Biscoff Rocky Road!

A Sweet, Chocolate, and Crunchy Biscoff Rocky Road with Lotus Biscuits, Mini Marshmallows, and even more Biscoff!

I obviously have a bit of an obsession with Rocky Road, this being my sixth Rocky Road Traybake related recipe, and also having two Cheesecake’s, Cake, Fudge, and Cupcakes related to the delicious treat as well. But can you blame me though? I adore Rocky Road and I always have done.

Something about the marriage of Chocolate, Marshmallows, Biscuits and any other bits I have also added in is just heaven to me. In my other Rocky Road recipes I have tended to use a combination of Chocolate, Golden Syrup and Butter to make the base chocolatey mix of the Rocky Road, apart from when I use White Chocolate.

I have found that if I use Golden Syrup when I use White Chocolate it tends to split, or just go a bit weird, and I don’t know if its me doing something wrong, but I tried it with this and it happened again, so I’m going to hope its normal!

In my Oreo Rocky Road I also used White Chocolate but as I only really used this, it is quite hard setting Rocky Road but sometimes people like that! However, as I wanted and have been asked what feels like over a thousand times to create a Biscoff Rocky Road, I knew some delicious experimenting would be involved.

I have a slight addiction to Biscoff Stuff, with already having SEVEN Biscoff related recipes on my blog, I think this is also obvious. The idea of having a Biscoff Rocky Road was just amazing.

As I have explained, Rocky Road Addiction, and Biscoff Addiction, so marrying them both together is just YES. As I mentioned about, I tried using a White Chocolate & Syrup base to this, and it didn’t work… so hows about melting Biscoff into it?! Oh yes!

Lotus Biscoff Rocky Road

This makes the Rocky Road slightly softer so that its not rock solid compared to when you just use chocolate, and it gives a sweet biscoff flavour. Using White Chocolate meant you could basically see the biscoff in the chocolate, but I’m sure it would also work with Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate.

I only ended up using Mini Marshmallows and Lotus Biscuits in this so I could make it more classic Rocky Road, but with oodles of Biscoff heaven. I used Pink & White Marshmallows as thats the packet I had, and I think it looks nice – but the Lotus biscuits (considering the Biscoff Spread is based on them) was deeeeelicious.

Seriously guys, I hope you love this one as its definitely one of my new favourites! Enjoy!

5 from 4 votes

Calories: 300 kcal
Rocky Road
  • 400 g White Chocolate
  • 50 g Unsalted Butter
  • 125 g Biscoff Spread
  • 150 g Mini Marshmallows
  • 250 g Lotus Biscoff Biscuits (chopped)
Extras
  • Biscoff Spread
  • Biscoff Biscuits
  1. Line a 8/9″ Square tin with Parchment paper and leave to the side.

2. In a Large bowl, add in the Chocolate and Butter – melt on a low heat over a Double Boiler (a larger glass bowl, over a pan of simmer water, make sure the water doesnt touch the bowl), or in the Microwave on short bursts until fully melted – stir till smooth!

3. In a separate bowl, melt the Biscoff Spread in the microwave for 30 seconds or so or until runny, beat into the melted white chocolate mix.

4. Once its melted and combined, add in the Marshmallows and chopped Biscoff Biscuits and fold together – pour into the tin and spread till its even.

5. If you want the extra biscoff kick, melt some extra Biscoff Spread and drizzle over the top of the Rocky Road and sprinkle with some more Biscoff Biscuits, and refrigerate until set!

Recipe Notes
  • You can make this all in one bowl (aka the White Chocolate, Biscoff Spread, and Butter) and melt it together, but if it gets too hot its more prone to splitting or seizing, so I prefer to beat the Melted Chocolate & Butter with the melted Biscoff as this prevents it from happening!
  • You can easily half the recipe for less, and set it in a smaller tin, or multiply it up if you want even more!
  • You can buy the Biscoff Spread in any supermarket now, its found by the Nutella’s and such.. and the Lotus Biscuits are found in the biscuit isle!
  • These will last for a week in the fridge!
Nutrition Facts
Sugar 28g31%
Protein 3g6%
Vitamin A 86IU2%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
Calcium 54mg5%
Iron 1mg6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These are only estimates.

Find my other Traybake & Rocky Road Recipes on my Recipes Page!

• Marie
    March 7, 2020 at 6:02 pm

These taste amazing! I’ll be baking them again!

• Hannah
    January 30, 2020 at 8:56 pm

So easy to make and really delicious. Super sweet so one is enough which means I don’t end up trying to eat all of them at once!

• Shauna
    November 22, 2019 at 2:38 pm

This has seized both times I’ve made it, melting butter and chocolate together in microwave for no longer than 39 seconds and stirring in between. What’s going on?

November 22, 2019 at 2:52 pm

It might be that it’s just getting too hot or your microwave has a particular hot spot – reduce to 10 second bursts, or reduce the power level! Or, melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler!

• Zena
    October 28, 2019 at 4:44 pm

This is honestly the most ammaazzing cake i have ever ever had… like divine. My friend made it and i wish i hadnt been introduced to it because i am just dying to make some myself and show it off (and eat some more of the gorgeous stuff!!)
    Thanks so much for the recipe… such an amazing invention!!

• Olivia Reid
      November 26, 2019 at 9:53 pm

How long does this take to set in the fridge?

November 27, 2019 at 8:16 am

Probably 2hours+

• Rachel
    October 13, 2019 at 9:20 pm

My friend’s husband made this for us as a tea break treat, OMG, it’s amazing. They shared your recipe for us to try, and it’s so easy to make. I made this last night and chopped it into bite sized pieces for tea and biscuits after our church service today, and the feedback I received was amazing. Great recipe, would happily share this friends.

