Salted Caramel Easter Tart!

An Easy No-Bake Salted Caramel Easter Tart with a Biscuit Base, Salted Caramel Filling, Chocolate Ganache, and all the Easter Treats!

So say hello to your new obsession… this recipe is glorious. My No-Bake Salted Caramel Easter Tart. Honestly, I am genuinely obsessed with it. It’s luscious, indulgent, and heavenly!

I have been toing and froing between sharing this recipe on the day it’s published, or at the beginning of my Easter Bakes. I decided more towards Easter, in-fact the week before, because it’s just so quick and easy to make!

This beautiful non-bake is definitely something that most people will love – if you don’t like salted caramel, just use regular caramel. If you don’t like dark chocolate, just use milk! It’s definitely versatile enough, but using just milk will make it set softer, so you need about 150g more chocolate.

I decided for this I basically wanted to morph my Salted Caramel Chocolate Tart, and my Billionaires Tart. It is more towards my Billionaires Tart, but just with a regular biscuit base rather than chocolate.

I love a chocolate biscuit base, don’t get me wrong, but I didn’t want the recipe to be the exact same with a different topping. I also love the contrast between a plain biscuit base, and the chocolatey filling! Along with the caramel it’s perfecto.

For the ganache filling, I use a mix of dark chocolate and milk chocolate. I often do this with other no-bake chocolatey treats like my Malteser Tiffin, because I think it’s the perfect balance. Not too bitter, not too sweet!

However, I understand that some people will think dark chocolate isn’t for them, and others will worry that milk chocolate is too sweet! With this no-bake luckily though, you can use all dark, or all milk if you prefer! Luckily it’s a different type of ganache, with different ratios than you would use for truffles – plus the butter! For example, when using just milk chocolate, you need to use at least 150g more chocolate.

I tend to heat the cream till it’s just before boiling point in a pan over the hob, and then pour over the chocolates and butter. You really need to make sure the chocolate is in small pieces, like a chocolate chip size, so that you don’t have to mix it too much. It also makes sure that it melts properly!

For the salted caramel – I used a batch of my Homemade Caramel Sauce – but you can easily use shop bought! I always recommend using sea salt flakes when salting caramel, as it often tastes better, and it means you’re far less likely to add too much. I tend to use Maldon sea salt!

If you’re using shop bought, you can use pretty much any that you can buy – tinned caramel, caramel in a jar and so on. Of course, if you don’t want it, you can just leave the caramel out entirely! I know caramel isn’t everyones thing. You can even use a different type of spread entirely too!

When it comes to the Easter Chocolates, you can use any you fancy. This particular time, I used a mix of Cadbury’s Mini Eggs, Galaxy Eggs, Milkybar Eggs, and micro Eggs! I think a mixture is always lovely – but definitely just one type will do!

Now finally, when it comes to eating this bad boy… just enjoy it. Devour it. Love it. And remember – you should never ever feel guilty for enjoying a piece of pudding! xx

Salted Caramel Easter Tart!

4.72 from 7 votes
Category: Dessert
Type: Tarts
Keyword: Easter, Salted Caramel
Setting Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Servings: 12 Slices

Biscuit Crust

• 300 g Digestives/Shortbread
  • 150 g Unsalted Butter/Stork

Filling

• 250 g Homemade Caramel (Or shop bought)
  • Pinch Sea Salt
  • 300 ml Double Cream
  • 125 g Dark Chocolate
  • 125 g Milk Chocolate
  • 50 g Unsalted Butter/Stork

Decoration

• 200 g Easter Chocolates (some crushed)

For the Biscuit Crust!

• Using a food processor, blitz all of the biscuits to a fine crumb and mix in the melted butter. Press this into the sides and base of a 23cm Pie/Flan tin (mine was 3cm deep).
  • It might be easier to use your hands and fingers for this! Make sure that the side parts are thick enough to hold once removed. Refrigerate for now.

For the Filling!

• Spread the caramel sauce onto the biscuit base. Sprinkle over some sea salt!
  • In a heatproof pan, add your double cream and heat till just boiling.
  • In a separate bowl, add your chocolate (chopped up) and butter, and pour on the hot cream. Whisk together till smooth!
  • If the Chocolate is still slightly not melted, heat for 10 second bursts in the microwave till combined well.
  • Pour the Chocolate Mixture onto the caramel and refrigerate for an hour.

For the Decoration!

• After an hour of setting, add on your Easter Chocolates - some whole, some crushed - and set in the fridge for another hour!
  • Enjoy!

• I used my homemade caramel sauce for the filling - but you can use any shopbought one such as Carnations Caramel, Dulce de Leche, or use anything similar. It just needs to be a thick Caramel type sauce/spread!
  • This is the tart tin that I use
  • You can easily double up the recipe to make a bigger & deeper pie – add another half of the base recipe (I.e. use 450g biscuits, and 200g butter) and double the filling recipe! Use a 25cmx5cm deep tart tin!
  • This dessert will last in the fridge for 3 days, covered.
  • I used a mix of Milkybar Eggs, Cadbury's Mini Eggs, Micro Eggs and Galaxy Eggs!
  • You can use all dark chocolate, or all milk if you prefer - I just prefer the balance of half and half!
  • Using just milk will make it set softer, so you need about 150g more chocolate at least!

Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!

• Kelly
    April 29, 2021 at 7:04 pm

What tart tin do you recommend?

May 6, 2021 at 1:50 pm

Hey, it’s linked at the bottom of the recipe!x

• Hannah
    April 22, 2021 at 10:54 am

Im wanting to make this for my husbands birthday next week, it’s obviously not easter anymore 😂 any other toppings you could suggest to add a crunch and break up the flavours? I do have some of the chocolate eggs so i could crush them and still use them i suppose?
    Excited to make this!

April 26, 2021 at 1:44 pm

Hey! Ahh how lovely, haha that is the only annoying thing about easter recipes! You can use literally anything from the confectionary aisle so yes this would work! I hope you love it when you do xx

• Louise
    April 4, 2021 at 10:19 am

I’ve just made this but am really struggling to get it out of the tin (I even brought the tin from Amazon that you use) it will not budge at all! any tips and help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

• Vici
    April 3, 2021 at 4:53 pm

Made this ready for Easter celebrations with the kids. Not sure how much they’ll get as it looks so yummy 😋

• Megan Lam
    April 3, 2021 at 3:49 pm

Hi Jane, can I check what percentages you use for the chocolates please?

April 3, 2021 at 10:14 pm

Dark chocolate is 70%+, milk is 35% roughly!

• Sophie
    April 2, 2021 at 9:46 am

Could I make little versions of this tart in mini tart tins? Would any of the recipe change?

• Hannah
    March 31, 2021 at 3:29 pm

Hi Jane, love your recipes! Is it possible to freeze this? Making it at the weekend but there’s only 2 of us! Thanks!

• Rita
    March 26, 2021 at 11:34 am

Can you use the caramel that you made when doing the millionaire shortbread in this?

March 26, 2021 at 12:48 pm

Hii! Yes you can but you need to use half of the amount and allow it to set properly!x

• Bindu
    March 24, 2021 at 7:45 pm

Absolutely delicious. Followed the recipe and I must say, the ganache was mind blowing. Just perfect. I have a very happy husband and 2 boys (8 and 7 years old)! 😱😱😍😍😍😍😍 Will be using the ganache for lots of other baked now.
    Next time, I’ll be making my own caramel for this.
    Thank you so much for your blog!

• Lucy
    February 6, 2021 at 9:57 pm

Hi Jane could I use white chocolate or would that not work. If it will how much would I need to use please. Love ur recipes xx

February 7, 2021 at 12:27 pm

Not really for this one – the ratio is completely different, and personally I would recommend 3:1 – so for every 300g white chocolate, you use 100ml of double cream! And it will taste very very sweet x

• Ifeoluwa
    January 18, 2021 at 12:47 am

I wish recent recipes like this would be on your YouTube channel. The recent video on your channel was 8months ago and that’s not too cool. It’s not about the written recipe alone but visual display too goes a long way in understanding.

• Lauren stark
    January 17, 2021 at 10:58 pm

How did you get the tart out of the tin in one piece?

January 18, 2021 at 11:03 am

It’s best to use a loose bottomed tart tin and then its easy!

• Dawn Ware
    August 30, 2020 at 3:42 pm

Wish me luck I’ve got one setting in the fridge 🤞 after my teenage daughter asked if we (I) could make a m&m salted caramel tart after seeing one made on tic toc. I knew you’d have a recipe I could adapt x

August 30, 2020 at 3:59 pm

Hey! Oh yes for sure, just swap out for M&Ms! X

• Gabrielle
    June 17, 2020 at 6:03 pm

Love your recipes so much. Would be so excited if you did a cherry bakewell recipe as they’re my dads fave!

• Rebecca
    May 15, 2020 at 12:18 pm

Hi, I have a 25cm tart tin, does this matter?? thanks 🙂

May 15, 2020 at 1:25 pm

It should still work fine! Just be a little bit thinner!

• Charlotte Hall
    May 14, 2020 at 6:58 am

Hi would I be able to freeze this dessert please? Thank you!! X

• Heidi
    May 9, 2020 at 7:22 pm

Hi! I’m thinking of making this but I’ve not had much success with things that have a biscuit base in the past- as in I can NEVER get the biscuit base off the bottom of my tin, it always gets stuck and it makes a horrible mess… is there anyway you think I could rectify this please? X

May 9, 2020 at 8:01 pm

All I do for this is carefully push the sides of the tin off using an object underneath, and then use a thin knife to get it off the base! x

• Charlotte
    May 4, 2020 at 1:12 pm

Easy recipe to follow, and absolutely delicious 😋 so yummy – it went down a treat with the family so thank you 🍫

• Kayla W
    May 3, 2020 at 11:58 pm

Mine didn’t come out anywhere near as perfect as Janes (Practice makes perfect) but it is such an easy recipe to follow and it makes such a beautiful dessert!! I cannot wait to make it again

• Aisling Barton
    May 3, 2020 at 8:15 pm

Super easy tart to make and very tasty, very very indulgent!

• Katy Arrowsmith
    April 4, 2020 at 2:25 pm

Hi Jane! Love your recipes. Was just wondering if there’s another type of tin I could use as I don’t own a pie or flan tin 🙁 thanks ! X

April 4, 2020 at 2:34 pm

You can try a cake tin, you’ll just have to be careful with sizing because of volume!