*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
A Creamy, Sweet, and Delicious No-Bake Mint Aero Cheesecake. Chocolate Digestive base, Mint Aero Cheesecake filling, and even more Mint!
I’m never really sure what I like more.. Cheesecake, or Chocolate? Like I don’t think I can decide between the two. I like chocolate to snack on when I need a sugar rush, I love to bake with chocolate, and everything chocolate is delicious… but cheesecake is cheesecake. I adore it. Therefore, putting the two together in one is the best combination, especially when its based around Mint Aero. Mint Aero is SO GOOD oh my days I just can’t cope.
I wasn’t really sure where to start with this one as I knew I wanted it to be Cheesecakey, Minty and Chocoaltey. I based the recipe on my No-Bake Creme Egg Cheesecake for the inspiration for my Filling, simply swapping out the Creme Eggs for Mint Aero pieces, the Vanilla for the Mint Extract, and then dying it slightly green to look even more minty.
My Mint Slice has always been a popular no-bake treat in my house, along with my Peppermint Fudge. Adding this delicious No-Bake Mint Aero Cheesecake to my ‘Minty’ repertoire was an absolute MUST. I obviously adore No-Bake Treats because I just find them so easy and yet still so delicious. Something simple and easy can still be so delicious. Who knew a combination of cheese (which sounds disgusting if you think about it) with cream, biscuits, chocolate of sorts, and sugar could create something soooo damn delicious.
It still shocks me when I get people who haven’t heard of No-Bake Cheesecakes, its insane… they’re my fave. This Cheesecake was honestly one of my favourites, and it went down so well with my Taste Testers too. I tried a variety of biscuits on the base, but the using cocoa powder & digestives were my favourite – but its up to you! I really hope you like this recipe as much as I do, enjoy!
RECIPE UPDATED MAY 2017 – I decided to update this recipe slightly to improve it. After some comments of the mixture tasting a bit odd, I decided to change the cream cheese to Mascarpone. It can sometimes taste odd as some mint extracts are different, and don’t mix well with the tartness of Philadelphia. I also switched the base to a Cocoa Powder Digestive base as its so yummy! The Original Recipe is in the comments of the recipe card below if you did want to make it!
I either use Nielsen Massey Peppermint Extract, or Dr Oetker American Peppermint, but whatever you want will do! The Mint Extract in the Cheesecake Filling is entirely optional, but it does go with the flavours of the theme. With a chocolate biscuit base, and the mint cheesecake filling, its basically Mint Aero already, so shoving in more Mint Aero makes it wordly. Honestly, ENJOY THIS BEAUTY!
Mint Aero Cheesecake!
- 300 g Digestives
- 150 g Unsalted Butter
- 25 g Cocoa Powder (optional)
- 500 g Full-Fat Cream Cheese
- 125 g Icing Sugar
- 1-2 tsps Peppermint Extract
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 200 g Mint Aero
- Green Food Colouring
- 150 ml Double Cream
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Mint Aero
- 50 g Melted Chocolate
For the Base
- Blitz the Digestives in a food processor with the cocoa powder (if using) until it’s a fine crumb.
- Mix the biscuits in with the melted butter and press down into the bottom of an 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin and refrigerate whilst you make the filling!
For the Cheesecake
- Using an electric stand mixer cream together the Mascarpone, Icing Sugar, and Peppermint Extract until smooth.
- Add the Double Cream and whisk the two mixes together, towards the end add in the green food colouring to a pale green colour – I use my KitchenAid as it whisks the mixture to the perfect texture, and I use level 5-6 speed – a medium/high setting and whisk it till it holds itself (like meringue does!)
- When whisked – fold through the chopped up Mint Aero pieces and spread on top of the biscuit base! Refrigerate for 6+ hours to set, of preferably over night.
For the Decoration
- Once set, remove from the tin. Whip together the Double Cream and Icing Sugar until thick and pipeable.
- Drizzle over some melted chocolate, pipe on some of the delicious whipped cream, and add on even more Mint Aero! Enjoy!
- RECIPE UPDATED MAY 2017 – In the original recipe I used 2x 154g pack of oreos on the base, with 125g of melted butter. Also, I used Philadelphia, but I MUCH prefer the taste of the Mascarpone.
- I recommend using a 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin in this recipe!
- Like I said in the Method, I use one mixer to make my cheesecake filling – but I use a stand mixer. If using an electric hand-held whisk then try not to use too high a setting as this might cause it to over whip and go all icky! So take your time, it will be smooth and hold itself when the mix is ready!
- Using Full-Fat cream cheese is 100% needed so that it sets – if you would rather use a lower fat one be careful when you mix so that it doesn’t split, and it probably needs to set in a dish as it won’t hold itself!
- This recipe will last 3 days, covered, in the fridge!
- If it looks like your cheesecake isn’t setting, or its a but sloppy, or you’re even not sure.. try it anyway. Try to set the mix anyway! If it still doesn’t set, freeze it and have an Ice Cream Cheesecake!
Find my other Cheesecake Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.