Individual and Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes that Everyone Will Love – Gooey Chocolate Chips, Baked Vanilla Cheesecake, with Cream & a Chocolate Drizzle!
For quite a while I have wanted to post a recipe of mini baked cheesecakes, as they always look so delicious and cute. After the success of my No-Bake Lemon Cheesecakes, I knew you guys loved mini cheesecakes like myself. I have tried a few recipes and have always felt a bit ‘meh’ about them, but after a bit of experimentation I think I have found a winner. I wasn’t too sure what flavour to go for, so I thought I would go for something in the middle of every favourite flavour of mine… Vanilla Cheesecakes, with Chocolate Chips!
I know that I preach about No-Bake Cheesecakes, and don’t get me wrong, I adore them… But if the right baked cheesecake comes along, it can really blow your socks off that its baked such as my New York Cheesecake! These little beauties have a biscuit base on the bottom, with a light and creamy vanilla cheesecake. In the cheesecake are some Milk Chocolate Chips, with a pirouette or whipped cream on top, and a drizzle of even more chocolate. I used some Vanilla Bean Extract in my cheesecakes as I find it stronger than normal vanilla extract, and I love the speckles of vanilla throughout.
I use Callebaut chocolate in my bakes, as I like the size of the chocolate chips, and they always seem to bake well. Any chocolate will work though! I often use my favourite bar of chocolate, and chop it in to chocolate chip size pieces – it still works perfectly! You could even use a flavoured chocolate for example, like Terry’s Chocolate Orange and it would be DELICIOUS. But for the basic recipe, I used normal Milk Chocolate.
Even though the recipe seems simple, its perfect. I realise it could be slightly annoying to have to bake the cheesecakes, leave them to cool, and then refrigerate them over night, but its worth it. If you skip any of the stages, the texture really won’t be the same. I piped cream on top as I adore cream with Cheesecake, and the extra drizzle of chocolate is TOTALLY necessary. Like, it wouldn’t be the same without it. I’m kidding, it would be fine, but I love a good chocolate drizzle as you might have noticed… But anyway, I hope you love these as much as I do! Enjoy!
This recipe makes 12 Mini Cheesecakes!
– 200g Digestives/Graham Crackers
– 100g Butter, Melted
– 425g Full-Fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
– 115g Caster Sugar
– 2 Medium Eggs
– 1/2tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
– 125g Milk Chocolate
– Whipped Cream
– Chocolate Drizzle
1) Preheat your oven to 170C/150CFan and line a Muffin Tray with 12 Muffin/Cupcake cases.
2) Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a fine crumb and add the melted butter – pulse a few times until it is combined well. Split between the cupcake cases, and prress down firmly into the bottoms of the cupcake cases that you use.
3) With an electric mixer (I used my KitchenAid) Mix the Philadelphia until smooth, it’ll only take a few seconds! Then, add in the Caster Sugar and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
4) Beat the eggs in a separate bowl/jug and gradually pour them into the mix whilst still beating the mixture together, making sure each incorporation of egg is mixed in before adding more! Fold through the chocolate chips till throughout the mix.
5) Spoon the mixture across the 12 cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. It’s better to slightly underbake then overbake these, so there should still be a sliiiight wobble in the middle! Leave them to cool in the tin completely, then refrigerate for 4-5 hours, or overnight.
6) To decorate the Cheesecake – Pipe some whipped creamed on and then use any sprinkles you choose, or maybe a drizzle of melted chocolate!
Tips and Ideas
I used Callebaut Chocolate in this mini little cheesecakes as I have oodles of it. I just used Philadelphia Full-Fat Cream Cheese, as I only believe in full fat cream cheese, and I used Double Cream for the whipped cream that I have piped on top!
You could use different chocolates inside this as I mentioned earlier in the post, as this delicious recipe is so versatile!
These will last in an airtight container, in the fridge, for 2-3 days after baking!
Find my other Cheesecake Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.