Light, Hazelnutty & Chocolatey Cupcakes, with Kinder Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, and Kinder Bueno make the most delicious Kinder Bueno Cupcakes ever!
Last year I posted my recipe for my Nutella Cupcakes and they’ve always been a great success with my friends and family. I’ve been asked a few times to post something Nutella-y, but something a little different. I’ve always adored Kinder Bueno as its just so good. When I make my Nutella Fudge, I often use Kinder Bueno on top, and its perfect. Using a light and chocolatey cupcake sponge, with some Sweet Hazelnut & Chocolate flavouring, topped with some Kinder Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. Obviously, then came the Kinder.
When Foodie Flavours sent me some of their new flavours I knew I would like them as the others I have tried in the past are just amazing and I am not saying that for more freebies. Honestly, if I didn’t like something, I would be honest about it! As this flavouring really was so damn delicious.. I seriously recommend it. It wasn’t full on nutty and a bit eurgh which can sometimes be too much for some people, it was just the right amount. It gave the cupcakes an extra kick of chocolateyness with the hint of the sweet nutty flavour in the background. Obviously, you can just use vanilla extract in its place if you wish, but I’m glad I used this!
I decided to use a similar cupcake sponge to my Honeycomb Crunchie Cupcakes, as I just adore the recipe. They’re so light, with a slight hint of a caramel flavour from the Light Brown Sugar. With the Foodie Flavours flavouring, its just heavenly. As much as I have posted this basic cupcake recipe a few times now, the buttercream is new. And oh my, I just can’t cope with how delicious they are. I wasn’t sure if using Kinder Chocolate bars in the buttercream would actually work or not, but they did! If you don’t want to use them, you can just use 100g of Nutella instead! But seriously, if you’re a Kinder fan then try it! (I used these Kinder Chocolate Bars for reference)
I used Kinder Bueno on the top of the cupcakes as I adore them, but you can use more of the Kinder Chocolate, or even some Ferrero Rocher… or even anything else you fancy! Honestly, if you are a chocolatey, hazelnutty fan then these are ideal for you! Enjoy!
This recipe makes 12 cupcakes!
– 175g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
– 175g Light Brown Sugar
– 3 Large Eggs
– 140g Self-Raising Flour
– 35g Cocoa Powder
– 1/2tsp (25 drops) Foodie Flavours Sweet Hazelnut & Chocolate flavouring
– 2-3tbsps Whole Milk
Nutella Buttercream Frosting
– 150g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
– 300g Icing Sugar, sifted
– 100g Kinder Chocolate Bars, chopped
– Kinder Bueno
– Chocolate Sprinkles
1) Preheat your oven to 170C/160CFan and Line a 12 Hole Muffin Tray with Large Cupcake Cases/Muffin Cases
2) Cream together the Butter and Light Brown Sugar with an electric beater till smooth – add in the Eggs, Flour, Cocoa Powder, Sweet Hazelnut & Chocolate Flavouring, and beat again till combined on a Medium Speed.
3) Once combined it might still be a little stiff, so loosen with the Whole Milk – using Whole Milk is important as lower fat milks might make the mixture split slightly! 🙂
4) Spoon into your Cases and Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through! Leave to cool on a wire rack.
5) Once the cakes are cool, make the frosting – Melt the Kinder Chocolate Bars in the microwave on a low/medium heat until smooth – leave to cool. Beat the room temperature butter until smooth. Add in the Icing Sugar 1/3 at a time, making sure the sugar is fully incorporated until moving on! I use my KitchenAid for Frostings as the machine can make it so much lighter and fluffier!
6) Once all of the Sugar is in the Frosting mix, keep on beating the Frosting but add the melted and slightly cooled Kinder Chocolate – beat again. If its looking a bit stiff, or a bit odd, add a tsp or two of boiling water and continue to beat until smooth.
7) Decorate your cupcakes how you like, I stick in half a bit of kinder bueno each, and sprinkle on some chocolate sprinkles – and ENJOY!
Tips and Ideas
I buy my Cupcake Cases from Iced Jems – HERE!
You can buy the Foodie Flavour flavourings here! But if you don’t want to use it, you can use 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Bean Extract instead!
You can easily use Ferrero Rocher on top of the cupcakes instead if you like, or anything else! If you don’t want to use Nutella, you can pretty much use any flavour spreadable you like! Or you can use 100g Melted Chocolate instead!
You can bake these delicious cupcakes into a layer cake by doubling the cupcake ingredients and splitting between two deeper 8″ tins, and baking till springy to touch and baked through (see my other cakes for details on time!) – then double the filling as well, and slather all over!
These delicious beings will last in a container for 3 days!
Find my other Cupcakes Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.