Mint Aero Rocky Road!

Quick, Easy, and Delicious Mint Aero Rocky Road. Chocolate Traybake Filling with Biscuits , Mini Marshmallows and Oodles of Mint Aero Goodness!

I utterly adore Mint Aero Bubbles. Like, if someone gave me the bag, I would happily finish it within minutes (and thats being slow). My No-Bake Mint Aero Cheesecake recipe that I posted recently made me realise that you all utterly adore the delicious treat too! Therefore, another Mint Aero related recipe simply HAD to happen. Hello, Mint Aero Slice.

I wasn’t entirely sure what to name this as I use the same chocolate mix as my Rocky Road recipes with the Chocolate, Butter, and Syrup and this is purely because I much prefer the taste of it compared to using just melted chocolate.

I find it easier to eat as its not as solid, and it just tastes so delicious. As I already have my recipe for my Mint Slice on here, which is a mix of a Biscuit Base, a Peppermint Creme, and Chocolate.. I couldn’t call it that.

I’ve finally remade this recipe after nearly two years of forgetting to have put marshmallows in the first time, so thats all that is different in this updated version! Honestly this recipe is such a crowd pleaser whether it has marshmallows in or not, so its down to you if you include them! Luckily, its easily adaptable.

I decided to make this treat on the Hottest Day of the Year so far which might have been a mistake, but it was so quick and easy to make it didn’t really matter. My Chocolate mix was just quite soupy is all!

It still set perfectly fine after being in the fridge over night and it still tasted perfect. I do recommend (as noted in the method) to leave the chocolate mixture to cool slightly, especially if you have melted it over a Double Boiler which I prefer using anyway.

This is to prevent the Mint Aero Bubbles from completely melting into the mix, as I like seeing them and having the chunks of them throughout! I did add in some digestives to this treat as well, as I like having the crunch and something slightly less sweet, but you can easily use any biscuit you please!

If you don’t like Mint, you can 100% use the normal Aero Bubbles, or swap it to a chocolate treat of your choice. However, I couldn’t love Mint Aero anymore than I already do, so this is already one of my favourite recipes.

I decided to drizzle mine in a mint colouring white chocolate drizzle as I wanted it to actually look minty, and this allowed me to stick extra Aero bits to the top! I honestly utterly adore this simple yet delicious No-Bake Treat, and I know you all will too! Enjoy!

Mint Aero Rocky Road!

• 150 g Digestives
  • 150 g Mini Marshmallows
  • 300 g Mint Aero
  • 75 g White Chocolate
  • Green Food Colouring
  • Extra Mint Aero

• Line a 9×9″ Square tin with Parchment paper and leave to the side.
  • In a Large bowl, add in the Chocolate, Golden Syrup, and Butter – melt on a low heat over a Double Boiler, or in the Microwave on low, in short bursts until fully melted – stir till smooth!
  • Alternatively, add the syrup and butter to a pan and melt. Add in the chocolate (off heat) and stir till combined and the chocolate is melted.
  • Once its melted and combined wait 5 minutes for the chocolate mix to cool a little. Add in the chopped biscuits, mini marshmallows, and Aero Bubbles and quickly fold together – pour into the tin and spread so its even and refrigerate until set.
  • Melt the White Chocolate on short bursts in a microwave, or over a double boiler until melted.
  • Add in a bit of green food colouring to get a ‘minty’ colour and drizzle it all over the traybake. Supermarket colouring doesn't work - I recommend a good quality colouring such as progel, or sugarflair!
  • Sprinkle on the crushed Mint Aero pieces so they stick and refrigerate again till set.
  • Chop up the pieces into either 4×4 for 16 larger pieces, or 5×5 for 25 smaller pieces. Enjoy!

• I really would recommend using just Milk or Dark Chocolate for the base of this recipe as it melts better than White Chocolate. The White Chocolate might mix/split when mixing it with the Golden Syrup or Butter, which I have had happen to me several times!
  • I often use either Cadburys Milk Chocolate or Callebaut Milk Chocolate – Even supermarket own chocolate works well!
  • If your mixture splits, it's probably over heated or been over mixed - take it off the heat, and whisk in some whole milk to bring it back!
  • You can easily half the recipe for less, but these are so moreish you will want the large piece! Trust me!
  • This recipe will last in the fridge for up to two weeks, IF it happens to last that long!
Nutrition Facts
Fiber 1g4%
Sugar 30g33%
Protein 2g4%
Vitamin A 195IU4%
Calcium 19mg2%
Iron 1.1mg6%
* These are only estimates and can vary dependant on brands of ingredients and serving sizes.

Find my other Traybake Recipes on my Recipes Page!

SaveSave

• Roseanne
    June 6, 2020 at 8:25 pm

I can’t find green food colouring anywhere can I add green icing to the white chocolate instead??? Thank you ☺️

June 6, 2020 at 8:27 pm

Hey! No I don’t think that would work very well – it’s best to just leave it off or keep it white! And as a side note buying food colouring online is better as shop bought stuff sucks! X

• Charlotte
    June 2, 2020 at 8:07 pm

It would of been a goof recipe but like others I added good colouring to white chocolate just clumps together so kind of spoilt it.

June 3, 2020 at 10:47 am

Unfortunately that can happen with poor quality colours (supermarket ones) – I have linked on the post to the one I recommend!

