Mint Aero Rocky Road!

Quick, Easy, and Delicious Mint Aero Rocky Road. Chocolate Traybake Filling with Biscuits , Mini Marshmallows and Oodles of Mint Aero Goodness!

I utterly adore Mint Aero Bubbles. Like, if someone gave me the bag, I would happily finish it within minutes (and thats being slow). My No-Bake Mint Aero Cheesecake recipe that I posted recently made me realise that you all utterly adore the delicious treat too! Therefore, another Mint Aero related recipe simply HAD to happen. Hello, Mint Aero Slice.

I wasn’t entirely sure what to name this as I use the same chocolate mix as my Rocky Road recipes with the Chocolate, Butter, and Syrup and this is purely because I much prefer the taste of it compared to using just melted chocolate. I find it easier to eat as its not as solid, and it just tastes so delicious. As I already have my recipe for my Mint Slice on here, which is a mix of a Biscuit Base, a Peppermint Creme, and Chocolate.. I couldn’t call it that.

I’ve finally remade this recipe after nearly two years of forgetting to have put marshmallows in the first time, so thats all that is different in this updated version! Honestly this recipe is such a crowd pleaser whether it has marshmallows in or not, so its down to you if you include them! Luckily, its easily adaptable.

I decided to make this treat on the Hottest Day of the Year so far which might have been a mistake, but it was so quick and easy to make it didn’t really matter. My Chocolate mix was just quite soupy is all! It still set perfectly fine after being in the fridge over night and it still tasted perfect. I do recommend (as noted in the method) to leave the chocolate mixture to cool slightly, especially if you have melted it over a Double Boiler which I prefer using anyway.

This is to prevent the Mint Aero Bubbles from completely melting into the mix, as I like seeing them and having the chunks of them throughout! I did add in some digestives to this treat as well, as I like having the crunch and something slightly less sweet, but you can easily use any biscuit you please!

If you don’t like Mint, you can 100% use the normal Aero Bubbles, or swap it to a chocolate treat of your choice. However, I couldn’t love Mint Aero anymore than I already do, so this is already one of my favourite recipes. I decided to drizzle mine in a mint colouring white chocolate drizzle as I wanted it to actually look minty, and this allowed me to stick extra Aero bits to the top! I honestly utterly adore this simple yet delicious No-Bake Treat, and I know you all will too! Enjoy!

4.5 from 4 votes

• 150 g Digestives
  • 150 g Mini Marshmallows
  • 300 g Mint Aero
  • 75 g White Chocolate
  • Green Food Colouring
  • Extra Mint Aero
  1. Line a 9×9″ Square tin with Parchment paper and leave to the side.

2. In a Large bowl, add in the Chocolate, Golden Syrup, and Butter – melt on a low heat over a Double Boiler, or in the Microwave on low, in short bursts until fully melted – stir till smooth!

3. Alternatively, add the syrup and butter to a pan and melt. Add in the chocolate (off heat) and stir till combined and the chocolate is melted.

4. Once its melted and combined wait 3-5 minutes for the chocolate mix to cool a little. Add in the chopped biscuits, mini marshmallows, and Aero Bubbles and quickly fold together – pour into the tin and spread so its even and refrigerate until set.

5. Melt the White Chocolate on short bursts in a microwave, or over a double boiler until melted. Add in a bit of green food colouring to get a ‘minty’ colour and drizzle it all over the traybake. Sprinkle on the crushed Mint Aero pieces so they stick and refrigerate again till set.

6. Chop up the pieces into either 4×4 for 16 larger pieces, or 5×5 for 25 smaller pieces. Enjoy!

Recipe Notes
  • I really would recommend using just Milk or Dark Chocolate for the base of this recipe as it melts better than White Chocolate. The White Chocolate might mix/split when mixing it with the Golden Syrup or Butter, which I have had happen to me several times!
  • I often use either Cadburys Milk Chocolate or Callebaut Milk Chocolate – I find the flavour works best and its delicious! Even supermarket own chocolate works well!
  • You can easily half the recipe for less, but these are so moreish you will want the large piece! Trust me!
  • This recipe will last in the fridge for up to two weeks, IF it happens to last that long!
Nutrition Facts
Fiber 1g4%
Sugar 30g33%
Protein 2g4%
Vitamin A 195IU4%
Calcium 19mg2%
Iron 1.1mg6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These are only estimates.

Find my other Traybake Recipes on my Recipes Page!

