Mint Aero Fudge!

Easy Five Ingredient Fudge full of Delicious Mint Chocolate Goodness making my new favourite… Mint Aero Fudge! No Sugar Thermometers, No Boiling, Just Easy!

So it’s obvious that I love a bit of Mint Aero. Like.. there’s quite a few recipes on my blog already such as my Mint Aero Drip CakeNo-Bake Mint Aero Cheesecake and more, and I just couldn’t resist another. This is something I have made for a little while since a friend of mine (Kelly) made some and said she was inspired by me… and I was like I MUST MAKE SOME NOW. So I did, and I’m obsessed.

I’ve made it several times over, all with different chocolates. The first time, just Milk Chocolate, and it was delightful. The second with just Dark Chocolate, and it was wonderful. The times after that? Half and half and it was perfect. You can choose which way to go, or even try white chocolate, but obviously its up to you. I just adore the combination of part milk and part dark as I don’t like it overly sweet all the time, and not overly bitter.

Some fudge recipes that are similar to this one don’t use Icing Sugar, and you don’t really have to, but I find it really does help it set. Its up to you, and it does take a bit of welly, but beating in the sieved icing sugar is good and it makes the mixture so thick. Mixing in the Aero pieces after is a bit of a struggle if you use a bowl that is too small, so make sure you use one that is big enough!

As you can see, mine is speckled all over with Mint Aero pieces and crumbs, and I potentially went a little crazy with the Mint Aero… but I just love it. Honestly, I love it. When its on offer I always stock up, and I can’t wait to make a version of this with the Orange Aero next week.. Yum! I cut mine up into inch size pieces as you don’t need a lot of it, and it easily lasts for a long time in the fridge. If you want it slightly less sweet, don’t use icing sugar in it, or use just dark chocolate. I hope you love it as much as I do! Enjoy! x

Mint Aero Fudge!

5 from 5 votes
Category: Decorating
Type: Fudge
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 40 People

• 397 g Condensed Milk (one tin)
  • 250 g Dark Chocolate
  • 250 g Milk Chocolate
  • 75 g Icing Sugar
  • 300-400 g Mint Aero (bubbles/bars)

• Line a tin with parchment paper – I used a 9×9″ Square Tin as it makes a nice depth of fudge for this recipe!
  • Put the Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, and Condensed Milk into a heavy based saucepan – melt on a low heat, stiring often so that the chocolate doesn’t catch on the bottom and burn and so that all the ingredients mix together well.
  • Or melt the two chocolates together carefully in the microwave/double boiler, and then add in the Condensed Milk and mix well till smooth.
  • Once melted, tip in the sifted icing sugar and combine well, it might take a bit of beating, but its worth it!
  • Fold through 3/4 of the Mint Aero you are using, or more if you fancy, and then pour into the tin and smooth over the mixture. Sprinkle on some mint aero crumbs, and some whole bubbles/pieces and press into the top of the fudge and store in the fridge for at least 5-6 hours (Or preferably overnight) to set!
  • Once set – remove from the tin and cut into the squares – I cut my tray into small squares of fudge, about 1inch in size! Return to the fridge for another couple of hours to finish setting if its still a little soft– ENJOY!

• This recipe will last better in the fridge for up to 2-3 weeks if it manages to last that long – you can also easily half or double the recipe, the setting times will just change slightly!
  • You can use all Milk Chocolate, or all Dark Chocolate if you wish, but its up to you!
  • You could easily also use this with the Orange Aero, normal Chocolate Aero, or any other chocolate bar you fancy!
  • Using icing sugar is optional - but without I would use 100g more chocolate!
Nutrition Facts
Sugar 11g12%
Protein 1g2%
Vitamin A 30IU1%
Vitamin C 0.2mg0%
Calcium 34mg3%
Iron 0.9mg5%
* These are only estimates and can vary dependant on brands of ingredients and serving sizes.

Find my other Sweets & Mint Aero Recipes on my Recipes Page!

SaveSave

• Zoe Clemence
    August 25, 2020 at 8:38 pm

hi Jane, yet another fantastic recipe! You said to pour in to tin but the mixture was quite thick? Is this normal of did I do something? Thank you x

• Simon
    July 14, 2020 at 12:58 pm

I’m going to try this for my sister’s birthday, but would it work ok to use a bar of aero chocolate instead of normal chocolate? Or maybe one bar of aero and one normal bar?

