No-Bake Caramel Rolo Cheesecake!

Caramel creamy cheesecake filling on top of a delicious buttery biscuit base drizzled with an extra bit of caramel and packed full of Rolo’s – A delicious dessert perfect for every occasion!

As it is back to school/work after the Easter break I thought that I would create the perfect pick-me-up for the week – this deliciously indulgent No-Bake Cheesecake. It is seriously SO YUMMY. I have made a few No-Bake cheesecakes in my time now, as well as a scrumptious baked one, all of which can be found on my Recipes page – Here.

However, this is different in the sense that it isn’t based around chocolate for once – its delectably Caramel instead! Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE all cheesecake, especially the ones already on this blog, but I craved something different! I have also been having a Rolo craving a lot recently, which you might start to notice if you follow all of my posts!

No-Bake cheesecake’s are always easier to make than Baked Cheesecakes as its so much easier to prepare, you can do it well in advance of when you need/want the cheesecake, and they are so creamy and fluffy and delicious. This cheesecake has a lot of filling as I love it so much, but if you want to have a smaller one, then simply half the cheesecake filling ingredients!

This Cheesecake is so incredibly easy to make – simply crush the biscuits you want to use on the bottom and mix with the melted butter, leave to set whilst you make the rest. Cream together the cream cheese, vanilla, caramel, and sugar in an electric mixer to make sure its all combined well, then add the cream. Whisking until it creates a thick mousse like texture, adding in the chopped Rolo’s, and spreading over the scrummy biscuit base. SO EASY, and utterly delicious.

This recipe makes an 8″/20cm cheesecake – serves 12-15

– 300ml Double/Heavy cream
– 175g Rolo sweets, chopped up

Decorations
– Caramel drizzle – I use Carnations Caramel
– Rolo sweets
– Whipped cream

1) Blitz the biscuits in a food processor (or break up in another way, I am just lazy..) and mix the biscuits with the melted butter. Spread on the bottom of an 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin and press down firmly. Leave to set in the fridge whilst you make the rest!

2) Using an electric mixer, I use my KitchenAid with the whisk attachment, whisk together the cream cheeses, vanilla, icing sugar and caramel until smooth and lump free – this could take 30 seconds or so, I whisk it at a medium speed (level 6/10).

3) Pour into the mix the double cream and continue to whisk for a couple of minutes until its very thick and mousse like (I mix it on a medium-high speed, level 6/10) – Now this could take up to 3-4 minutes depending on your mixer, but you seriously have to stick at it – it will hold itself completely when finished mixing (like a meringue does!) If you don’t mix it enough it will not set well enough!

4) Chop the Rolos up into quarters and fold through the cheesecake filling. Spread over the biscuit base and leave to set in the fridge for 5-6 hours, or preferably overnight.

5) To decorate the cheesecake, top with a drizzle of caramel and whip up some spare cream with a touch of vanilla and pipe around the edge – sprinkle on some Rolo’s and chocolate pieces.

NOTE

If it looks like your cheesecake isn’t setting, or its a but sloppy, or you’re even not sure.. try it anyway. Try to set the mix anyway! If it still doesn’t set, freeze it and have an Ice Cream Cheesecake!

I seriously recommend using a 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin in this recipe and all my cheesecake recipes!

As I said in the ingredients list, I used half mascarpone and half Philadelphia for the cream cheese – this is because I find that the mascarpone lightens it slightly and gives it a much creamier taste! However you could easily make this cheesecake with 500g of all Philadelphia for example, or whatever cream cheese you like! You just have to make sure that it is Full-Fat cream cheese so you know its going to set!

I always set my cheesecakes in the fridge overnight otherwise they risk being a little runny still and slipping off the biscuit base but if you want to risk it then go for it! If you think its not setting, 99% of the time its because you didnt whip it enough! 🙂

I also love using a mix of biscuits on the base, I often use Foxs Golden Crunch Creams (not sure if they’re available elsewhere) but you could easily substitute them for Golden Oreos of any other biscuit you want!

Above is my Caramel Cheesecake mixture after I have finished whipping – you can see that when I lift the whisk out of the mix, it holds itself!

I have noted from comments from my followers that sometimes the mixture splits – this might be because you have mixed it for far far too long, once it reaches the stage above you should stop as it can’t thicken any further!  Also, I seriously recommend a Stand Mixer, or a Handheld Mixer on a medium-high speed! Mixers such as Handheld Blenders won’t work once you add the cream, it’ll curdle it!

P.s. Its Carameleescakey goodness!!

Find my other Cheesecake recipes on my Recipes Page!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

• Reply Day 1 of 12: Dairy Milk Caramel Cupcakes | Andrew in the Kitchen December 1, 2016 at 3:48 pm

[…] Jane’s Patisserie’s No-bake Caramel Rolo Cheesecake […]

• Reply Dani December 18, 2016 at 4:04 pm

Would it be fine to use 500g of mascapone?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie December 18, 2016 at 4:14 pm

• Reply Peter December 28, 2016 at 11:46 am

Made the Rolo Cheesecake this week. Perfect. Had to use condensed milk Dulce de Leche as I am in Canada and can’t get the tinned caramel. It works fine as it comes out real thick.
          Have to let it out for drizzling though.
          Thanks.

