Deliciously Chocolatey and Gooey Brownies mixed with a Swirl of Baked Cheesecake – The perfect Cheesecake Brownies!
I have a few Brownie Recipes on my blog now, but my boyfriend keeps on asking for more! More experiments, more of the same, an overload of chocolate, something gooey, something dense, just SO MUCH. Therefore, to keep him sweet I thought the experimentation side of things would work perfectly – Hello Cheesecake Brownies!
I’m not going to lie, these are truly scrumptious – Cheesecake is my favourite dessert, as you might well have noticed! And Brownies are my ideal chocolatey treat – therefore the combination is just epic. These are so simple to make, and practically foolproof! Mixing the brownie ingredients very similar to a cake mix, and the cheesecake mix being mixed together in seconds its so simple! No mousse like egg mixture, no folding the mixture carefully, so simple!
My trusty taste-testers adored these, even my Dad who has gone off chocolate! I had to make a special delivery to a couple of friends as well with another few batches, and the batches came out the same every time! Truth be told, the first time I ever made these they were gobbled up in seconds still warm, no time for photos!
I adore serving these with a dollop of homemade Vanilla Ice-cream, or a quenelle or Chantilly Cream – the perfect combination for a dessert after a delicious dinner!
Recipe updated April 2017.
This recipes makes 16 brownies!
– 195g Unsalted Butter
– 195g Dark Chocolate, chopped ip
– 4 Medium Eggs
– 275g Caster Sugar
– 90g Plain Flour
– 35g Cocoa Powder
– 200g Milk Chocolate Chips
– 250g Full Fat Cream Cheese
– 100g Caster Sugar
– 1 Medium Egg
– 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1) Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 9″ Square baking tray with parchment paper.
2) Melt together the Butter, and Dark Chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, on the microwave for 1-2 minutes until melted. Leave to the side to cool to room temperature!
3) Using an electric whisk/stand mixer, whisk together the Eggs & Caster Sugar for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale, is very mousse like, and is double the original volume of the amount of eggs + sugar! You will know its done because when you lift the whisk up out of the mix it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing!
4) When whisked, pour the cooled chocolate mix over eggs and fold together carefully. It might take some time, but be patient – you don’t want to knock out the air you made up on the previous step!
5) Once completely combined, sift the cocoa powder and plain flour on top of the chocolate mix and then fold together again – still be careful to not knock out the air!
6) Once combined well, fold through the chocolate chips and pour into the prepared tin.
7) In a bowl, beat the cream cheese till loose, and add the sugar and beat again till combined. Gradually beat in the egg till combined along with the vanilla.
8) Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownies, and swirl slightly (There is quite alot of cheesecake mixture, so roll with me here) – bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes! Once baked, leave to cool in the tin completely.
Tips and Ideas
This recipe will last covered in the fridge for 4-5 days.
I used Milk Chocolate Chips in my brownies to give it a bit of an extra hit, but this is optional!
I used Philadelphia Full Fat Cream cheese (the 280g tub) but 250g of Cream Cheese is the necessary amount.
This recipe was updated in April 2017 – I did this to make it a more successful recipe. Apologies if you liked the old version, it was inspired by THIS ONE if you wanted that one!
Find my other Cheesecake and Brownie Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.