July 14, 2020 at 5:22 pm

For the base chocolate it’s important to still use normal chocolate as that is how you get the fudge texture x

• Caroline
    July 1, 2020 at 8:47 pm

Do you have a recipe for plain / butter fudge please

July 2, 2020 at 10:23 am

Have a look at my cookies n cream fudge, but leave out the cookies!

• Lisa Gibas
    June 24, 2020 at 7:55 am

Hi I followed the recipe and heated the chocolate then added the condensed milk then beated in the Icing sugar before adding the mint aero! The fudge has now set but it’s rock solid! Not fudge like, what could I have done wrong?

June 24, 2020 at 8:46 am

I would say personally that’s a good thing, as solid fudge is better than too soft! You could just keep it out of the fridge for a bit!

• Dan
    May 29, 2020 at 1:13 pm

Can I use light condensed milk to make this? Run out of the normal condensed milk and no shops seem to have it! Thanks

May 29, 2020 at 1:58 pm

Hey! So light condensed milk can come out a bit softer, so you may have to set it in the freezer (and if it’s a bit soft, just keep it in the freezer!) but otherwise it should be fine! x

• Claire
    May 24, 2020 at 8:02 pm

Hi, I made this today. Following blending in the icing sugar, I added the mint aero and it went all bitty like a crumbly doughy texture and didnt pour into the tray as usual. What did I do wrong? I have refrigerated it and it doesnt taste bad but it’s not very fudge tasting if that makes sense x

May 25, 2020 at 7:04 pm

Hey! Oh that’s so strange – it may have split slightly. You can either leave out the icing sugar (and add in 100g more chocolate instead) or try as obvious as it sounds to mix less! Xx

• Mandy
    May 23, 2020 at 9:05 pm

Made this today but did not set, what did I do wrong please x

May 24, 2020 at 1:33 pm

Did you definitely use condensed milk? Lots of people have been substituting evaporated milk due to lockdown which won’t work! x

• Abbey
    May 8, 2020 at 3:31 pm

Made this today on a low heat on the hob. Although my Aeros started to melt when added to the chocolate mixture when mixing?

May 9, 2020 at 8:48 am

You need to remove it from the heat, and by the time you’ve mixed in the icing sugar it should have cooled enough to stop the aero from melting.

• Cass
    April 26, 2020 at 8:09 pm

Was going to try to make this but only have evaporated milk, would it work at all or would I have to add more sugar? Thanks

April 26, 2020 at 8:58 pm

I’m afraid evaporated milk is actually a very different product – I would advise looking for a recipe that specifically uses it as it will probably end up very very soft for this one!

• Kelly
    December 23, 2019 at 5:03 pm

Hey Jane every time I try and make the mint aero fudge it splits and becomes like oily pleas help x

January 14, 2020 at 12:28 pm

It just sounds like its getting too hot or being over mixed slightly! If you are trying the microwave method, try the hob instead, and vice versa!

• Emma Brown
    July 31, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Love this recipe! I’ve made fudge before but without the icing sugar. Can I ask why you add the icing sugar?

July 31, 2019 at 8:44 pm

I just much prefer it with! It means you use less chocolate, and I find the mixture is firmer.

• Colin
    July 27, 2019 at 12:49 pm

Fabulous. Made these and Rocky Road Fudge for my workforce. I took 30 mixed pieces in for a team of 20, all eaten within five hours, a personal record
    Going for Mars Bar Brownies next
    Thanks Jane

• Sweet tooth!
    May 30, 2018 at 8:20 pm

Can your fudge recipes be frozen? They all look so yummy but I like batch cooking and having stuff in the freezer for when friend call.

May 30, 2018 at 8:49 pm

Yes they can! X

• Sian
      June 17, 2018 at 3:13 pm

How long would you say it’s okay to freeze the fudge for? I’ve jist made this today 😃 And the chocolate orange fudge x

June 17, 2018 at 9:22 pm

Standard rule of freezing would be 3 months? But usually I’ve eaten it way before then! X

• Angela Burnley
    November 19, 2017 at 3:19 pm

Looks yummy can’t wait to try it in my microvave!