A Delicious and Chocolatey No-Bake Rocky Road Cheesecake with all the Rocky Road goodness inside and out! Perfect non-bake dessert for all Rocky Road fans!
Hello heaven – Rocky Road AND a no-bake chocolate cheesecake?! Literally just like wow. I have obviously done many a cheesecake recipe by now, but after SO many requests, like so so so so SO many requests, I finally did my No-Bake Rocky Road Cheesecake. I have a baked version on my blog, but y’all love the no-bake cheesecakes, so I decided to oblige as I was craving something yummy.
For those of you who have never had the delight of tasting a Rocky Road it is basically a mash up of chocolate and marshmallows, with the addition of anything you like such as biscuit bits, raisins, cherries, other chocolates, and more! It is utterly delightful and heavenly. It is of course, pretty easy to make as you just melt the chocolate and mix the ingredients in and set it, so I thought I would ramp up the idea and make yet another cheesecake version of it!
I based the idea of what I included in the ‘Rocky Road’ side of things on my Rocky Road recipe which has always been a massive success. It also takes inspiration from my No-Bake S’mores Cheesecake which is very similar in the sense of chocolate & marshmallows & biscuit. Yum!
This cheesecake is super delicious with a simple chocolate cheesecake, with mini marshmallows running through it on top of a simply delicious buttery biscuit base! However, as in my Rocky Road recipe, I also added in some Crunchies to the cheesecake as they are a very important part of my rocky road, I simply HAD to involve it in this to! I decorated it with a drizzle of melted chocolate and some biscuit bits to give it the added crunch!
This recipe serves 10-12 people!
– 300g Digestives/plain biscuits
– 150g Butter, melted
– 400g Cream Cheese – I used Full-Fat Mascarpone
– 100g Icing Sugar
– 300ml Double Cream
– 250g Milk Chocolate, chopped
– 75g Mini Marshmallows
– 100g Crunchies, chopped
– 50g Extra Marshmallows
– Glacé Cherries
– 75g Melted Chocolate
– Crushed Biscuits
1) To make the Cheesecake Base – melt the butter in the microwave on short bursts on in a small pan over a medium heat – Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a small crumb, add the melted butter, and pulse a few times until it is combined well. Tip into a 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin and press down firmly – chill in the refrigerator whilst you do the rest!
2) To make the Cheesecake Filling – Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring gently or microwave in short bursts until fully melted – leave to cool slightly whilst doing the rest.
3) With an electric mixer (I used my KitchenAid) Whisk the Cream Cheese and Icing sugar until combined – pour in the liquid double cream and continue to Whip the Cream Cheese/Cream Mixture until it is starting to thicken a lot like a Mousse does (I use speed 5-6/10 on my KitchenAid)
4) Whilst mixing, pour in the melted chocolate and Whip again until thick – It will hold it self completely when finished whipping – It won’t take too long as the chocolate will harden quickly and cause it to thicken.
5) Chop up the Crunchies and fold through the mixture with the 75g of mini marshmallows – Pour the mix on to the biscuit base and smooth over. Push the glacé cherries and extra mini marshmallows for decoration into the top of the cheesecake so that they set into the cheesecake. Cover the cheesecake, and chill in the fridge for at least 5-6 hours hours or preferably overnight.
6) To decorate the Cheesecake – Remove the cheesecake from the tin carefully – I use a large thin metal spatula to get it off the base, and smooth the edges with a knife, and decorate with some melted chocolate and then some crushed biscuits! Hello No-Bake Rocky Road Cheesecake.
If it looks like your cheesecake isn’t setting, or its a but sloppy, or you’re even not sure.. try it anyway. Try to set the mix anyway! If it still doesn’t set, freeze it and have an Ice Cream Cheesecake!
Tips and Ideas
I recommend using a 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin in this recipe!
As I said earlier, this is my version of a No-Bake Rocky Road Cheesecake – It’s a basic non baked Chocolate Cheesecake with rocky road goodness added in and all over the top.
I use Full-Fat Cream cheese because that is how it sets and holds itself – if you use lower fat or fat free stuff it won’t work, and it’ll probably curdle. I also set my cheesecakes in the fridge overnight as it makes it so much easier, and it is much more likely to have finished setting!
All of my no-bake cheesecakes can be frozen, but only once they have been set overnight in the fridge – skipping the setting stage will mean it’ll probably go runny or go weird!
Find my other Cheesecake & Rocky Road related Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.