*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
A Sweet Shortcrust Pastry Base, with a Layer of Nutella, and a Chocolate Nutella Mousse Filling with Ferrero Rocher – a Delicious Nutella Tart!
So Nutella is one of the dreamiest things. Like, as many millions of people will agree, its DELICIOUS! Making it into all sorts of things makes all other sorts of delicious Nutella treats such as this delicious tart. My Nutella Rocky Road has been a hit since I posted it recently, along with my other recipes such as my Nutella Cupcakes and Ferrero Rocher & Nutella No-Bake Cheesecake. They all show that Nutella is a hit, and I can’t resist having another delicious treat to go along with them.
I have always thought that Ferrero Rocher are such a delectable treat – they’re so crunchy, nutty, and chocolatey! Which basically means they are perfection. I have always wanted to make a dessert that involves them as they have always been one of my favourite chocolates, and I figured that a delicious and mousse like chocolate tart would be perfect! The Nutella layer at the bottom of the tart is a nice surprise to those eating the dessert as you can’t see it from the top, and its so full of flavour! This in addition to the beautifully light and and delicious chocolate tart filling is the perfect combo!
This is without a doubt one of the most amazing desserts I have made – and its so simple! Its a recipe that can be altered quite easily to suit what people prefer, but if you follow this recipe well, you will have a winner! I have made this dessert for Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas Day lunch, Birthdays, Mother’s Day, and so many more occasions I can’t even count – it is PERFECT for any occasion!!
Recipe Updated February 2018! – nothing was changed in the recipe, other than just making it again and devouring it and updating the pictures involved. This one is always a good show for anyone who adores Nutella, or Ferrero Rocher, but can easily be altered to others tastes! If you want to try something similar, why not try my Rolo Tart, or Biscoff Tart?!
Ferrero Rocher & Nutella Tart!
- 175 g Plain Flour
- 100 g Cold Unsalted Butter (diced)
- 1 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 150 g Dark Chocolate
- 150 g Milk Chocolate
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 100 g Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 400 g Nutella
- 12-16 Ferrero Rocher
For the Base
- Sift the Flour and Icing sugar, and add the Diced Butter, Egg Yolk, and 1tbsp of cold water into a food processor. Blitz quickly on the pulse setting until the mixture starts to bind, it shouldn't take too long at all!
- Grease & flour a 23cm Tart Tin - Roll the pastry mix out onto a lightly floured surface to the thickness of 1-2 coin(s). Press the pastry into the tin and trim & neaten the edges. Fill any gaps of the pastry with any excess pastry so its all covered! Refrigerate for 1/2 an hour!
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180CFan - Cover the pastry with baking parchment and fill with baking beans/rice and bake the pastry Blind for 15 minutes remove the parchment and the beans and bake for an extra 5 minutes or until the pastry is cooked through and turning golden!
- Leave to cool (keep the pastry in the tin for now as it will keep it sturdy whilst it is being filled.)
For the Filling
- Melt the two types of Chocolate slowly over a bain-marie or in the microwave in 30 second bursts - giving it a stir each time. Leave this too cool whilst you do the rest.
- Spread 200g of the Nutella onto the cooled Pastry Base and leave for now.
- In a separate bowl, pour in the Double Cream, Vanilla, Icing Sugar and the other 200g of Nutella - Using an electric whisk (or you can do it buy hand if you're brave!) whisk until the mixture is holding itself and has formed peaks.
- Once that is done, you can pour in the melted Chocolate and fold it together with a spatula until the mix is well combined.
- Pour this on top of the Nutella mix and spread evenly. Press into the mixture 12 Ferrero Rocher (one per slice), and chop any extra over the Tart for decoration!
- Leave to set in the fridge for 3-4 hours or longer if needed.
Find my other Nutella Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.