• Jane's Patisserie December 28, 2016 at 5:45 pm

Ah yay! I am so glad you found a way around it, and even I struggle to drizzle it sometimes so don’t worry! x

• Reply Lynn October 29, 2016 at 7:53 pm

Well, I did this for a charity night at a friends and it went down a treat. Absolutely delicious and was easy to make, thank you.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie October 29, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Oh thats amazing! I am so glad, and for such a good cause!

• Reply Kathleen Irwin October 28, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Made this cheesecake this morning ,there was half of it left at 5pm now its the quarter left.I think this shows you how popular it is in our house .

• Reply GMo October 9, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Do you whip cream before you add it to mixture?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie October 9, 2016 at 9:45 pm

No I do exactly as the recipe says, you pour it in liquid.

• Reply GMo October 9, 2016 at 10:42 pm

thanks!

• Reply Wafia September 20, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Hi Jane. To ensure that it sets, may one add gelatine? I also threw in a bit too much caramel.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie September 20, 2016 at 8:18 pm

You can if you wish – but yeah, more caramel really wouldn’t help haha

• Reply Wafia September 20, 2016 at 8:53 pm

no, I threw in too much caramel by accident at first, that’s why i added some gelatine. Thanks for the help, hoping it still comes out right, will check it in the morning.

• Reply Katie September 7, 2016 at 11:55 am

These cheesecakes look amazing! Whenever I make cheesecake, I’ve always whipped the cream first until it’s thick and then added it to the rest of the mixture, rather than whip it in with the mixture as your cheesecake recipes suggest. I’ve never had any huge failings although I’m no bake off candidate… so would both methods work equally as well?

Thank you!

Katie

• Reply Jane's Patisserie September 7, 2016 at 11:56 am

Yeah both methods work equally as well – I just do it in one as it saves the washing up and works best for me personally! x

• Reply Katie September 7, 2016 at 12:01 pm

Haha good point! Thank you 🙂 x

• Reply Tanu August 28, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Hi! I have two questions:
    1. Should all ingredients be at room temperature?
    2. Can I use homemade caramel sauce? Or dulche de leche?
    Thanks a ton!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 28, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Hiya! I use the cream cheese & cream at fridge temperature personally and have never had an issue! And if you use homemade caramel sauce, it might not set in the same way so its up to you if you want to risk it. Maybe use a dish with sides so the cheesecake won’t have to support itself? 🙂

• Reply Tanu August 28, 2016 at 1:31 pm

How about dulce de leche? You rhink that would work?

• Reply Tanu August 28, 2016 at 1:33 pm

And thanks for the prompt tesponse! Am trying to pull this off for a friend as a surprise treat. She has a specific love for No bake cheese cakes with salted caramel! Nothing else works!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 28, 2016 at 1:39 pm

I’m sure the dulce de leche should work as its still a thick caramel sauce – don’t add any more than the recipe recommends however! If the mixture doesn’t look very thick after making try it anyway as its deceptive – it can be frozen for a Frozen Cheesecake style dessert as well!

• Tanu August 28, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Thanks!

• Reply The best caramel recipes - Dinner with the Rollos August 19, 2016 at 10:38 pm

[…] No bake Rolo cheesecake […]

• Reply Sammie August 12, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Hellooo… So I’ve been a doughnut and over mixed the cheesecake mix….bit curdled…don’t suppose there is any way of rescuing it at this point?! Or do I just get up early and make a made dash to the shops for more ingredients! Thank yooou 🙂 xx

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 12, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Umm you could try it anyway, but freeze it instead and turn it into an ice-cream cheesecake?! Test it in the morning, if its okay then eat it that way! if not, pop for more ingredients! 🙂 xx

• Reply Sammie August 13, 2016 at 9:02 am

Thanks for your help! I went for more ingredients, far more success this morning! Thank you so much for this awesome recipe! Xx

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 20, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Melted butter is butter that as been melted in a microwave or Bain Marie. Rolos are a caramel sweet, the ones you can see in the photos

• Reply Nikki July 9, 2016 at 11:55 am

Hi Jane! Made the cheesecake last night actually left it in the fridge over night so it was in there at least 13 hours, however this morning I cut into it and the filling hasn’t set properly not sure why? I definitely used the correct ingredients and measurements but it came out far too soft and sloppy. Do you think this is likely due to the fact that I maybe didn’t mix it well enough or for long enough? Any tips pls advise as this was a trial run for a holiday come dine with me we are taking part in the week after next, we are being scored so need to get it right! Thanks!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 10, 2016 at 7:53 am

Yeah that’s most likely that you just didn’t quite whip it enough 🙂 I use a kitchenaid with the whisk attachment so I find it quite easy, sometimes hand held attachments can take a bit longer for example! Just be careful though, don’t push it too far! Hehe 🙂 xx

• Reply cj July 1, 2016 at 8:15 pm

hey! i am interested in making the role cheesecake and had a few questions. First is it a total of 500G of cream cheese and you just spit it between the Philadelphia and other cheese you mentioned? also in the biscuit ingredients it says 150g digestives i am not sure what that means. And what is icing sugar?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 3, 2016 at 8:59 pm

Yes, you can also just use 500g of Full-Fat Philadelphia. A Digestive is the British version of a Graham Cracker, and Icing sugar is the finest sugar you can buy, a powdered sugar 🙂

