*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Ready in 5 minutes, two delicious, easy, gooey, epic and super chocolatey microwave brownies for two people!
So it’s nearly valentines day… and whilst I have never been on to celebrate valentines in particular, it seems the perfect time to post this delicious new recipe! Microwave brownies for two!!
This recipe has been requested for such a long time, and I have deliciously enjoyed it many many times before sharing as I am selfish like that! It may look the same as my Triple Chocolate Microwave Cookies but the recipe is completely different!
This recipe is based on plain flour, cocoa powder, sugar, water, oil and vanilla extract… with a loaf of chocolate chips chucked in! It’s very easy to make (and I never like to call this a ‘mug cake’ as it’s for two!
I do make this in a small bowl first, and then just split the recipe between the two ramekins that I am using. It’s easier to mix in a bowl (use a small whisk) and then you won’t get any lumps of flour!
I found that using oil in the recipe (even though it sounds weird) resulted in the best brownie mixture compared to using melted butter! It also saved my having to melt the butter which was another step and takes more time.
With this recipe you add the dry ingredients (plain flour, light brown soft sugar and cocoa powder) into the bowl and combine those together with a brief whisk. Then, you add the water (which is just room temp, not boiled), the oil and vanilla extract if using!
Whisk the mixture together until its combined, there are no flour lumps, and then add the chocolate chips! I used 100g for two brownies, which is still quite a lot considering.
As the mixture is so liquid you would struggle to put larger bits of chocolate in without them sinking, so I find chips or small chunks that you have chopped work the best!
When microwaving it can be a bit hit and miss when you make them for the first time! All microwaves are different and will work differently. I find for the two brownies being microwave at the same time, it took two minutes/120 seconds.
It’s best to start at 90 seconds and see how it goes! You will be able to tell if they aren’t done enough as they will still just be liquid. Two minutes created a solid texture on top but still gooey and luscious.
I then served my microwave brownies for two with some ice cream – because brownies should always be served with ice cream in my opinion! These are easy, delicious and perfect for you and a loved one. Enjoy!!
Microwave Brownies for Two!
- 40 g Plain flour
- 75 g Light brown soft sugar (or caster sugar)
- 20 g Cocoa powder
- 45 ml Vegetable oil (or sunflower oil)
- 75 ml Water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- 100 g White/milk/dark chocolate chips
- Add the plain flour, light brown soft sugar and cocoa powder to a bowl and whisk together.
- Add the vegetable oil, water and vanilla extract and whisk again until smooth!
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix in, and split evenly between two microwave safe mugs/ramekins! I use ones 9cm wide, and 5cm deep.
- Microwave for 90-120 seconds, and keep an eye on it! Start at 90 seconds. I microwave mine until they are starting to look drier on top, but served warm they will be delicious.
- Serve with extra chocolate, ice cream or anything!
- I use two ramekins for these - they are 9cm x 5cm. Anything that size or bigger will work as the mixture filled the ramekins (but it doesn't rise).
- Best eaten warm and fresh.
- In my 1000W microwave, these took 120 seconds! Make sure to check after 90 seconds as ALL microwaves vary. And it still may take longer than two minutes.
- Inspired by Simply Recipes amazing recipe!
Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.