easter additions in the form of Mini Eggs (Classic Easter obsession) and Creme Eggs, as my boyfriend is OBSESSED with them. I was a little dubious myself about this recipe, but I have genuinely wowed myself.

Cutting through the rocky road into the chunks shows the mini eggs & creme eggs through and through, without the creme eggs leaking everywhere (as I store it in the fridge) and having the white chocolate on top with a few crushed Mini Eggs give it a lovely little Easter twist on the classic Rocky Road.

This Easter Rocky Road is sweet, delicious, and utterly addictive. You will want to make this more than once (I can guarantee it) and everyone of all ages will love it. I had many taste testers for this recipe, and they all LOVED it. Enjoy!

This recipe makes 16 pieces of Rocky Road!

– 400g Milk/Dark Chocolate
– 125g Golden Syrup
– 125g Unsalted Butter
– 100g Mini Marshmallows
– 150g Digestives, chopped
– 4-5x 94g Bags of Mini Eggs
– 3-4x 89g Bags of Mini Creme Eggs
– 250g White Chocolate

1) Line a 8/9″ Square tin with Parchment paper and leave to the side.

2) In a Large bowl, add in the Chocolate, Golden Syrup, and Butter – melt on a low heat over a Double Boiler, or in the Microwave on short bursts until fully melted – stir till smooth! Be careful not to overheat the mixture!

3) Once its melted and combined, add in the Marshmallows, chopped biscuits, mini eggs (bar one bag) and creme eggs – fold together – pour into the tin and spread till its even.

4) Melt the white chocolate and pour over the top of the rocky road, and sprinkle over the last bag of mini eggs *I crushed them*

5) Refrigerate until set, chop up, and enjoy!

I really would recommend using just Milk or Dark Chocolate for this as it melts better than White Chocolate, and the White Chocolate might mix/split when mixing it with the Golden Syrup or Butter! I did originally intend this recipe to be entirely with white chocolate, but I much prefer it this way anyway!

I often use either Cadburys Milk Chocolate or Callebaut Milk Chocolate – I find the flavour works best and its delicious!

You can easily half the recipe for less, but these are so moreish you will want the large piece! Trust me! I store this in the fridge, and it’ll last for about a week (But it won’t as its so delicious.)

I use Mini Creme eggs so that they weren’t too big in the rocky road!

Find my other Easter & Traybake Recipes on my Recipes Page!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

• Reply Becky April 14, 2017 at 1:06 pm

I tried to make this but my chocolate, butter and syrup kept splitting I really don’t know why this has happened to me before don’t know what I’m doing wrong!!!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie April 15, 2017 at 4:56 pm

Sorry you’ve had troubles! It might be that one of the ingredients, probably the butter, got too hot. The mixture would still set if it had split a little, but I understand its annoying.

• Reply 12 Recetas de Pascua dulces, sencillas y originales April 12, 2017 at 11:02 pm

[…] de Pascua / Tarta con forma de Conejo de Pascua / Naked Cake de Pascua / Rocas de Pascua / Tarta piñata rellena de huevos de Pascua / Palomitas dulces de […]

• Reply Thermomix Easter Egg Rocky Road - ThermoFun | Thermomix Recipes April 11, 2017 at 10:51 am

[…] Inspired by: Jane’s Patisserie […]

• Reply Lauren April 3, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Do you put the mini eggs and creme eggs in the mixture whole? Or do you break them up?

• Reply Clair April 2, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Oh my. Made these this afternoon, talk about yum! Tempting other teachers at school by sending my photo of them. Guess who will be the popular girl in school tomorrow!? Had some creme eggs left so chopped them up and added to the top too.

• Reply Marilyn April 2, 2017 at 4:27 pm

Hello, I am in the USA, and don’t understand what “chopped digestives” are and the “Golden syrup” is…could you explain? Also, since we don’t use the metric system do you have a way of transferring the grams into cups or spoon sizes? If not, it’s no big deal, I probably can figure it out. Your recipe is so pretty, and looks delicious, I want to make this for my friends for Easter.
    Marilyn

• Reply Jane's Patisserie April 2, 2017 at 5:40 pm

Graham Crackers are your version of Digestives, and I would advise googling your alternative for Golden Syrup as I am unsure myself. I’m afraid I don’t work in Cup measurements either as I hate them and find them unreliable, but i’d recommending investing in a set of digital scales so you can make all recipes! x

• Reply Minal March 19, 2017 at 6:55 pm

I’m not a big fan of marshmallows. Is there something else you’d recommend to use instead?,

• Reply Jane's Patisserie March 19, 2017 at 10:37 pm

You could just use more of the other ingredients if you wish, or add in a different chocolate bar like Crunchies for example! X

• Reply Minal April 4, 2017 at 9:39 am

Thanks! You sold me on Crunchies.

• Reply Awesome Easter Bakes | The Bird & The Rose March 23, 2016 at 9:02 am

[…] Easter Rocky Roads – find the recipe over http://www.janespatisserie.com/ […]

• Reply catherine March 17, 2016 at 10:22 am

i’m saving this and sending it to my mam to make. this looks beyond immense.

• Reply Truc Vert March 11, 2016 at 4:28 pm

This is just amazing! Mini eggs are great aren’t they – the splash of colour just screams ‘easter’ 🙂

• Reply Jane's Patisserie March 11, 2016 at 6:50 pm

Thank you so much! I was worried they didn’t look Easter-y enough!