Cheesecake Brownies!

Deliciously Chocolatey and Gooey Brownies mixed with a Swirl of Baked Cheesecake – The perfect Cheesecake Brownies!

I have a few Brownie Recipes on my blog now, but my boyfriend keeps on asking for more! More experiments, more of the same, an overload of chocolate, something gooey, something dense, just SO MUCH. Therefore, to keep him sweet I thought the experimentation side of things would work perfectly – Hello Cheesecake Brownies!

I’m not going to lie, these are truly scrumptious – Cheesecake is my favourite dessert, as you might well have noticed! And Brownies are my ideal chocolatey treat – therefore the combination is just epic. These are so simple to make, and practically foolproof! Mixing the brownie ingredients very similar to a cake mix, and the cheesecake mix being mixed together in seconds its so simple! No mousse like egg mixture, no folding the mixture carefully, so simple!

My trusty taste-testers adored these, even my Dad who has gone off chocolate! I had to make a special delivery to a couple of friends as well with another few batches, and the batches came out the same every time! Truth be told, the first time I ever made these they were gobbled up in seconds still warm, no time for photos!

I adore serving these with a dollop of homemade Vanilla Ice-cream, or a quenelle or Chantilly Cream – the perfect combination for a dessert after a delicious dinner!

Recipe updated April 2017.

This recipes makes 16 brownies!

Brownie Mix
– 195g Unsalted Butter
– 195g Dark Chocolate, chopped ip
– 4 Medium Eggs
– 275g Caster Sugar
– 90g Plain Flour
– 35g Cocoa Powder
– 200g Milk Chocolate Chips

Cheesecake Mix
– 250g Full Fat Cream Cheese
– 100g Caster Sugar
– 1 Medium Egg
– 1/2 tsp Vanilla

1) Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 9″ Square baking tray with parchment paper.

2) Melt together the Butter, and Dark Chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, on the microwave for 1-2 minutes until melted. Leave to the side to cool to room temperature!

3) Using an electric whisk/stand mixer, whisk together the Eggs & Caster Sugar for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale, is very mousse like, and is double the original volume of the amount of eggs + sugar! You will know its done because when you lift the whisk up out of the mix it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing!

4) When whisked, pour the cooled chocolate mix over eggs and fold together carefully. It might take some time, but be patient – you don’t want to knock out the air you made up on the previous step!

5) Once completely combined, sift the cocoa powder and plain flour on top of the chocolate mix and then fold together again – still be careful to not knock out the air!

6) Once combined well, fold through the chocolate chips and pour into the prepared tin.

7) In a bowl, beat the cream cheese till loose, and add the sugar and beat again till combined. Gradually beat in the egg till combined along with the vanilla.

8) Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownies, and swirl slightly (There is quite alot of cheesecake mixture, so roll with me here) – bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes! Once baked, leave to cool in the tin completely.

This recipe will last covered in the fridge for 4-5 days.

I used Milk Chocolate Chips in my brownies to give it a bit of an extra hit, but this is optional!

I used Philadelphia Full Fat Cream cheese (the 280g tub) but 250g of Cream Cheese is the necessary amount.

This recipe was updated in April 2017 – I did this to make it a more successful recipe. Apologies if you liked the old version, it was inspired by THIS ONE if you wanted that one!

Find my other Cheesecake and Brownie Recipes on my Recipes Page!

• Hannah M
    May 12, 2019 at 5:17 pm

Hi Jane. I have some white chocolate cheesecake mix (from your milkybar cheesecake recipe) that I over whipped and kept in the freezer. Could I defrost some of this and use it as the cheesecake mix for these brownies? Many thanks

May 12, 2019 at 5:34 pm

It would definitely be worth a go although usually an egg is added in to make it bake better, so maybe add one in?! x

• Caitlin
    September 8, 2018 at 5:00 pm

Hi Jane, I am commenting this while my brownies are baking, it’s been nearly 45 minutes and the brownie beneath, hasn’t baked yet, what should I do so the cheesecake doesn’t burn? Great cakes by the way.

September 9, 2018 at 9:22 am

Most likely the brownie mixture was overmixed which is why its taken longer – whenever baking anything that you don’t want to burn, lightly cover with foil.

• […] I used the same base recipe as my Rolo Cookie Bars, and then the same Cheesecake mixture from my Cheesecake Brownies and it was perfect. I don’t like to mess with something that I know works, so the cookie […]

• amanda
    January 9, 2018 at 3:48 pm

Hi Jane, i’m looking into making this and if i have an 8″ square tin, how much ingredient do i slash off? Thanks

January 13, 2018 at 6:27 pm

I’m not entirely sure really, but it might be worth making the normal batch and baking a few brownie cupcakes with the spare!

