Super Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Brownies Swirled with Biscoff Cookie Butter Spread making the BEST Biscoff Brownies EVER!
Cookie Butter is a delightful treat, that is so seriously addictive if you like it I wonder whats actually in it some times – how can something be THAT good?! However, if you’re not a fan, thats not a problem, there are plenty of other flavours and spreads out there that you can use instead!
The other day I saw a glorious post on Buzzfeed about Cookie Butter Brownies – and my god did this make me crave some! I seriously had to have a go at it with one of my own Brownie recipes and it did not disappoint! You can see the Buzzfeed post here.
Brownies, as you may have already read on my blog, are one of my favourite things to eat & bake. They are chocolatey, gooey, fudgey, and perfect (especially when you warm them up in the microwave and add a dollop of ice-cream!) The Brownie recipe I use in this recipe is the same recipe that I use in my Triple Chocolate Brownies as they worked so well being swirled with another flavour that it seemed appropriate to use it again!
Seriously though… Biscoff + Brownies = YESYESYES.
Recipe Updated August 2017
This makes 16 squares!
– 200g Dark Chocolate
– 200g Stork/Unsalted Butter
– 275g Caster Sugar
– 3 Large Eggs
– 90g Plain Flour
– 35g Cocoa Powder
– 200g Milk Chocolate Chips
– 150g Lotus Biscuits, chopped up
– 1/2-3/4 Jar Biscoff Spread
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan and grease & line a 9×9″ Tin with parchment paper.
2) Melt the Dark Chocolate with the butter and leave to cool slightly whilst the rest is made.
3) Whisk together the Eggs and Sugar until thick, mousse like, and pale. I use my KitchenAid! When you lift the whisk up, it will leave a trail for a couple of seconds and thats when you know its done.
4) Fold the Chocolate/Butter mix together with the eggs/sugar until combined. Add in the Flour, and Cocoa Powder and fold that through as well.
5) Fold in the chocolate chips and Lotus biscuits in and pour into the tin.
6) Put the Biscoff into a heatproof bowl/jug and microwave for 20 seconds until thinner and easier to use – pour over the Brownies and then swirl through the mixture with the end of a cake skewer.
7) Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until a skewer comes out clean, and leave to cool fully in the tin.
Tips and Ideas
I like to use the Biscoff spread that I find in my local supermarket – as I’m from the UK its not so widely available compared to other parts of the world, but in the UK you can find it in the Jam/Spreads isle near such things as Nutella!
If you don’t like Biscoff spread then use a different on such as Nutella, or even peanut butter in the same way!
These will last in an airtight container for 3-4 days (if they last that long!)
You can find my other Traybake & Brownie Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.