*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Easy No-Bake Five-Ingredient Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats with a Biscoff Marshmallow Rice Krispie Base and a White Chocolate Biscoff Topping!
Oh hey there Rice Krispies, it’s been a while… ages in fact! The last time I knowingly used Rice Krispies in anything was over three years ago – so it’s definitely time to sort that out!
I love a good Rice Krispie treat.. they’re light, easy to make (even if a little sticky) but so quick! My version of a Toffee Crisp Cheesecake has always been so popular – the base is amazing – but so have my Millionaires Crispy Squares!
Anyway… after doing a few recipe request posts on my social media channels recently, I had so many comments about want easy Rice Krispie related treats – so I thought I would start with the best… BISCOFF. Why not combine two of the best things? An easy no-bake treat and biscoff?!
So, Rice Krispie treats are very easy. There are so many recipes out there, but I just couldn’t resist! You need a little butter (I use unsalted, but you can use slightly salted if you want to counteract the sweetness slightly), marshmallows and of course… Rice Krispies. Or Rice Pops as some people may also call them.
I use mini white marshmallows because I find them the easiest to use. The mini part of them makes them melt a lot quicker, and the white colour means you don’t end up with a funny looking traybake. Although, if the colour doesn’t matter to you, you can use the mixed colour bags!
You can use branded Rice Krispies or own brand – or even swap to cocoa pops (but generally I’d stick to the Rice Krispies). They create a lovely light texture, but also make it substantial enough! The only thing about making this though?! It’s so damn sticky!!
I find it easiest to use a large pan – add the butter and mini marshmallows and melt on a low heat until the mixture is smooth. This is when you add in your Biscoff! You can use either the smooth or crunchy, but that’s up to you. Don’t add the Biscoff in at the beginning, as that can make the mixture split.
I weigh my Rice Krispies into a separate bowl, and add them to to the butter/marshmallow/biscoff pan, off the heat – the leftover heat of the pan makes it easier to mix everything together, whereas I find pouring the mixture into a bowl just makes more sticky mess!
Press the mixture into the bottom of a lined tin – because it’s a no-bake traybake you can use a different sized tin, but for the same depth you want to use a 9×9″ square. For a top tip, you can slightly butter your hands to make it easier to press and smooth down the mixture. It saves a lot of panic, trust me!
I then decorated with melted Biscoff and white chocolate – this can be milk chocolate, dark chocolate, no chocolate… whatever! It’s just what I had in the cupboard! You can also add in some biscuits to the mixture if you wanted, or even just decorate the top with them! It’s entirely up to you!
This is definitely a recipe that is open for change, I just did this using what ingredients I had… If you want to try something else then let me know in the comments! I’m going to see what else I can make with rice krispies now…!
Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats!
- 50 g Unsalted Butter
- 225 g Mini Marshmallows (I used white)
- 175 g Biscoff Spread
- 175 g Rice Krispies
- 200 g Biscoff Spread
- 200 g White Chocolate
- Line a 9x9" square tin with parchment paper, and leave to the side.
- Add the butter and mini marshmallows to a large pan, and heat on a low-medium heat, stiring, untill smooth and melted!
- Once melted, take the pan off the heat and add in the biscoff. Stir briefly until smooth!
- Pour the rice krispies into the pan, and stir to combine!
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the lined tin (top tip, buttering your hands slightly can prevent any sticking and makes it easy to press down!)
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl until smooth - I do this in short bursts in the microwave stiring well each time.
- In a separate bowl, melt the biscoff spread - This takes about 20 seconds in the microwave.
- Pour the two over the rice krispie base and swirl together with a cake skewer.
- Set in the fridge for two or more hours, and then slice and enjoy!
- You can use slightly salted butter it you want the mixture slightly less sweet!
- You can use smooth or crunchy biscoff spread.
- You can use cocoa pops in place of rice krispies if you want!
- The chocolate topping can be done with other chocolates if you fancy!
- Store at room temperature for up to five days!
Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.