*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
4 ingredient, 2 step no-churn nutella themed ice-cream – no need to churn, simply whisk and freeze!
I obviously have a few no-churn ice cream recipes on my blog now, such as my no-churn crunchy cookie butter ice-cream and my no-churn salted caramel ice-cream but I realised, sometimes ice cream with a chocolate theme is the only way.
Therefore – my no churn Nutella ice cream recipe was born as I was in the middle of making a batch for my family. It also seemed completely necessary to create and post the recipe on World Nutella Day!
This delicious treat only takes 4 ingredients to make what is a delicious ice cream that everyone can enjoy and added bonus – you don’t need an ice cream maker to create it.
Cream, condensed milk, vanilla and nutella is the perfect marriage made that creates something smooth, creamy and ultimately deeeeelicious. Eaten in a cone, in a bowl or straight from the tub, it really is heaven is every spoonful.
Sometimes the Nutella can be a little stiff, so if it is, loosen it slightly for about 10-20 seconds in the microwave first. The only hard part about making this recipe is to not eat the whole jar of Nutella before you even start. Otherwise, this recipe couldn’t be simpler!
You add all the ingredients into your stand mixer bowl, attach the whisk attachment and whisk it on a medium speed until it is super thick, creamy and mousse like… this is where I REALLY struggle to not eat it all myself, with a spoon. Seriously, when I dollop the mixture into the tin to freeze, I do keep a couple of spoonfuls back for myself to just eat then and there. In reality, it would make a delicious ice-cream topper too unfrozen!
This ice cream would also make the PERFECT topper for my nutella brownies I posted recently… nutella heaven! It also makes a great sweet treat to go alongside my chocolate chip pancakes or my perfect crepes. Make this, enjoy it, eat it all.
No-Churn Nutella Ice Cream!
- 600 ml double cream
- 397 g can condensed milk I used light condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 g nutella
- chopped hazelnuts
- chocolate ice cream sauce
- Pour the condensed milk, double cream, vanilla extract and the yummy nutella into a mixer and whisk until a thick mousse like texture is formed and it holds itself. This can take up to and over 5 minutes!
- Pour into a loaf tin or freezer proof container and cover
- Freeze for 6-8 hours or preferably overnight so it has time to get to the correct texture and it is easier to serve
- When serving, ideally remove from the freezer 30 minutes before you want it
- I am obviously using nutella here, but you can use whatever brand chocolate hazelnut spread that you like - or even a plain chocolate one, or a peanut butter one, etc! Its always up to you!
- You can obviously also use full-fat condensed milk but I always try and make at least one ingredient less fattening, but the cream should stay as double cream otherwise it might not work. If you are in a country without double cream than use the highest fat one you can find such as whipping cream or heavy cream!
- This will last in the freezer for 3 months - but It will never last that long in my house
Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.