• Reply Kayleigh June 16, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Looks so good! I love Rolo’s so this is right up my street, do you think that I could change the ingredients to lactose free alternatives? Thanks!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie June 16, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Hiya! Ohh I adore rolos too! And I reckon you could, but I have never tried it – maybe try it in a dish with sides, just in case it doesn’t set so well? Either way I’m sure it’ll still taste yummy!! x

• Reply wendy Allen June 27, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Not happy I printed off recipe and ended up with 30 sheets of paper with comments on as well !!!!!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie June 27, 2016 at 6:20 pm

You should always check print selection before you print something, sorry you had troubles 🙂

• Reply Kathie October 12, 2016 at 9:38 am

Jane where can I find the caramel for this recipe c

• Reply Pat Monte May 31, 2016 at 6:22 pm

This sounds divine, but we don’t go by grams in the US. Any chance you could send me the recipe with US measurements? Thanks so much!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie June 2, 2016 at 8:25 pm

Thank you! You can find a chart to help you convert my recipe on my helpful tips page, or google it ☺️ I recommend investing in a digital set of scales so you can do grams too.

• Reply Bente April 15, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Hi, just wanted to let you know that a Danish magasin has releaced your receipe as their own. With your pictures aswell.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie April 15, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Thank you! I have emailed them asking them to remove it – my Danish isn’t any good though! Thank you so so much!

• Reply Bente April 17, 2016 at 10:37 am

Your welcome. I think they just used google translate. The receipe is a direct translation from yours. Maybe the the page for other pictures – they copy a lot :/
        In Denmark you can ask them to remove the pictures and also ask for payment since they misused your pictures and materiale.

• Reply Bente April 17, 2016 at 10:42 am

And if you need assistance this Company helps protect your rights http://not-allowed.dk

• Jane's Patisserie April 17, 2016 at 9:12 pm

Thank you so so much! You really are so lovely! I emailed them and asked them to remove it so hopefully they will reply soon or take it down! Thank you 🙂 x

• Reply Top 10 Tips for Blogging with Jane's Patisserie! - Knead to Dough April 12, 2016 at 12:02 pm

[…] There is nothing worse then getting as far as I have with my most popular recipe for example, my No-Bake Caramel Rolo Cheesecake, and finding out that someone has copied and pasted it, and is pretending its theirs! Its […]

• Reply Angela April 10, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Hi, used your recipe today for my first ever attempt at making a cheesecake. Thanks for the fab instructions. Everyone said it was scrummy 😋

• Reply Jane's Patisserie April 11, 2016 at 9:46 am

Oooh I am SO glad I was your first cheesecake and that you liked it! Thank you!!

• Reply Emma Stevens April 8, 2016 at 8:40 pm

I made this recently and it was absolutely gorgeous! I am a big cheesecake lover and this scored very highly! Was also a very easy recipe to follow…thank you!

• Reply Caroline March 27, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Hi i recently made this recipe and the cheesecake filling didn’t turn out right instead it turned out in a curdled mixture(not meringue like) and i followed the recipe how it is an used all the ingredients needed for that filling what should i do now

• Reply Jane's Patisserie March 27, 2016 at 12:05 pm

That means you over whipped it and took it too far, so you can do it again but whip it less, and and a slower speed to prevent it happening again x

• Reply Verity Ferguson March 26, 2016 at 7:50 pm

That was amazing! Changed it just a little – added Malteasers and Thornton’s fudge to the cheese mix, used salted caramel ice cream sauce as Asda didn’t have carnation caramel, and used a mix of Foxes crunchy biscuits for the base – ginger was really good with the very sweet topping – but my friends gave it A* and 5 of them took the day off their diet to eat it!!

• Reply jenny March 26, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Have just made this and its looking good but too much filling. Can I freeze the leftover mixture ?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie March 27, 2016 at 9:28 am

If you have too much filling you didn’t use a deep enough tin (I recommend getting one as all of my bakes use them, they’re useful!) but you can freeze it – however if you freeze it immediately after making, it might go runny once thawed as it didn’t set prior to going in the freezer 🙂

• Reply wendy March 24, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Aargh. I have just made this and put the whole tin of caramel in by mistake! Do you think it will set?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie March 24, 2016 at 2:26 pm

Oooh it might be a tad sloppy I won’t lie – but if it doesn’t, you could freeze it slightly to firm it up? Or turn it into a “frozen cheesecake” so it’ll be ice cream like? ☺️ let me know how you get on!!

• Reply wendy March 24, 2016 at 2:28 pm

Thank you, am sure it will taste good 🙂

• Reply Sarh March 23, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Could you use extra thick double cream? I’m looking at double cream and extra thick double cream in Sainsbury’s and wondering which might be better!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie March 23, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Double would be best as you’re whipping it, the extra double will just loosen anyway and then might not whip as well (as it’s not designed to whip really) x

• Reply Leona hebert March 7, 2016 at 12:05 am

I don’t have any idea what’s double cream and carnation caramel?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie March 7, 2016 at 7:45 am

Double Cream is a thick 45% liquid cream that you can whip up to make whipped cream – so anything like heavy cream or whipping cream (as long as its full-fat and a minimum of 35% fat it should work)

Carnations Caramel is a thick caramel condensed milk caramel that you can buy in a tin in the UK – anything similar is good, such as dulce de leche or similar would work too!