• Bryony
    May 21, 2020 at 9:47 pm

I tried this recipe for the first time this evening. Had exactly the same thing happen despite using supermarket own brand chocolate and 100g dark chocolate as I’d read in the comments. I stirred it so quickly and for so long I thought there must be something possible to do to sort it out, I just added about 2-3tbsp boiling water and mixed with a wooden spoon quite literally as quickly and powerfully as possible and managed to resurrect it to get a nice shiny smooth chocolately mix! Give it a go next time it definitely worked for me. Apart from that little mishap which I’m chuffed I didn’t have to waste all that chocolate and golden syrup, this might well be my new favourite recipe. Best of luck x

• Zoe
    May 3, 2020 at 7:28 pm

This was LOVELY! A very easy recipe to follow, I will be making this again.

May 3, 2020 at 7:29 pm

Thank you so much!! This is one of my favourites!!

• 20 Amazingly Easy Rocky Road Recipes
    November 27, 2018 at 4:54 pm

[…] 6. Mint Aero Rocky Road […]

• Ruth Pearson
    September 5, 2018 at 2:03 pm

Made this delicious recipe so many times as it’s always requested now when I visit friends. It’s easy to follow and works perfect every time. Thank you Jane for sharing this amazing recipe. x

• Kirsty
    August 5, 2018 at 5:35 pm

Hi jane! I love this recipe, I’ve made it twice. The first time everything went perfectly but the second time when I added the food colouring to the white chocolate the white chocolate clumped together making it impossible to drizzle. I used the same food colouring but different chocolate, could that have been the problem or was it something to do with the heat? Also what chocolate did you use? Thanks xx

August 5, 2018 at 8:05 pm

What food colouring did you use? And what chocolate? Off the top of my head I can’t remember, but I believe it was probably Tesco supermarket own, but the food colouring was very strong so I needed little. However, if you really have to mix the colouring in, that can also cause a problem x

• Julia Barrett
    July 29, 2018 at 4:11 pm

Made this twice this , once at Waitrose where I work ,and then again at home . Went down a treat in the dining room at work. And at home. Love all your recipes x

July 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm

I used to work at a Waitrose till recently, so cool! And I’m so glad!! x

• Julia Barrett
      July 29, 2018 at 7:42 pm

All your recipes are fab! Look forward to all your posts when you bake something new xx

• […] Link for recipe – https://www.janespatisserie.com/2016/07/25/mint-aero-rocky-road/ recipe link […]

• […] made this obvious with posting several Rocky Road recipes on here such as my Rolo Rocky Road, and Mint Aero Rocky Road and several others. Honestly, how can you not like Rocky Road? I simple LOVE it. Chocolate, […]

• Julia
    February 5, 2018 at 8:09 am

Ooo yum I used to love aero bars as a kid, this looks so tasty as well!

• Catherine Hurley
    January 5, 2018 at 6:30 pm

What do u mean by a double boiler? Thanku

January 6, 2018 at 8:13 pm

Its a heatproof bowl, above a pan of boiling water. Its worth a google.

• Wendy
    December 14, 2017 at 10:33 am

I love this recipe, tastes so yummy. Are you able to freeze it?

• Wendy
    December 14, 2017 at 10:19 am

This is so nice, thank you. Just wondering though – can you freeze it?

• Mandi
    November 9, 2017 at 7:38 am

Hiya!

I only ever user the supermarkets own brand chocolate, I think you’ve just had bad luck. I’d have walked it all in together anyway! Tesco, Lidl, Asda chocolate all always work for me. x

• Alyssa
    October 14, 2017 at 3:07 am

What are digestives? When I hear digestives I think Tums or Enzymes. I am confused here. Thanks for your help.

• Christmas Peppermint Recipes
    September 19, 2017 at 1:09 pm

[…] even some unbelievably scrummy, peppermint rocky road […]

• July Favourites
    August 1, 2017 at 5:24 pm

[…] Jane’s Patisserie Mint Aero Rocky Road  […]

• Miriam
    July 20, 2017 at 4:59 pm

Wow, just made this and it’s the BEST THING EVER!!! Can’t wait to try out more recipes from your site, thanks so much!

• Jo
    July 19, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Absolutely delicious! I have… ahem… made it twice in the last week – to share, I should clarify, though I could happily have scoffed the whole lot myself!

• Sharon Graham
    April 1, 2017 at 7:17 pm

This was absolutely scrumptious! Thank you! Couldnt wait for it to set completely to sample!

• Happy (Nearly) Easter! – Roxanne Starr
    March 21, 2017 at 2:56 pm

[…] available too you know! I came across this recipe for mint aero rocky road on the blog of Jane’s Patisserie –  she’s got such a wonderful blog so I encourage everyone to go check it out! […]

• Mandi
    March 11, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Great idea….Photos look fab, followed the recipe but sadly the aero completely melted. Chocolate mixture was very runny and I put in less chocolate than recipe stated, so I added extra biscuits to soak up some of the runny-ness. Also cut up extra aero and pushed it into the top after I had put it into the tin. Lets hope it tastes ok when set! Thanks for the idea

March 11, 2017 at 1:54 pm

Hiya – your chocolate mixture was far too hot then still if it melted the aero. You need to fold it through in as small amounts as possible to prevent melting entirely. If they did melt, that would be why the mixture was so runny. I’m sure it’ll still taste lovely!

• Sam
    August 11, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Hi, I’m currently in the process of making this now! How long does it normally take for the base to set?

August 11, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Can take a few hours to set fully in the fridge!

• InsanitySandwich.com | Weekly Miscellany