White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies!

Easy, Delicious, Fruity and Chocolatey… What more could you want?! White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies that everyone will adore and love!

img_3944

So a few months ago I posted my version of some delicious White Chocolate & Pistachio Blondies and they were such a hit! So many of you have made them and enjoyed them, and this made me extremely happy! However, this meant I knew I should and kinda had to do another Blondie recipe after SO many requests.

Therefore, these babies were born. As a blondie is basically a brownie but without the chocolate theme in the batter, I went with the same recipe as my White Chocolate & Pistachio Blondies, just switching the Pistachios for the Raspberries, some Freeze Dried Raspberries, and a touch of vanilla.

I made a few of these before posting as I wanted to make sure I had them right. The first time I made them I used about 275g of Fresh Raspberries in the batter, and I found that they were very squidgey after they’d eventually finished baking. I reduced the amount to 200g, and added the Freeze Dried Raspberries so there was enough flavour, and it worked perfectly. I then made them 3 times that week and they baked the same each time, always ended up delicious. These aren’t the most solid of Blondies ever, but thats why I love them, they’re delicious, soft and gooey.

img_3945

img_3962

img_3969

You can obviously just whack some White Chocolate and Raspberries in to any old Brownie recipe such as my Terry’s Chocolate Orange Brownies, just without the Chocolate Orange, and they would be delicious too. However, I like that these aren’t Dark or Milk Chocolate themed? That may sound slightly weird coming from someone that adores ALL kinds of chocolate, but honestly, these are perfect the way they are. You could bake them for much longer than specified to get a dryer and more sturdy Blondie, but I like them softer compared to solid.

I decided to film this delicious treat as a video as I know you guys are loving them, and I want to grow my Youtube channel as much as I possibly can to help keep this blog going. It was definitely fun to film these, and I had a little monkey of a Puppy trying to help by waiting for any dropping crumbs by my feet.

Needless to say, he was disappointed when this didn’t happen. My Trusty Taste Testers and myself however seriously enjoyed these every time I made them, and I trust their opinions. I’m sure if Rolo was allowed to eat such things, he would have approved as well. I hope you guys love this recipe! Enjoy!

img_3972

img_3977

5 from 3 votes
White Chocolate Raspberry Blondies!
Prep Time

• 250 g Caster Sugar
  • 3 Large Eggs
  • 175 g Plain Flour
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 250 g White Chocolate Chips
  • 200 g Raspberries
  • 10-15 g Freeze Dried Raspberries (optional)
Decoration
  1. Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan, and grease & line a 9x9inch Square Tin – leave to the side.

2. Melt the Butter carefully in the microwave, stir till smooth. Leave to the side for now!

3. Using an electric whisk/stand mixer, whisk together the Eggs, Caster Sugar and Vanilla together for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale, is very mousse like, and is double the original volume of the amount of eggs + sugar! You will know its done because when you lift the whisk up out of the mix it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing!

4. Whilst whisking, beat in the melted butter a little at a time, making sure each spoonful of butter is fully mixed in before adding a bit more!

5. Once mixed in, sift in the Plain Flour, and fold the mixture together. Add in the Chocolate Chips, Raspberries and freeze dried Raspberries, and fold again.

6. Pour the mixture into the tin, and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes** or till baked through. I checked mine with a skewer and it came out clean when baked! Leave the Blondies to cool in the tin completely.

7. Drizzle over the melted chocolate, and sprinkle on the freeze dried raspberries (or some more fresh raspberries if you prefer) – leave the chocolate to set and then cut into your portions. I did 4×4 to get 16 decent sized pieces! Enjoy!

Recipe Notes
  • **Sometimes Brownies & Blondies and such can take a while to bake, for some random reason… so if at 35-40 minutes yours isn’t baked through fully, cover the top with foil to prevent burning and continue to bake till done!
  • I used Callebaut Chocolate in ALL of my bakes other than when specified. I buy mine in 2.5kg bags as it makes it much easier and cheaper for me in the long run as I bake so much! However, any chocolate will work perfectly. Supermarket own, other brands, etc! As long as its tasty, it’ll work!
  • I have never tried this with frozen berries, and I’m not sure if it would work or not because of the moisture content. However, I seriously would recommend to NOT add any more raspberries then specified as moisture is released from normal raspberries as well, and the Blondies might not bake very well with any more!
  • Recipe inspiration from BBC Food.
Nutrition Facts
White Chocolate Raspberry Blondies!
Amount Per Serving
Sugar 25g28%
Protein 3g6%
Vitamin A 450IU9%
Vitamin C 3.5mg4%
Calcium 45mg5%
Iron 0.8mg4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These are only estimates.

Find my other Traybake Recipes on my Recipes Page!

• Cheat on your diet this Christmas with these five desserts – In-Rest
    January 29, 2020 at 11:28 pm

[…] White Chocolate Raspberry Blondies (Jane’s Patisserie) […]

• Emily
    January 7, 2020 at 8:25 pm

Each time I’ve made these, I don’t think they’re turning out correctly – greasy or choc chips all at the bottom. Really want to get them right.
    How long do you whisk for? Doesn’t seem to be going think. Can I over whisk?

January 8, 2020 at 9:48 am

It can take several minutes at high speed with an electric mixer to whisk – if it never gets thick, you probably haven’t whisked long enough. If the mixture is too thin, the chocolate chips will sink and caramelise slightly causing the ‘greasy’ look.

• Uagal
    December 30, 2019 at 5:44 pm

Can you substitute cranberries for raspberries?