• Reply My Favourite Recipe Blog Posts of 2015 | Blissfully Scrumptious December 30, 2015 at 3:28 pm

[…] recipes but these stood out for me as they sound really healthy and yet look so scrumptious! 3. No Bake Caramel Rolo Cheesecake by Jane’s Patisserie ‘Caramel creamy cheesecake filling on top of a delicious buttery biscuit base drizzled with an […]

• Reply Oh Yeah! I need more of this! | Adephagia Cakes December 2, 2015 at 8:40 am

[…] and I made one of the best tasting cheesecakes thanks to Jane’s Patisserie Blog and her Rolo Caramel Cheesecake. Check out her Blog especially if you love […]

• Reply Miracles Of Life November 30, 2015 at 3:56 am

Soo yummy !!!

• Reply B November 19, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Any ideas for substitions for double cream?? I’m not sure is sold in NS , do you know the brand name ?

• Reply tanyaeltringham@gmail.com November 16, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Loving this recipe… Me thinks I’ll add it to the Christmas dinner list..

• Reply alex November 15, 2015 at 11:30 am

Fantastic recipe thank you very much☺

• Reply Kate November 14, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Trying this tonight just had a little thought, I have quite deep 3″ PME cake tins and wondered how you suggest getting the cheesecake out after its all set and finished.
    Thank you love your blog it’s so lovely!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie November 14, 2015 at 1:23 pm

As I use springform tins it helps it along that way – but maybe put some partchment paper around the edge and then peel it off? And thank you!! 🙂

• Reply blouw2idget November 13, 2015 at 7:46 am

Please help..my mixture didnt thicken enough I beat it for about 5 mins now its seems floppy and grainy..can I fix it?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie November 13, 2015 at 7:48 am

I think you’ve actually overbeaten it and now it’s split – if you didn’t use the right fat content ingredients, or you beat it too quick (chances are its that) then that’s probably why – apologies!

• Reply Donna November 12, 2015 at 9:59 pm

what is the convertion of gs and ml? I use cups and teaspoons and pounds.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie November 12, 2015 at 10:00 pm

I’m sorry but I don’t do measurements in cups as I find it an unreliable method – but you can try and convert them online! 😊 and I really recommend investing in an electric scale (they’re not too expensive) as they can convert for you 😊

• Reply Pam November 12, 2015 at 9:38 am

I’m not a baker but would love to try this. Can you give me instructions for the extra vanilla cream for the decoration part? Thanks

• Reply Ann Dean November 11, 2015 at 8:27 pm

I sometimes use McVitie ginger nut biscuits for my basis

• Reply Ashley November 6, 2015 at 5:52 am

WHOA Really cool I want that for my birthday

• Reply No bake Caramel Rolo Cheesecake | Easy cook November 4, 2015 at 9:26 am

[…] Read more here. […]

• Reply Sarah Hunt October 27, 2015 at 4:17 pm

If using Oreo biscuits, or Foxes golden crunch, do you use the cream filling of the biscuit as well for the base or do you scrape this out of the biscuit!!!

• Reply charline17Charline October 15, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Hello Jane Thank you for the awesome recipe. I actually tried it twice, because the first time round it didn’t set well because I used fresh cream instead of double cream as I couldn’t find it at my local store. I then noticed that the filling was quite soft and I knew instantly that this was because of the cream. The second time round I researched where they sold double cream and I found it and used it and my cheese cake, came out super awesome. Thank you

• Reply Jane's Patisserie October 16, 2015 at 10:01 am

Ohh yay! I am so glad it turned out so well the second time! I’m happy you enjoyed it 🙂 X

• Reply Pat October 9, 2015 at 6:59 am

I made this for my nieces birthday..it was so good!! I used biscuits I made myself ( I’m coeliac and sometimes I have the odd disaster- I blitz and freeze them to use for cheesecake bases- I hate waste!). It was devoured in minutes!! I got the scraps at the end! Thank you so much for your lovely recipes..going to try the toblerone one one next!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie October 9, 2015 at 10:09 am

Yay! I’m so glad you could still enjoy it!! And the toblerone one is also amazing – enjoy!

• Reply Jennifer Gittinhs October 7, 2015 at 1:01 am

Hi what is double cream I never see it in the supermarket and carnation caramel is this in a tin is it like caramel condensed milk ?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie October 7, 2015 at 10:16 am

What country do you live in? 🙂 Caranation is a brand that sells condensed milk, evaporated milk, Caramel, and Chocolate sauces – I use the Carnations Caramel (But as it says you can also use dulce de leche) and Double cream is double cream? It depends where you’re from what the equivalent is! 🙂

• Reply Nickie November 10, 2015 at 3:53 pm

Hi, not sure where you are from, but double cream is similar to heavy or whipping cream in the states (double cream has a higher fat content and is not heat treated in the same way). For the caramel use dulce de leche 🙂 Hope this helps.

• Reply annie October 5, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Had anyone converted this to cups? Know a thing about grams. And what are digestive?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie October 6, 2015 at 9:12 pm

You can use google to translate the amounts to cups if you like – and digestives are biscuits, you can use such things as graham crackers instead! 🙂 (Sorry its not in cup measurements, but I find cups so unreliable! I’d recommend investing in an electric scale so it’ll be easier!)