SaveSave

• Kay Burns
    February 18, 2020 at 11:03 pm

I have tried making this tonight and also made the xmas rocky road twice and every single time my chocolate ends up a glupy thick mass. I’ve tried using double boiler and in the microwave. Tonight I melted choc first then the butter with the golden syrup and only combined them when they had cooled a little and every time I have the same problem- aarrgghh! I made the Biscoff rocky rd and it was divine and turned out perfectly as it doesn’t use the syrup, therefore I’m not gonna bother with the syrup in future. I have tried Cadburys and supermarket own brand and still end up with a thick mass. It still tastes good just doesn’t look that appetising 🙈Tried out a few of your recipes and they are a huge hit with my tasters thanks 👍 x

February 19, 2020 at 8:50 pm

It could be a number of things… but I never have an issue with the recipes which is why I use it on a lot of them. The only reason (trust me, only!) reason the biscoff one doesn’t, is because it’s white chocolate and the biscoff softens it nicely, and there is no need for it in that recipe.
      I personally wouldn’t use Cadbury’s for this sort of bake, I just use supermarket own. You don’t need to double boiler it though.. if you wanted to try a pan, simply add the syrup and butter to the pan, heat that till the butter is melted, and then add in the chocolate chopped finely off the heat. Works a treat, and is much nicer than milk/dark chocolate on it’s own.

• Sharon Graham
      February 20, 2020 at 6:55 am

Hi Kay,
      I know exactly what you mean. I had this problem the first few times I tried it. I now use supermarket chocolate and I find if I use about 50-100g dark chocolate and make up the rest to 400g with the milk chocolate it “absorbs” the butter/golden syrup better . And the mixture is still just about runny enough to get the biscuits etc in. I hope this helps.
      Regards
      Fellow baker

• 20 Amazingly Easy Rocky Road Recipes
    November 27, 2018 at 4:54 pm

[…] 6. Mint Aero Rocky Road […]

• Lesley
    November 25, 2018 at 11:10 am

Hi !
    Thanks so much for your amazing recipes on this site !

I’ve just made the mint Aero rocky road & despite a ‘blip’ with the green food colouring making the melted white chocolate go quite stiff, we loved the finished result !!!

I’ve also previously made your Rolo rocky road, which is my favourite !

Looking forward to trying lots more of your recipes in the coming weeks / months 🙂 – I’m thinking of making a cheesecake for Christmas, but not sure which one, as they all sound amazing !

Keep up the amazing work !!
    Regards,
    Lesley

• Garfield
    September 14, 2018 at 7:16 pm

I absolutely love your recipes and I know it must be something that I am doing wrong but I Have tried this recipe 5 times now without success just can’t get the chocolate to blend in with syrup and butter without spliting, I’ve tried different chocolates, melting in microwave, in a Bain Marie, have tried melting separately and then adding together when cooled down slightly but nothing works don’t know what I am doing wrong.

September 20, 2018 at 9:15 pm

Oh no! I am so sorry you’re having a problem with the rocky road! Have you done melting the syrup and butter till hot, and add in finely chopped chocolate? That’s the best one I can recommend!

• Ruth Pearson
    September 5, 2018 at 2:03 pm

Made this delicious recipe so many times as it’s always requested now when I visit friends. It’s easy to follow and works perfect every time. Thank you Jane for sharing this amazing recipe. x

• Kirsty
    August 5, 2018 at 5:35 pm

Hi jane! I love this recipe, I’ve made it twice. The first time everything went perfectly but the second time when I added the food colouring to the white chocolate the white chocolate clumped together making it impossible to drizzle. I used the same food colouring but different chocolate, could that have been the problem or was it something to do with the heat? Also what chocolate did you use? Thanks xx

August 5, 2018 at 8:05 pm

What food colouring did you use? And what chocolate? Off the top of my head I can’t remember, but I believe it was probably Tesco supermarket own, but the food colouring was very strong so I needed little. However, if you really have to mix the colouring in, that can also cause a problem x

• Julia Barrett
    July 29, 2018 at 4:11 pm

Made this twice this , once at Waitrose where I work ,and then again at home . Went down a treat in the dining room at work. And at home. Love all your recipes x

July 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm

I used to work at a Waitrose till recently, so cool! And I’m so glad!! x

• Julia Barrett
      July 29, 2018 at 7:42 pm

All your recipes are fab! Look forward to all your posts when you bake something new xx

• […] Link for recipe – https://www.janespatisserie.com/2016/07/25/mint-aero-rocky-road/ recipe link […]

• […] made this obvious with posting several Rocky Road recipes on here such as my Rolo Rocky Road, and Mint Aero Rocky Road and several others. Honestly, how can you not like Rocky Road? I simple LOVE it. Chocolate, […]

• Julia
    February 5, 2018 at 8:09 am

Ooo yum I used to love aero bars as a kid, this looks so tasty as well!
    Julia // The Sunday Mode

• Catherine Hurley
    January 5, 2018 at 6:30 pm

What do u mean by a double boiler? Thanku

January 6, 2018 at 8:13 pm

Its a heatproof bowl, above a pan of boiling water. Its worth a google.

