*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Easy and delicious Brownie Cookies – the gooey softness of a brownie, mixed with the delicious of a cookie!
Shall we start this blog post by saying it’s been nearly two months since I have posted a cookie recipe, and I have missed them. I love them. I love all things cookie related, and I am entirely OBSESSED. So, here’s another!
After asking for requests, I realised so many of you wanted a brownie related bake, but also so many wanted a cookie related bake… so I thought why not combine the two?! I have so many cookie recipes on my blog now… but nothing like this!
My NYC Cookies have absolutely stolen the show recently with so many of you baking them that I genuinely can’t keep up – my NYC Chocolate Chip Cookies have become the highest rated blog post on here, and my Triple Chocolate NYC Cookies are quickly catching up.
Those cookies are designed to be a cookie, they are designed to have that texture that you want… whereas these? They are literally mini brownies, but in the shape of a cookie. It’s like the ultimate combination of delicious!
The base recipe is fairly similar to a genuine mash up of a cookie and brownie mix. Not as many eggs as a full brownie mix, but more than just cookies. The other measurements are different, the texture when you mix it is different – but so so good.
If you are after a Crunchie cookie, these are 100% NOT the ones for you. These are designed to have a soft centre, and almost be cake like I guess you could say! The base mixture is so incredibly easy to make and you can just whack whatever you like inside them!
I went for white chocolate chips this time as I love how they look because of it, but you can use all dark, milk, white, chocolate orange, you can add some nuts etc! I just like the chocolate chips as it adds to the gooey texture.
You can see from the photos that they are softer cookies, and you can see how perfect they would be fresh out of the oven. I always have to say that cookies last a certain amount of time, but seriously these were eaten SO QUICKLY. You wouldn’t think that there’s only two people in our house.
Usually I give my bakes away to family, friends, or my husbands work colleagues… but these I didn’t want to share. You can find the recipe below! Any questions, leave a comment below! x
- 115 g Unsalted Butter/Stork
- 200 g White Granulated Sugar
- 50 g Cocoa Powder
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 175 g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 200-300 g Chocolate Chips/Chunks
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 5, and line two large trays with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter until liquid.
- Melt the butter until liquid. Add the melted butter, sugar and cocoa powder to a bowl, and beat for a couple of minutes.
- Add in your eggs and vanilla extract and beat again.
- Add in the plain flour, baking powder and salt and beat until a brownie looking cookie dough is formed.
- Add in the chocolate chips and fold through.
- Scoop/portion your batter onto the trays. A 5cm ice cream/cookie scoop works well as the mixture is quite soft!
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 10-12 minutes. They should spread slightly, but not too much.
- Once baked, let them cool slightly, but they are best enjoyed warm.
- You can use any type of chocolate chip in these. I used a mixture of milk and white chocolate.
- You can use light brown sugar, or dark brown sugar in place of the granulated sugar.
- These Cookie Scoops (affiliate link) are ideal for the job and have three sizes! I use the middle size for these cookies.
- These will last for 4-5 days after baking, but honestly they will be eaten before then.
Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.