May 28, 2022
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Delicious white chocolate and M&M NYC Cookies, with a red, white and blue theme for the Jubilee weekend… Jubilee cookies!
And here we are again with another Jubilee bake… this time, Jubilee cookies!! Yes I know I know, maybe a bit red white and blue for some, but that’s the whole point right?! I can’t actually cope, they’re so good and so delicious!
I wanted to create a second Jubilee recipe for the platinum jubilee next weekend, and I thought what better than a cookie?! We all know how much I love my NYC Cookies and anything themed, so it seemed like the perfect chance to combine my two loves and make these Jubilee cookies!
Yesterday I shared my Jubilee trifle recipe and it was so popular – its one of many bakes being shared by many creators for the weekend that I understand you are all overloaded with choice already – so I am here to ruin that with yet another idea!
These cookies are very much based on my Christmas NYC Cookies, but adapted colour wise to suit the Jubilee. The main colour of the platinum jubilee is actually purple, but this is far too hard to achieve easily, so I went down the redraw white and blue idea for the colours of the UK flag instead.
I used white chocolate chips in the main base of the cookie recipe to have an element of ‘white’ in there, and also to bring some level of gooeyness to the cookie. NYC Cookies need to be gooey right?! I then did pick red and blue M&Ms out of packets until I had enough – if that isn’t dedication, I don’t know what is. Don’t worry, I’ll just eat the other colours.
I decided to also dunk my baked cookies in chocolate, just like the Christmas NYC Cookies because I thought it looked cute, and they do! Little sprinkles on top of the chocolate, the M&Ms and white chocolate chips poking out… they’re fun, easy and absolutely delicious! Find the recipe below! Enjoy x
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 175 g light brown soft sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 g plain flour
- 1 + 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 200 g white chocolate chips
- 100 g blue/red M&Ms (Picked out of multipacks)
- 150 g white chocolate
- blue/red/white sprinkles
- Add the unsalted butter and light brown soft sugar to a bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add in the egg and vanilal extract and beat again.
- Add in the plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and sea salt and beat until a cookie dough is formed!
- Add in the chocolate chips and M&Ms and beat until they're distributed well!
- Weigh the cookies out into eight cookie dough balls - they're about 120g each!
- Once they're rolled into balls, put your cookie dough in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, or in the fridge for an hour or so!
- Whilst the cookie dough is chilling, preheat your oven to 180C Fan, or 200C regular! If your oven runs hot, go for 160C-170c.
- Take your cookies out of the freezer/fridge and put onto a lined baking tray. I put four cookies per tray!
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 11-13 minutes. I don't personally flatten the cookies, as they flatten enough during baking - however, if you like flat cookies, flatten them a bit before baking.
- Once baked, leave them to cool on the tray fully.
- Once cooled, melt the white chocolate for the decoration, and then dunk each cookie halfway into the chocolate and rest on a lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle each cookie whilst still wet with blue, red and white sprinkles, and then leave to set fully.
- Once baked, these will last for 4-5+ days!
- You can freeze the raw, shaped cookie dough for 3+ months and bake straight from frozen (12-14 minutes).
- You can use chocolate bars chopped up instead of chocolate chips, just make sure the chunks aren't too big!
- If you want a lovely texture - you can add in 1 level tbsp of cornflour, and take out 25g of the flour!
- I used white chocolate on the decoration but you can use any.
- You can use any blue and red chocolate sweets, but I used M&Ms.
- If you want to make smaller cookies that are then not NYC style (60g) - they take about 9 minutes to bake!
Find my other recipes on my Recipes Page!
You can find me on:
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Hi, would smarties work instead of m&ms?
The smarties lost their colour 😢😢
Unfortunately this can happen if your oven runs hotter!
Would I be able to add food colouring to these if I wanted to make them blue?
Hi if I made to dough can I freeze it so I can a few at a time?
Hiya! Do you mean freeze and bake a few at a time? Yes you can indeed!
I want tk make some NYC coolies but use milk and white chocolate chips what recipe is the best
Hiya! Take a look at my chocolate chip NYC Cookie recipe. Hope this helps! x
I just wondered, can these be made with a combination of light brown sugar and granulated sugar as per your other cookie recipes? Also, do you think Reece’s peanut butter pieces would work instead of M&Ms?
Hiya! This should be fine, and I personally haven’t tried this but its definitely worth a go! x
Hi Jane, Love your recipes and website. I wanted to ask although you say these can be frozen raw and baked, can you freeze the cookies after they have been baked. Then decorated once defrosted? Thanks.
Yes absolutely you can! Hope this helps! x
Love this recipe, it makes the best cookies ever! If I wanted to make them chocolate cookies how do I adapt the recipe?
Ah yay! Take out 50g of flour, and add 35g of cocoa powder!!
How many packets of M&Ms did you buy to get 100g? X
About 3 of the regular sharing size!!
I’ve tried these 3 times now, I can’t get them to bake through at all. I’ve rolled them into balls exactly as the recipe says but once in the oven they only flatten out slightly, so the middle is raw while the outer is burning because I’ve had to leave them in so long. Any tips? Where am I going wrong?!
This DEFINITELY sounds like your oven is far too hot – lower the temp by at least 20ºc and try to roll the cookies as little as possible to they aren’t too tight!
Really looking forward to making these on the weekend but wondered where you found just blue red and white sprinkles? Also did you just separate the blue and red m&ms? Thank you!! X
I’ve had them for a while but many shops are selling them because of the Jubilee, like M&S I believe! And I did as mentioned on the post! x
Found the sprinkles at M&S and made them this evening! They are so yummy and perfect for the jubilee weekend! Thank you Jane for another wonderful recipe!
Hi Jane. These look scrumptious. I adore white chocolate so at the top of my ‘to do’ list. I’ll be popping out shortly to grab all the multi packets of M&S. 🤣🤣😋. Please could you add links for sprinkles and the white chocolate chips that are your preferred choice. Thank you for spreading deliciousness. 💕🧑🏻🍳