• amanda
      January 22, 2018 at 1:09 pm

Thanks Jane, in fact i went to buy a 9×9″ square tin to try your recipes and they turned out so well. All my workmates like them and they finished the whole tray! Thanks for your recipe.

• Salma
    November 4, 2016 at 6:14 am

I love these brownies! Do u mind making some Easy fast diy desserts? My and my sisters love having masterchief competionions where we only have 30 minutes to make a meal! I love theese desserts but they take a bit to long!

November 4, 2016 at 6:07 pm

I have many quick recipes, you can find them on the recipe page!

• Salma
      November 7, 2016 at 4:33 am

Oh thank you! You are such an amazing chef! I can’t wait to try these and beat my sister!?

• Cecelia
    April 23, 2016 at 6:24 am

Great recipes as per usual Jane,

Have you ever thought about doing a salted caramel brownie? Out of curiousity also, how much time do you spend cooking? We see so much gorgeous food in your blog I wonder how you manage to eat it all!

April 23, 2016 at 7:16 pm

A salted caramel brownie is coming in my E-Book soon! And I work 2 days a week, so the other 5 I bake! My family & friends and colleagues take all my recipe experiments!

• cookiesnchem
    July 17, 2015 at 1:40 am

AAAHHH you are making me drool! I just found your blog and I am in love with your photos and recipes. This looks like a heavenly combination and I want dessert now. Thank you for sharing such an awesome recipe. Looking forward to your next post!

July 17, 2015 at 9:11 am

Hahaha thank you so much!! 😀 It really is a delicious combination!

• WhenISayFriend
    May 13, 2015 at 6:40 pm

I KNOW it’s not what I announced to do, but in the end, the lure of your Cheesecake Brownies won over the Scones’ 😉
    So there’s now a post on what I did with your great recipe, at my place. Thank you, again, for sharing!

May 13, 2015 at 6:43 pm

Haha its fine don’t worry! Someone trying any recipe of mine makes me ridiculously happy! And its okay! 🙂 x

• WhenISayFriend
      May 13, 2015 at 6:45 pm

You’ll have quite some opportunities to be happy, then, in the near future 😉

May 13, 2015 at 6:46 pm

I really hope so!! Haha 🙂

• […] of Jane’s fabulous recipes, but then made a spur-of-the-moment decision to try this, her Cheesecake Brownies, to take with me as a present to my lovely neighbours – because how can you say No to that […]

• Maryann
    May 7, 2015 at 10:14 am

I gotta try this!

• Jhuls
    May 6, 2015 at 11:33 am

My love for cheesecake brownies will never die!! These look amazing! 🙂

• byEmily
    May 5, 2015 at 12:33 am

Oh my goodness! These look so delicious! 🙂

• scarletscorchdroppers
    May 4, 2015 at 9:12 pm

OH WOW! These look incredible! I love adding cheesecake to cupcakes and muffins, but I haven’t tried it with brownies yet – defiantly on the list to try 🙂

Jennie // Scarletscorchdroppers

xx

May 4, 2015 at 10:39 pm

Cheesecake is definitely one of my all-round favourite things so I highly recommend it with brownies! 🙂 and thank you!! x

• Pistachios
    May 4, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Last week, a colleague of mine brought in some red velvet cheesecake brownies that she’d made, and I thought it was positively life-changing. Cheesecake + brownies = best dessert combination ever! Thanks for sharing your recipe 🙂

May 4, 2015 at 3:22 pm

I keep on meaning to try the Red Velvet version of Chookies (Apparently this is the new name for them?!) but I always go back to my regular! And its okay! 🙂 x

• Pistachios
      May 5, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Another colleague has now brought in chocolate ones and they were equally amazing! (Some weeks we are really spoilt at work)
      I suppose “Chookies” is easier to say than “cheesecake brownies”… But I really do like saying “cheesecake brownies” 😛

May 5, 2015 at 2:18 pm

I’m the same, chookies sounds like something from Star Wars!

• Sophie Sjösten
    May 4, 2015 at 6:09 am

Wow! I might have to try these sometime. I got so hungry (for sugar) now! Haha.

• Sudipti
    May 3, 2015 at 11:47 pm

Wow. No other words!

• The Sensible Kitchen
    May 3, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Omg ?

• Malin's eating
    May 3, 2015 at 6:36 pm

There’s no such thing as “too many brownies”. Keep em coming ☺

• More Than A Dash Of Salt
    May 3, 2015 at 11:40 am

I’ve been waiting for this since you posted it in on instagram!

May 3, 2015 at 11:48 am

Quite a few have said that and I only posted the photo yesterday morning!! I guess they were a hit! haha Thanks 🙂 x

• More Than A Dash Of Salt
      May 3, 2015 at 11:50 am

Were they a hit to eat? Please say yes! They look like they would be.

May 3, 2015 at 11:51 am

Ohh they vanished in seconds! And this wasn’t the first batch made!!

• Angela G.