• Wendy
    December 14, 2017 at 10:33 am

I love this recipe, tastes so yummy. Are you able to freeze it?

• Wendy
    December 14, 2017 at 10:19 am

This is so nice, thank you. Just wondering though – can you freeze it?

• Cakes_contour
    November 8, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Does cheap chocolate work just as good?? Tried it with Tesco’s own but the butter and syrup haven’t incorporated? Just wondering if I should get a better chocolate

November 8, 2017 at 10:18 pm

Depending on the ingredients, it can need much less heat as sometimes its all other stuff. Try heating the syrup and butter together, take it off the heat, and then put the chocolate in finely chopped and stir together. As little stiring as possible as well.

• Mandi
      November 9, 2017 at 7:38 am

Hiya!

I only ever user the supermarkets own brand chocolate, I think you’ve just had bad luck. I’d have walked it all in together anyway! Tesco, Lidl, Asda chocolate all always work for me. x

• Alyssa
    October 14, 2017 at 3:07 am

What are digestives? When I hear digestives I think Tums or Enzymes. I am confused here. Thanks for your help.

October 14, 2017 at 3:42 pm

They’re a biscuit. Google for your alternative.

• Christmas Peppermint Recipes
    September 19, 2017 at 1:09 pm

[…] even some unbelievably scrummy, peppermint rocky road […]

• July Favourites
    August 1, 2017 at 5:24 pm

[…] Jane’s Patisserie Mint Aero Rocky Road  […]

• Miriam
    July 20, 2017 at 4:59 pm

Wow, just made this and it’s the BEST THING EVER!!! Can’t wait to try out more recipes from your site, thanks so much!

• Jo
    July 19, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Absolutely delicious! I have… ahem… made it twice in the last week – to share, I should clarify, though I could happily have scoffed the whole lot myself!

• Sharon Graham
    April 1, 2017 at 7:17 pm

This was absolutely scrumptious! Thank you! Couldnt wait for it to set completely to sample!

• […] available too you know! I came across this recipe for mint aero rocky road on the blog of Jane’s Patisserie –  she’s got such a wonderful blog so I encourage everyone to go check it out! […]

• Mandi
    March 11, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Great idea….Photos look fab, followed the recipe but sadly the aero completely melted. Chocolate mixture was very runny and I put in less chocolate than recipe stated, so I added extra biscuits to soak up some of the runny-ness. Also cut up extra aero and pushed it into the top after I had put it into the tin. Lets hope it tastes ok when set! Thanks for the idea

March 11, 2017 at 1:54 pm

Hiya – your chocolate mixture was far too hot then still if it melted the aero. You need to fold it through in as small amounts as possible to prevent melting entirely. If they did melt, that would be why the mixture was so runny. I’m sure it’ll still taste lovely!

• Mandi
      March 11, 2017 at 10:34 pm

Yes obviously the chocolate was too hot, but I did wait well over 5 minutes for it to cool. Maybe you’re recipe needs a slight tweek to explain potential issues and that you should add the biscuit first a little at a time?.

March 11, 2017 at 10:36 pm

No one else has had this issue, and your chocolate could have been particularly hot by chance so it’s not a recipe error. ?

• Zoe Whelan
    October 27, 2016 at 5:34 pm

I’m attempting this now with Cadbury chocolate. It has just split and the butter is sitting on top. Can I save this or do I have to throw it away. Many thanks

October 27, 2016 at 5:44 pm

I personally would chuck it, chances are the chocolate has got too hot or some water got into it and both are killers for chocolate.

• Lily
      August 16, 2017 at 11:35 am

Yes I too have had this trouble and now tried it twice! It seems that adding the butter and syrup in with the melting chocolate makes it split? Melting the chocolate alone has no problems. Not sure why?

August 16, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Try it where you heat the Butter and Syrup and melt them together, and then add the chocolate. Some people have troubles with it as they have the heat on too high, if you do it in this order, it can prevent it.

• Sam
    August 11, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Hi, I’m currently in the process of making this now! How long does it normally take for the base to set?

August 11, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Can take a few hours to set fully in the fridge!

• […] Mint Aero Rocky Road.  Because we all need more Mint Aero in our life. […]

• Lorraine