*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
A Delicious and Chocolatey No-Bake Rocky Road Cheesecake with all the Rocky Road goodness inside and out!
Hello heaven – Rocky Road AND a no-bake chocolate cheesecake?! Literally just like wow. I have obviously done many a cheesecake recipe by now, but after SO many requests, like so so so so SO many requests, I finally did my No-Bake Rocky Road Cheesecake.
For those of you who have never had the delight of tasting a Rocky Road it is basically a mash up of chocolate and marshmallows, with the addition of anything you like such as biscuit bits, raisins, cherries, other chocolates, and more! It is utterly delightful and heavenly.
It is of course, pretty easy to make as you just melt the chocolate and mix the ingredients in and set it, so I thought I would ramp up the idea and make yet another cheesecake version of it!
I based the idea of what I included in the ‘Rocky Road’ side of things on my Rocky Road recipe which has always been a massive success. It also takes inspiration from my No-Bake S’mores Cheesecake which is very similar in the sense of chocolate & marshmallows & biscuit. Yum!
This cheesecake is super delicious with a simple chocolate cheesecake, with mini marshmallows and glacé cherries running through it on top of a simply delicious buttery biscuit base! SO simple!
As Rocky Roads can vary so much, I went simple, because it’s easy for you guys to still adapt it. The biscuit part of the Rocky Road comes from the base, and then the Chocolate, Cherries and Marshmallows are in the filling!
This recipe has been updated in September 2019 – The only thing that has changed is that I took the Crunchie out (As it was too similar to my Crunchie Cheesecake) and then added in the Glace Cherries to the mix!
I also took the decoration up a notch, and added some whipped cream swirls, but these are optional as always! Enjoy this wonderful recipe! x
Rocky Road Cheesecake!
- 300 g Digestives
- 150 g Unsalted Butter/Stork (melted)
- 250 g Milk Chocolate
- 500 g Full-Fat Cream Cheese (room temp)
- 75 g Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 75 g Mini Marshmallows
- 200 g Glacé Cherries (halved)
- 150 ml Double Cream
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 50 g Milk Chocolate (melted)
- Glacé Cherries
- Crushed Biscuits
- Mini Marshmallows
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a small crumb, add the melted butter, and pulse a few times until it is combined well.
- Tip into a 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin and press down firmly!
- Melt the Chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring gently or microwave in short bursts until fully melted – leave to cool slightly whilst doing the rest.
- With an electric mixer (I used my KitchenAid) Whisk the Cream Cheese, Icing sugar and Vanilla until combined.
- Add in the melted Chocolate, and whisk till smooth.
- Pour in the double cream and whip again until it is starting to thicken a lot like a Mousse does! (I use speed 5-6/10 on my KitchenAid)
- Alternatively, you can whip the cream separately and fold everything together.
- Add in the Mini Marshmallows, and Glacé Cherries, and fold together.
- Pour the Cheesecake Filling onto the Biscuit Base. Set the Cheesecake in the fridge for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight!
- Whip together the Double Cream and Icing Sugar until pipeable.
- Drizzle your melted Milk Chocolate over the cheesecake.
- Pipe on the Whipped Cream, and decorate with the Glacé Cherries, Crushed Biscuits and Mini Marshmallows!
- I recommend using a 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin in this recipe!
- I use Full-Fat Cream cheese because that is how it sets and holds itself – if you use lower fat or fat free stuff it won’t work, and it’ll probably curdle. I also set my cheesecakes in the fridge overnight as it makes it so much easier, and it is much more likely to have finished setting!
- All of my no-bake cheesecakes can be frozen, but only once they have been set overnight in the fridge – skipping the setting stage will mean it’ll probably go runny or go weird!
- The Marshmallows and Glacé Cherries are optional inside the cheesecake, but it makes it as Rocky Road-like as possible!
- This will last for three days in the fridge!
Find my other Cheesecake & Rocky Road related Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.