*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
A classic no-bake treat that everyone will enjoy – fill your rocky road with everything you love and ENJOY!
Now, I know for a fact you guys love a rocky road recipe, like my Kinder Bueno rocky road, Terry’s chocolate orange rocky road, Biscoff rocky road, and my Mint Aero rocky road. As you can tell, I also love myself a rocky road recipe!
However, I have had many many requests for my recipe for a ‘classic’ rocky road! I wouldn’t say that this is entirely classic as I add in cadburys Crunchie bars because they’re delicious and I am truly addicted to them.. but it has all the other bells and whistles of chocolate, syrup, butter, marshmallows and biscuits!
I know that rocky road is a classic treat in many coffee shops, in many bakeries, and in many homes.. but that hasn’t stopped SO many of you from asking for this recipe, so you can have your favourite treat at home… so TA DAAA!
For example, my friend’s mum makes an AMAZING rocky road – but I like all rocky road! A bake like this is so easily made gluten free – just use gluten-free digestives, they taste exactly like Hob-nobs so its still scrumptious for everyone to enjoy!
No bake traybakes
I obviously have an absolute addiction to no bake treats, as demonstrated by all of my cheesecakes, but traybakes and such are no different! I have many other no bake traybake recipes – such as all of my tiffin recipes, my Malteser millionaires shortbread, and all of my Rice Krispie treat recipes!
Traybakes are SO easy to make and make life so much easier if you want to make something simple, and not worry about it. The only way it can go wrong is for the chocolate to split if you heat it too much – and even that is difficult to do!
This recipe is so easy and amazingly customisable, you can include your favourite dried fruit, biscuits, chocolate bars, even mix up the chocolate! You can really have fun with this recipe and make it your own – perfect for any cravings you have and perfect for the whole family!
This as I say is my personal recipe for rocky road. Its an absolute classic, always a hit with absolutely everyone for every occasion. I even have a more festive rocky road Christmas pudding (For those of you who aren’t keen on the traditional!) I love this recipe, and I hope you all enjoy it!
- 400 g milk chocolate
- 125 g golden syrup
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 100 g mini marshmallows
- 200 g digestive biscuits (chopped)
- 200 g Cadburys Honeycomb Crunchie bar (chopped)
- Line a 9" square tin with parchment paper and leave to the side.
- In a large bowl, add in the chocolate, golden syrup, unsalted butter and melt on a low heat over a double boiler, or in the microwave on short bursts until fully melted then stir until smooth!
- Once its melted and combined, add in the mini marshmallows, chopped digestive biscuits, and chopped Crunchie bars and fold together evenly.
- Pour your mixture into the tin and spread until it’s even.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until set, chop up, and enjoy!
- I really would recommend using just milk or dark chocolate for this as it melts better than white chocolate, and the white chocolate might mix/split when mixing it with the golden syrup or butter!
- If you did want to use dark chocolate instead of milk, just straight swap the chocolate quantity wise!
- You can easily half the recipe for less, but these are so moreish you will want the large piece! Trust me!
- I used this 9″ square masterclass tin
- I used this dark chocolate
- I used this milk chocolate
- I used this baking parchment
Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.