*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Small Batch Chocolate Bark thats perfect for Valentines – decorate with whatever you please for a cute & tasty gift for your loved one!
Its obvious that I like Bark… Chocolate Bark is one of those treats that is super fun to make with your family & kids, make with friends, or make for little Home-Made Gifts for friends & family! It is always a MASSIVE hit with my boyfriend as he loves all thing sweets and chocolate, so this led me to this recipe – I wanted to make a smaller batch Bark than my other recipes, so you guys can make it for your girlfriends/boyfriends/partners etc and not have to spend so much!
I made it quite cutesy so that it would fit with the theme, and as much as its not very manly… it suits the theme, and still tastes DELICIOUS. I package mine into little decorated bags for my gifts, or chocolate boxes that you can buy online – but for my boyfriend, I just give all of it to him in a box and hope he saves me some.
You can obviously use whatever chocolates you want, or even what sweets you want, but I feel the white chocolate is the best to change colour, and looks best for valentines! This recipe honestly is utterly delicious, like my Chocolate Bark, Halloween Bark, Christmas Bark I am addicted to it – so enjoy, I know you will be too!
This makes a 8X8 Inch Tray – 10 shards approx.
– 300g White Chocolate
– Red/Pink Food Colouring
– 25g Mini Marshmallows
– Red & Pink Smarties
– Freeze Dried Raspberries
– Any other Pink/Red Sweets
1) Line the 8″ Tray with parchment paper (You can just use the bottom of a cake tin as long as you line it correctly) – leave to the side.
2) Prep what sweets/Chocolate’s are going on your Bark – I crushed some of my Smarties, and weighed up the rest of my sweets ready.
3) Melt the White Chocolate in the Microwave on short bursts or over a Double Boiler until smooth and fully melted. Take away a 3rd of the melted chocolate and mix in the pink/red food colouring.
4) Pour the Normal White Chocolate into the tray and spread so its even and about 1cm thick – drizzle the Dyed Pink/Red White Chocolate over the top and using the end of a Cake Tester (or whatever you want) swirl the two types of chocolate together to make a Marble Pattern!
5) Sprinkle over your decorations and leave to set – I tend to do this in the fridge as I am impatient and want it quicker soooo…
6) Cut/Break into shards and enjoy!
Tips and Ideas
This lovely little treat will last for up to one month in the fridge, in an airtight container. You can obviously use whatever sweets & chocolates that you fancy, but these are my personal favourites for a Valentines Theme!
You can make a larger batch for the whole family by using up to 650g on a 9×13″ Tray and using more sweets – but this is designed to be a smaller batch for loved ones!
Find my other Sweets, Bark and Valentines Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.