*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
A twist on some of my most popular desserts – and something that everyone will love at home!
I love No-Bake desserts, that is obvious by all of my No-Bake Cheesecakes. However in particular I utterly adore my No-Bake Honeycomb Crunchie Cheesecake… hence the creation of this beauty!
I wanted to create something that was a hybrid of other desserts on my page, such as my cookie cream pie and my cheesecakes, and this seemed like the absolutely best way to do exactly that.
This delicious dessert has an oreo crust that is super easy to make, and its filled with a YUMMY chocolatey cream filling, full of delicious honeycomb pieces. Like seriously, what could be better?!
I did play around with the idea of using pastry in this recipe – but I wanted to keep it along the lines of a ‘no-bake’ recipe as you all seem to love them so much! Chocolate shortcrust pastry would work perfectly with this recipe however if you did wish to use pastry instead!
I also made a rather large version using a 25cm flan tin that is 5cm in depth, but it would serve all round the table at Christmas, or at a dinner party (and just your own family if you could eat it over a few days!!), but there are notes below in my ‘Tips and Ideas’ section if you wanted to make a smaller one!
I seriously hope you all love this recipe as I certainly do! If you were after a dessert which is more fruity than chocolatey but still in pie form, make sure you check out my lemon meringue pie recipe or my personal favourite – my caramel apple crumble pie recipe!
No Bake Honeycomb Crunchie Pie!
- 462 g Oreos
- 150 g unsalted butter melted
Chocolate Honeycomb Filling
- 300 g milk chocolate
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 600 ml double cream
- 7 x 32g honeycomb Crunchie bars chopped up
- Whipped cream
- 1 x 32g honeycomb Crunchie bar chopped up
- Flaked chocolate pieces
- Using a food processor, blitz all of the biscuits to a fine crumb, and mix in the melted butter
- Press this into the sides and base of a 25cm pie/flan tin (mine was 5cm deep). It might be easier to use your hands and fingers for this! Make sure that the side parts are thick enough to hold once removed
- Refrigerate for now
Chocolate Honeycomb Filling
- Melt the two types of chocolate in a bowl over a double-boiler until melted and smooth
- Leave to the side to cool slightly
- Whip the cream up to soft peaks, I used an electric whisk as I'm lazy but a hand whisk is easy enough if you want a work out
- Fold through the chopped up pieces of crunchie bars and then fold through the slightly cooled melted chocolate
- Spread this mixture into the crusted pie dish and leave to set for 5-6 hours, or overnight
- Decorate the pie with some whipped cream then sprinkle on the spare crunchie bar and little pieces of grated chocolate
- Cadburys crunchie bars are honeycomb flavoured chocolate bars that the UK absolutely adores - I'm not sure what other countries have, but any honeycomb themed chocolate bar would work perfectly!
- If you want to bake this, but only have a regular tart/quiche tin then use 2/3 of the oreo crust recipe, and 1/2 of the filling recipe!
- This dessert will last in the fridge for 2-3days, covered.
Find my other recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.