• Reply Charlotte October 2, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Hello, I’m making this tonight for my Mum’s birthday tomorrow. I don’t have an electric whisk though, only a handheld manual one. Will this still work? Do you think I should put gelatin in?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie October 2, 2015 at 3:44 pm

I don’t think it’ll work without one I’m afraid – you could whisk it up as best as possible, but it won’t get to the thickness to hold itself, so you’ll have to put it I a dessert dish 🙂 or if you can work out how to put the Gelatin in to make it work then definitely try!

• Reply Kylie September 24, 2015 at 7:27 am

I made this for my boyfriend’s birthday and it was super yummy! 😀
    I’m not sure if I didn’t whisk it up quite enough though because it was pretty soft. I decided to try freezing it and it turned out very well. Almost like cream cheesy caramel ice cream! I would definitely recommend others try it if their’s turns out too soft. 🙂

• Reply Jane's Patisserie September 24, 2015 at 10:31 am

Ahh yay! Sometimes it can just set a little soft if its not whisked, but I’m glad it worked out in the end!! 🙂

• Reply Kat September 20, 2015 at 6:39 pm

That looks absolutely fabulous and my mouth is watering already.
    I’d love to make it but I’m terrible at baking and don’t have the equipment either!
    One thing though, can you make it for vegetarians who are dairy intolerant?
    Thanks for sharing your recipes even to those of us who are baking sensitive!
    Kat

• Reply Jane's Patisserie September 21, 2015 at 8:53 am

Thanks Kat! If you’re afraid of it such as it not setting, make it into a trifle dish or bowl or something, then it won’t matter if it doesn’t set!! 🙂 And I have never tried, over the next couple of weeks I am working on dairy free cheesecake recipes – but you can try it yourself first! I wouldn’t know if it will hold as firm however!! x

• Reply june hay September 15, 2015 at 1:46 pm

can you freeze this cheesecake?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie September 15, 2015 at 2:00 pm

I’m afraid I am not sure – I know people have partially frozen it to make it set quicker – but I have never tried to freeze it entirely 🙂

• Reply Jessica Page September 14, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Made this a few days and it was AMAZING!! I’m known for my runny, sloppy cheesecakes but this set perfectly!! All I can say is that I would have loved if you had wrote in the ingrediants 300ml cream plus extra for topping, or similar. Cause I bought a 300ml tub exactly so it obviously wasent enougjt to make the swirls like yours. Thankyou though 🙂 x

• Reply Jane's Patisserie September 15, 2015 at 1:28 pm

I’m so glad it worked out so well!! I tend to leave decoration ideas up to others to decide which is why I don’t state an amount, as some people like none, more, or loads! I’ve made it before and used the cheesecake mix to decorate 😄 x

• Reply marion phelan August 18, 2015 at 9:37 pm

looks fabulous.
    I will def make it.
    thanks for making it .
    and thanks for sharing.

• Reply heather August 15, 2015 at 8:58 pm

Made this today, the filling is delicious, needless to say I licked the spoon clean. Cannot wait until tomorrow when we can have it for dessert after Sunday dinner, or maybe should have it instead of dinner…. Haha

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 15, 2015 at 9:15 pm

Hahah I’m glad you liked it so much 😉 I like to attempt to encourage healthy diets… so maybe have dinner first, then two slices?! haha Enjoy! 🙂

• Reply heather August 16, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Had two slices, a small one at breakfast just to make sure it was ok to serve to the family after dinner, then the second after dinner with everyone else. It went down a treat, clean plates all round, only problem is there is still some left so more to have tomorrow!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 17, 2015 at 9:09 am

I wouldn’t call that last part a problem 😉 haha Im glad it went down so well!

• Reply Samah August 13, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Hi,
    Thanx alot for this recipe…It looks really yummy ..but do you have a video for it?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 13, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Hiya – unfortunately I don’t – I don’t have any videos for my recipes 🙂

• Reply Sonia August 10, 2015 at 6:55 am

Oh I will definitely be trying this. I make a mars bar cheesecake the same way but I have always whipped the cream separately and then folded it into the cream cheese mix. I will try it your way the next time (will help cut down on the cleaning too!)

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 10, 2015 at 7:35 am

I do whip it separately sometimes, but because the caramel is so liquidy and softer in comparison to the chocolate I’m not sure it would have the right consistency if it’s done separately haha 🙂 might try it soon!!

• Reply Ann August 2, 2015 at 7:53 am

I made this today and am just waiting for it to set. I think I may have over whipped the mix. It seemed to be nice and thick and I thought I’d give it another minute but it then lost its ‘bulk’. Hopefully it will set ok, if not we’ll still eat it.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 2, 2015 at 8:27 pm

ooh okay, sorry about that! I hope you still like it though! 🙂

• Reply Diane July 27, 2015 at 9:48 pm

Following up after I made this wonderful, ooey, gooey, mound of sweetness! I used the heavy cream that didn’t go through the UHT process here in the states and I’m thrilled to say that it stood its ground pretty well. I don’t think it looks quite as mousse-like as your pics but it was able to be let loose from the spring form pan and kept its shape. I made one notation on my recipe; after cutting the rolos into quarters it would be good to separate them prior to adding them in to the cheese cake filling. I had many that stayed whole or as doubles – not that anyone was complaining mind you! This is a super easy, fairly quick recipe, thanks so much for sharing your efforts!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 27, 2015 at 10:09 pm

I’m glad it worked! And ohh okay – the way I cut them makes them all separate anyway so I guess it depends how you do it! 🙂

• Reply Diane July 24, 2015 at 5:06 pm

I live in the states, since I don’t have double cream available to me I’m going to attempt to use heavy cream that hasn’t been through the UHT process. I have one final question before I move forward, though trivial I wanted to ask – is the butter used salted or unsalted?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 24, 2015 at 6:49 pm

It should be fine – but it might not be quite as set as mine because Heavy cream has a lower fat content too 🙂 and it really doesn’t matter if its salted or unsalted – some people use salted as its caramel, but I use whatever I had handy!