• […] Recipe from: Jane’s Patisserie […]

• Abbi
    September 23, 2019 at 8:39 pm

Absolutely delicious! Incredibly easy to make and so tasty I could eat the whole tray! I love trying out your recipes, thank you for sharing them xx

• Clare
    July 20, 2019 at 9:56 pm

Wow these were amazing! Went down very well with some fussy cake eaters. Will definitely be making again and again! Love all your recipes and trying to decide what to make next. Thank you 😊

• Alison
    June 5, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Hi, hope you can help as I’m not sure if I’m doing anything wrong? I’ve attempted these blondies twice and both times there appears to be an awful lot of melted butter coming out of them, and they end up looking quite “greasy” and not brownie/blondie-like like in your pics☹️ I made sure I added the butter gradually like in the method but it’s done the same thing both times. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks 😊 p.s I absolutely adore your recipes and have tried a few of them but would really like to master these blondies!!

June 5, 2019 at 5:45 pm

Do you use an electric whisk? Honestly, I just make sure the beginning stage is VERY thick, and then whisk the butter in slowly, and make sure its fully folded in before adding any more. If this isn’t done properly, it could lead to it being greasy! x

• Alison
      June 7, 2019 at 4:20 pm

Thank you x Yes I use an electric stand mixer. I will definitely try them again and make sure I add the butter slowly to the thick mix. Thank you x 😊

• Alison
      June 7, 2019 at 4:24 pm

Hi I’m not sure if my reply went through so I’ll do it again. Thank you for your reply x😊 I will definitely try them again and will make sure I add the butter slowly to the thick mix. Thank you😊

• Sian
    May 22, 2019 at 10:34 pm

Hi Jane. Just a quick question…how much white chocolate do you melt for the drizzle on the top? I’ve read the recipe several times but can’t see a mention of how much chocolate. Is that chocolate separate to the white chocolate chips?

Thanks 🙂

• Felicity Foster
    March 26, 2019 at 8:37 am

I’m wanting to make mini egg blondies. I have looked at this and your cookie bar recipe…..could I take out the raspberries and add crushed mini eggs?? This recipe looks easier than the cookie bars plus i haven’t got any bicarbonate of soda

March 26, 2019 at 10:34 am

I would say the cookie bars are better for Mini Eggs, as mini eggs are quite heavy and will most likely sink in the blondies – but you can definitely try it!

• Felicity Foster
      March 28, 2019 at 2:35 pm

It worked 😊 well think it did as iv never actually had a blondie but they tasted good

• Ellice Dargan
    November 15, 2018 at 6:48 pm

Would the recipe still be the same if you didn’t want to add raspberries (except the raspberries of course!) or do you think it would need tweeking and other things added to add more flavour?

November 15, 2018 at 8:09 pm

It would still work without them, but might need a smidge less cooking time as it won’t have the moisture of the raspberries!

• […] et surtout pas sec, comme c’est le cas avec ce brownie chocolat-framboises inspiré de ce blog et que je souhaitais terrrrriblement fondant. Avec ce bon goût du chocolat blanc fondu dans la […]

• JellyBean
    August 15, 2018 at 12:13 pm

These are soooo amazing… Everytime I’ve made them they’ve been an absolute hit… Thanks sooooo much

• Nicola
    February 19, 2018 at 7:41 pm

Hi I’ve tired to make these tonight but all the chocolate drops have sunk to the bottom can you tell me where I’ve went wrong?

February 19, 2018 at 7:43 pm

Hiya! I would say if you try and whip it up thicker next time so its really really thick (the original mixture) so that the combined mixture is thick it would be good!

• […] White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies by Jane’s Patisserie […]

• helen
    September 8, 2017 at 10:59 am

not sure where i am going wrong but mine have been in the oven 2 hours and it still not cooked.

September 8, 2017 at 6:12 pm

You’ve not whisked the mixture enough and its too liquid – also, your oven might not be the correct temperature (rarely ovens are) which would contribute.

• Ro
    July 19, 2017 at 10:43 pm

Hi,
    These look amazing 🙂
    I just wondered – once made, how long do they last? Also are they suitable for freezing?
    Thanks so much,
    Ro

July 20, 2017 at 5:23 pm

I’d say 4 days once made, and I have never personally frozen them, but I don’t see why not!

• Nekiom
    June 11, 2017 at 1:26 pm

Can’t wait to try this 😀 What measurements does your baking tray have? I only have bigger ones and will have to adjust the recipe…

June 11, 2017 at 3:33 pm

I use a 9x9inch as stated in the recipe method. ?

• Nekiom
      June 13, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Oh sorry! I was probably so dazzled by the pictures… 😉 Thank you!

• Ciara
    May 28, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Love this, any recommendations on what to use instead of freeze dried raspberries I can’t find them in the shop?

May 28, 2017 at 9:12 pm

You can use some fresh ones? ? or raspberry extract!

• Hafsa
    April 6, 2017 at 7:31 pm

Hi how many grams would you say is a pot of freeze dried raspberries

April 6, 2017 at 10:05 pm

7-10g usually (they’re very light so weight wise a little goes a long way)

• Hafsa
    November 11, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Just discovered your blog. Absolutely love it! Can you make a rainbow cake please? X

November 11, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Thanks! I will add it to the list, it won’t be till the next year though as I’m all full up for Christmas! x

• Rosie
    November 10, 2016 at 8:33 am

These blondies look delicious! I’ve used frozen berries before in a cake, I find the best way to avoid moisture-overload is to defrost them in a bowl the fridge the night before, then spoon them in making sure to leave the excess liquid/juice in the bowl.