• Steph
    August 27, 2019 at 11:03 am

What am I doing wrong!! It’s like I have too many marshmallows and biscuits and not enough mixture to cover them all. I’ve tried it twice and both times the same thing has happened 😩

August 27, 2019 at 3:16 pm

I very much doubt that as what’s in the recipe is what I use! It does settle eventually and will coat everything but maybe you aren’t mixing it correctly?!

• Emily Gray
      November 13, 2019 at 9:04 pm

I thought exactly the same when I first made these, but i promise it works. Mix really well, then shove into your tin so it’s as even as possible & let it set! It is a bit bumpy but Rocky road isn’t meant to be perfect looking. Try it again ☺ i promise it works xx

• Kim
    August 13, 2019 at 9:44 am

Hi, do you think this would freeze ok ?

• Ruth
    July 15, 2019 at 3:29 pm

This is a very quick and amazing recipe. My family always love when I make this traybake. I made it for my entry to our area Summer Show traybake competition and it won 1st prize. I’ve had to send several people links to your blog here. Thanks for sharing your amazing recipes.

• Brigitte Mann
    March 7, 2019 at 4:37 pm

Great site. I want to make a vegan version of this for a party. Have you ever trued using Pure spread instead of butter? best wishes Brigitte

March 7, 2019 at 8:51 pm

I haven’t yet I’m afraid – and I’m unsure as to what ingredients are in vegan white chocolate so it might be quite different x

• […] after our visit). On the topic of cake, I discovered a new-found favourite recipe last month for Biscoff Rocky Road. Anyone that knows me will know I absolutely love Lotus Biscoff, so these were my idea of heaven; I […]

• VB
    February 16, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Do I use smooth spread or the one with crunch?

• Ron
    December 5, 2018 at 5:05 pm

Insane stuff… would certainly recommend!
    Try using 360g white chocolate and 40g plain chocolate… you can really taste it but it gives it slightly less of a sickly taste and a darker colour. I think I might just prefer it.
    (I only found out because I only had 360g white chocolate and made it up with plain. But it worked very well!)

• 20 Amazingly Easy Rocky Road Recipes
    November 24, 2018 at 9:34 pm

[…] 2. Biscoff Rocky Road […]

• Evie
    June 26, 2018 at 6:05 pm

This is totally moreish, delicious and easy.

• Nutella Rocky Road! - Jane's Patisserie
    March 31, 2018 at 5:58 pm

[…] I went for a Milk Chocolate base, with Nutella and a smidge of butter, just like I do in my Biscoff Rocky Road (but with biscoff of course!). It makes it not completely rock solid like my Kinder Bueno one, but […]

• Lynne Wade
    March 29, 2018 at 9:57 pm

Hi. I don’t have unsalted butter…will Flora buttery work do suppose? Thanks x

March 29, 2018 at 10:05 pm

I’ve never tried it but it might split – its worth a shot, but because of the other ingredients in comparison to just butter you have to be careful x

• Lynne Wade
      April 9, 2018 at 1:08 pm

Hi! I waited until I had unsalted butter! Oh my! These are lush! I used an 8×10 tin as it’s what I had, and managed to cut them into nice size pieces…around 25!! They were just right!

April 9, 2018 at 8:25 pm

Yaayyy!!

November 30, 2017 at 8:31 pm

What butter are you using? An actual butter? or a baking spread?

• Becca Moass
    April 28, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Just discovered your page/YouTube channel – your recipes look great!
    This rocky road is a delightful treat for the bank holiday and it worked really well – thank you!!
    Becca x

April 28, 2017 at 5:12 pm

Hiya! Oh thats amazing, thank you Becca! I am so glad you liked it! x

• Sarah
    February 28, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Hello from Edinburgh, Scotland!
    Thank you so much for this recipe! I made it last weekend and am going to make it again for this weekend!! I used a mix of white chocolate and light condensed milk in the mixture and also added in goji berries for a red Chewy kick! On top I melted biscoff spread and then on top of that dark chocolate to make it a little less sweet! Brilliant idea thank you!

• […] Jane’s Patisserie / Via janespatisserie.com […]

• […] Jane’s Patisserie / Via janespatisserie.com […]

• […] Jane’s Patisserie / Via janespatisserie.com […]

• […] Jane’s Patisserie / Via janespatisserie.com […]

• Bronte
    October 31, 2016 at 1:31 pm

These are more than insane!!! have made it loads now.. absolutely love your website… best one yet…:)

October 31, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Awh yay!! I’m so glad you like the recipe so much’

• Leora
    September 6, 2016 at 11:12 am

Hi! I’m just wondering for the biscoff spread, did you use the bread spread or the crunchy cream spread? 🙂

September 6, 2016 at 11:26 am

Umm I just used Biscoff spread.. It’s found near the nutellas and such in my local supermarkets ?

• Leora
      September 6, 2016 at 11:27 am

Hi yes I understand, I was just curious if you used the crunchy version to give that slight crunchiness when eating ’em! Hello from Singapore by the way! Thank you so much for responding!

September 6, 2016 at 6:33 pm

Ohh okay – you can use the smooth biscoff spread or the crunchy one! They’re the same spread here, just one has the bits in! And hello!!!

• Gracie | Craftily Baking
    August 12, 2016 at 4:37 pm

This looks great!

• Sophie
    August 11, 2016 at 8:55 pm

I’m thinking of making this on Saturday but just wondered how long it usually takes to set?

August 12, 2016 at 9:23 am

It can take an hour, or it can take a few hours.. or a few more for it to set properly. It depends on how cold your fridge is really!