• Reply Diane July 24, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Yeah, that’s my worry that it won’t set as nicely. No choice here to get double cream unless I order it online and I’d like to make it tomorrow night for a Sunday BBQ. Plan B is to serve it like a trifle if it’s too loose. Also the Dulce de Leche I found has chocolate in it, thought that won’t be a bad idea so I picked it up since we also don’t have Carnations Caramel. Thanks for the info on the butter! 😉

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 24, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Yeah I would suggest the trifle dish for now, and if you find it does hold itself you know it will next time? You probably won’t be able to tell how set it’ll be till you get it out the cake tin so if you definitely want it to look nice then use the trifle dish 😛
          And that sounds delicious so thats good! Enjoy! And let me know how it goes! 🙂

• Reply KarenH July 17, 2015 at 5:41 pm

I made one on Wednesday which was a little soft – I didnt whisk the double cream in long enough – I’m making another one this evening for a 21st birthday party tomorrow – I’ll have more patience and whisk for at least 5 mins before pouring over the base and leaving to set overnight. It tasted divine even though it was soft 🙂

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 17, 2015 at 6:32 pm

Haha I completely understand – the first time it is a little intimidating to just whip something up so much – but as long as you know when to stop it it’ll be fine! 🙂 The mixture can only whip so much so as soon as you see it not really thickening any more then it should be fine! 🙂 I hope you like it!!

• Reply Jennifer July 17, 2015 at 7:52 pm

Can whipping it too much also cause it to not set right? I whipped a double batch for 10 minutes at fastest speed setting on my handheld mixer. Was that too much?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 17, 2015 at 9:02 pm

Whipping it too much would mean it would’ve split if that makes sense? You’d be able to tell its gone manky, but I’ve never had a problem otherwise! 🙂

• Jennifer July 17, 2015 at 9:18 pm

That makes sense — thanks! Mine didn’t split — it set too soft. However, that was probably due to the fact that I couldn’t get double cream and had to use heavy cream. In my case, I found that keeping it frozen and letting a slice thaw for just a few minutes resulted in a really good consistency. Everyone said it was delicious! Thanks for the recipe. 🙂

• Jane's Patisserie July 17, 2015 at 9:38 pm

Yeah it was probably just under whipped or because heavy cream has a smaller fat content (as far as I’m aware..) that might be why? But if serving it like that works then yay!! Hehe and I’m glad it went down well! 🙂

• Reply mousenightshirt July 6, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Have made this once after seeing it on Facebook – top notch stuff, went down like a treat! In fact, so well, I’m making it for the in-laws tomorrow!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 6, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Ohh yay!! I’m so glad! And I seriously hope they like it too haha

• Reply Jennifer June 27, 2015 at 10:25 pm

Saw your recipe on Facebook – it looks divine! I have a question, though — I can’t get double cream in the US. If I use heavy cream (which is 36-38% fat vs. double cream’s 48%), will I probably end up with a cheesecake that doesn’t set? If so, do you know any other substitutions that will work? Thanks!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie June 28, 2015 at 8:03 am

Hiya! I’ve just been doing some research and I’m not sure if anything is is available – however you could try setting it in a dish for example to see if it sets so that if it doesn’t you can still eat it, but it won’t go everywhere – or you can risk it (but it’ll taste yummy either way!) 🙂 hope this makes sense! X

• Reply Jennifer June 28, 2015 at 2:16 pm

That does make sense — I will try that. Thanks!

• Reply Kaye T September 28, 2015 at 10:18 pm

Hi I also live in the UK (although I’m a Brit) and made it the day before to set it overnight in the fridge. The next day I took it out of the springform tin to decorate and it looked great however after two hours in the fridge it started to collapse so I popped it in the freezer! I hadn’t thought of the difference in the fat content of the cream. I would certainly still make it again and it was yummy but I wouldn’t take it out of the tin until serving. 🙂

• Reply Jane's Patisserie September 28, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Oh I’m sorry about that – I’ve never had this issue, maybe it wasn’t quite thick enough? Unless you mean you didn’t use full fat then that explains it! Haha 🙂 Or you can serve it in a dessert dish so it doesn’t have to set perfectly!

• Reply Becky June 26, 2015 at 9:40 am

Looks amazing and I’m making it for a BBQ tomorrow, quick question….golden Oreos….it doesn’t affect the base with the Oreo filling? I have visions of me scraping the middle from the Oreos 😆

• Reply Jane's Patisserie June 26, 2015 at 9:51 am

Noo I don’t bother 🙂 makes it bind better if anything! And I hope you like it!

• Reply Becky July 2, 2015 at 8:11 pm

This was awesome and devoured….only thing I got to take home was the empty dish….lovely thank you! Ps. I used half amount of rolos and half amount of munchies…delish 😊

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 2, 2015 at 8:15 pm

Ohh yay I am so glad!! And the combination of Rolos & Munchies sounds delicious!

• Reply Sam June 21, 2015 at 10:47 pm

I saw this recipe on Facebook last week and just had to make it…
    OMG truly amazing
    Love your recipes

• Reply Janet McGregor June 21, 2015 at 12:52 pm

I have made this for my husband’s Father’s day pudding, everyone’s very excited

• Reply Jane's Patisserie June 21, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Awwwh haha yay! I’m so Glad! I hope everyone likes it 🙂

• Reply Abi June 8, 2015 at 6:38 pm

This was delicious and instructions were so easy to follow thank you! How long does it keep for as we couldn’t eat it all!??

• Reply Jane's Patisserie June 8, 2015 at 7:39 pm

Ohh yay I’m glad you liked it! And 3 days, covered, in the fridge 🙂

• Reply Lyndsey June 7, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Made this and I don’t think it has set. Followed it exactly to the recipe and whisked it until it was like meringue (15 mins) and then left it almost 24 hours in the fridge. Removed it and it’s all runny. Not sure what to do now? 😢

• Reply Jane's Patisserie June 7, 2015 at 1:57 pm

Oh noo! Did you use full fat creamcheese? And did you put it all in the mixer at once, or out most in then the cream after? I’m so sorry it hasn’t worked 🙁
      Try transferring to little dishes maybe and still have it?

• Reply Lyndsey June 7, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Yes used full fat cream cheese and mixed first with mascarpone. Then put the double cream in after. I’ve put it in the freezer but it’s still not set. Still had some though and it was yummy, just had to eat it quick haha!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie June 7, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Ohh I really don’t know then I’m afraid – I can’t understand why it didn’t even set in the freezer! Did you use the sugar and caramel too?
          I am really sorry it didn’t work!! I hope I havent scared you off my recipes!!
          My mix every time I make it is so thick that its almost set in the mixing bowl, so it might be the mixer you use?
          xx

• Reply Gill james June 6, 2015 at 11:57 am

I’ve made this today and I’m now thinking I haven’t whisked it enough, I really hope it sets for my bbq tonight ahhhhhh I added a few extra bits as well like grated chocolate in the mixture and a thin layer of caramel over the biscuit. I’m really looking forward to this tonight. Fingers crossed

• Reply Jane's Patisserie June 6, 2015 at 12:51 pm

If it doesn’t look like its setting quick enough then bung it in the freezer quickly – good luck though haha I usually do mine overnight!! I hope it goes okay!! 🙂

• Reply Carrie Schofield June 1, 2015 at 6:47 pm

What size tin would you need for half the quantity?

• Reply Jane's Patisserie June 1, 2015 at 9:40 pm

I use the same size and just make it thinner, or I use a 6″ tin 🙂 x

• Reply rebecca May 31, 2015 at 2:53 pm

I’ve just made this and is in the fridge as we speak! Can’t wait to try it later x

• Reply kayleigh clark May 30, 2015 at 1:40 pm

Made this cake and it went down a treat with all my family. Just wanted to know how long it would keep in the fridge ? X

• Reply lesley barrett May 25, 2015 at 8:12 pm

made this today with my daughter, filling was delicious – we scrapped the bowl, lol – n waiting very impatiently for it to all set, will let u know how ours turned out later, thanks for the recipe!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 25, 2015 at 9:26 pm

Ohh haha I am not surprised! I struggle to wait all of the time! And i hope you love it! 🙂 x

• Reply lorna May 24, 2015 at 5:14 pm

just made this im going to have to go to bed early hee hee so i dont eat it now it looks yummy xxx

• Reply Valarie May 24, 2015 at 2:08 pm

Made this and it was delicious! Easy to make. Just hard to wait while it was setting in the fridge.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 24, 2015 at 2:11 pm

I am so glad it worked and was delicious!! I always *accidentally* leave some mix over so I can eat it 😉 so yummy!

• Reply Dan May 24, 2015 at 1:08 pm

What’s the nutritional value per slice? Just so I can enjoy a cheat meal at the end of the week!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 24, 2015 at 1:09 pm

I’m afraid I have no idea! It’s definitely very indulgent however! Sorry I couldn’t help 🙂

• Reply Tracey May 23, 2015 at 8:19 pm

I’m going to make this now…..just one question do I save some of the caramel to decorate with or do I make it.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 23, 2015 at 8:25 pm

If you’re using carnations or dulce de Leche the can/jar has too much in it, so you put the directed amount that’s written in the recipe cheesecake filling ingredients into the cheesecake, then use spare to decorate with how you please 🙂

• Reply Kim August 15, 2015 at 9:29 pm

Hi I’ve just made this so its now setting over night I just wondered do u melt the left over caramel to get the pattern on the cheese cake I got the condensed caramel? Thanks

• Reply Jane's Patisserie August 15, 2015 at 9:31 pm

Is it the carnations caramel in the can? I literally just drizzle it over the top 🙂 If you mix it around with a spoon it’ll loosen – no need to microwave!

• Reply Sam May 22, 2015 at 2:41 pm

I’ve made this for a dinner party tonight it looks and smells divine. Next time I’m going to top it with bananas and turn it into a banoffee cheesecake. Will definitely be making more of your recipes.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 22, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Awwh thank you! I wanted to make a banoffee cheesecake soon too haha 🙂 and I really hope everyone likes it! And please do!! X

• Reply Tara May 22, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Hi, this looks amazing, am just about to go shopping for the ingredients! Just checking- this doesn’t need gelatine? I usually put gelatine in my no bake cheesecakes & really don’t want to mess this one up!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 22, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Hi Tara!
      None of my no-bake cheesecakes use gelatine actually – I can see why it would be easier to set, but with the way I make it being to whip the cream cheese/caramel etc till smooth, then pouring in the double cream and continuing to whip, it ends up being a very thick mousse and holds itself (like meringue) so it sets itself after a night in the fridge 🙂 I prefer not to use gelatine so it’s vegetarian friendly haha 🙂 hope this helps! x

• Reply Janet Simms May 22, 2015 at 12:36 pm

How do you make your caramel

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 22, 2015 at 12:43 pm

I don’t, as stated in the recipe i use Carnations Caramel which is tinned, or Dulce de Leche 🙂 if you make normal caramel it will be far too runny, the Carnations/dulce de Leche is thicker.

• Reply Janet Simms May 22, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Thank you Jane.
        I will look for the Caramel you suggested. Lovely sweet for our bank holiday.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 22, 2015 at 1:11 pm

Lovely! The carnations is found with Condensed Mill & Evaporated milk near the baking Isle (if you’re in the UK!) and the Dulce de Leche can be found near ice cream cones etc quite often 🙂

• Reply Sam May 22, 2015 at 2:39 pm

I bought the Carnation Caramel in Waitrose today it was with the tinned fruit and maple syrup 😀

• Reply Jean Buckley September 8, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Have made several always a winner with all ages .love it xx

• Reply Emma Cook May 20, 2015 at 7:14 pm

I’m going to make this with my daughter. We are both drooling looking at the picture.😊

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 20, 2015 at 7:39 pm

Oh yay that makes me so happy! I hope you both love it 🙂 x

• Reply pam May 20, 2015 at 10:45 am

Oh yumm I am definitly going to make this. My mum use to make Mars bar cheesecake and we can’t find the recipie so this will be the same sort of thing

• Reply Claire Huston May 12, 2015 at 9:25 am

What everyone else said about it looking delicious AND it’s no bake! Brilliant!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 12, 2015 at 9:31 am

Haha thank you so much! This is definitely the most popular recipe on my blog! 🙂

• Reply Gwen Watson May 1, 2015 at 7:44 pm

This cheesecake variation has just the right amount of caramel! It doesn’t overpower the cheesecake flavor at all. Using the Rolos as a garnish compliments the cheesecake perfectly. Shaved white chocolate would also work well here as a garnish.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 1, 2015 at 8:40 pm

Ohh thank you Gwen!! Haha, I love the caramel amount in this because you still get the flavour of the caramel without it being a sloppy mess! And that would be delicious!

• Reply Manar April 28, 2015 at 6:28 am

Looks delicious 😍
    May you do me a favor i put pic of all ingredients to make it easier to me to understand 🌹.
    Thank you.

• Reply Dimple@shivaaydelights April 27, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Looks great!!!

• Reply Jo Blogs April 26, 2015 at 6:35 pm

Ohhhhhh! More beauty! The photographs and the cheesecake look sublime! Bravo Jane. I’d need to run a marathon if I made this though, as I’d eat it all lol

• Reply Jane's Patisserie April 26, 2015 at 6:42 pm

I’m currently doing 3 different 30-day exercise programs to burn off all the baking haha! And thank you so so much!

• Reply Sugar Smile April 25, 2015 at 9:23 am

Oh my goodness! This looks insanely delicious! You are very talented 🙂

• Reply stephysweetbakes April 25, 2015 at 12:18 am

Hi Jane, letting you know I’ve nominated you for the Real Neat Blog Award, check out the post, I’m almost done lol 😉

• Reply Frances April 24, 2015 at 9:26 pm

This sounds and looks quite decadent!

• Reply Jessica W April 23, 2015 at 7:20 pm

I need to make this!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie April 23, 2015 at 7:28 pm

Yay please do!! I really hope you like it!! 🙂 (let me know how it goes if you do make it!) x

• Reply Being Lauren April 23, 2015 at 1:00 pm

That looks amazing!

• Reply rumblingtumkaty April 23, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Wow, that looks seriously divine!

• Reply rheawarren April 23, 2015 at 11:52 am

Oh.My.Goodness 😻

• Reply Whisked Away April 23, 2015 at 11:06 am

Ohhhh yummmmm!!! This looks absolutely divine!

• Reply Jane's Patisserie April 23, 2015 at 11:40 am

Thank youuuuu!! 🙂

• Reply sam May 23, 2015 at 8:07 pm

I followed every step but mine split.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 23, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Did you use full fat cream cheese? And cream?
          It might be that the ingredients were too warm or the ingredients were off?

• Reply Alison May 21, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Do u whip the cream first or just pour in to mixture and whisk until thick

• Reply Jane's Patisserie May 21, 2015 at 4:08 pm

I whip up the cream cheese, caramel, vanilla and sugar until it’s smooth, then pour the cream straight into it and it’ll whip it up then 🙂 gets a smoother consistency 🙂