A sugary, chocolatey, delicious sweet that is setting in minutes – all you need is a microwave!

I LOVE fudge – that’s no secret if you see my other recipes such as my moreish rum and raisin fudge or a firm favourite – lemon meringue fudge! I wanted to try something a little different that would make making fudge incredibly easy if that’s all you wanted to do!

Don’t get me wrong, I love making actual fudge, and its far less scary than people realise – but who doesn’t like the occasional cheats method too?! I love using this method if I have little to no time … or if I have forgotten to make some fudge I promised to make!

I have been searching for a ‘cheats’ method of making fudge for ages – and this does NOT mean its healthy, as fudge isn’t healthy.. hello sugar & chocolate! However, its cheating in the reasoning that you don’t need a sugar thermometer and you don’t need a hob to make it etc!

I love using M&Ms in fudge as I love the flavour of them, (the crunch is delicious also if you use the crispy/peanut ones) but you can use whatever chocolatey sweets you like!

Easy Microwaveable Fudge!

A sugary, chocolatey, delicious sweet that is setting in minutes - all you need is a microwave!
Category: Sweets
Type: Fudge
Keyword: Microwave
Setting Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours 18 minutes
Servings: 36 pieces

• 397 g condensed milk (one tin)
  • 55 g unsalted butter diced
  • 500 g chocolate (I used 250g milk and 250g white) chopped
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 bags M&Ms or any other chocolate sweets you like!

• Line a 9x9Inch tray with parchment paper and leave to the side of now.
  • In a large microwaveable bowl pour the condensed milk, unsalted butter, chopped chocolate and vanilla extract
  • Microwave in 20-30 second bursts until it is all melted - stir each time! (My microwave is a 1000 watt microwave so is very powerful, it took 1and a half minutes for it to be done!)
  • Once it is all melted together, make sure its mixed thoroughly and pour in your chosen chocolate sweets. (I used M&Ms)
  • Mix once again so they're distributed evenly and pour into the prepared tin and refrigerate for 3-4 hours until set. (you can set it at roomtemperature, but it might take overnight!)
  • Remove from the tin and cut into 36 squares, if they're still a bit soft then refrigerate again for a couple more hours!

• I like using the mix of milk & white chocolate as it makes a lighter flavour, but you can use whatever type of chocolate you want such as dark and milk or just milk etc!
  • This can be stored in an airtight container for 2 weeks once made - I keep mine in the refrigerator when hot, but room temperature is fine also!

Find my other recipes on my Recipes Page!

No Comments

1. Quick fudge bites!! | Indianspaghetti on August 21, 2015 at 3:53 am

[…] done little changes to her recipe as I don’t like m&m. You can find the original recipe here and ofcourse many more lovely cakes and […]

2. angelaburnley on August 12, 2015 at 3:08 pm

And the chocolate too as I like the plain fudge!

• Jane's Patisserie on August 12, 2015 at 5:07 pm

Hiya – you can leave the sweets out, but not the chocolate – its essential in this recipe. If you like plain fudge I recommend my Clotted Cream and white chocolate fudge, but leave the chocolate out on that recipe 🙂

• angelaburnley on August 13, 2015 at 10:25 am

Ok will look for the clotted cream ! Thanks!

• Jane's Patisserie on August 13, 2015 at 10:35 am

It’s very yummy 🙂 it’s okay!

3. angelaburnley on August 12, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Hi Jane – can I leave out the m ‘n m’s and make it a normal fudge?

4. Rati on August 5, 2015 at 5:01 am

They look good – both for me and my son! I’m definitely going to try! 🙂

• Jane's Patisserie on August 5, 2015 at 10:07 am

Haha Im so glad! And yes please do! 🙂

• Rati on August 15, 2015 at 4:49 am

Hi Jane, a quick question – I was trying them today, could you please reconfirm the quantity of chocolate..you mentioned as 550gm (but added 250+200 as u wrote) I added 550gm for now! 🙂

• Jane's Patisserie on August 15, 2015 at 8:52 am

Oh golly gosh sorry, my mistake! I shall correct that when I’m home later – it should be 500g (but using 550g won’t make a difference!) 🙂 apologies!

• Rati on August 15, 2015 at 1:25 pm

No worries at all, I just wanted to confirm! I realised I didn’t had enough so used 400 🙂 Thanks again and I will update you when I taste – can’t wait ( settling at room temperature) Thanks again for the recipe! 🙂

• Jane's Patisserie on August 15, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Ohhh okay I’m sure it’ll still work perfectly fine 🙂

• Rati on August 16, 2015 at 3:59 am

It came out awesome!!! Thanks so much for the recipe!! I’m going to post it soon! 🙂

• Jane's Patisserie on August 17, 2015 at 9:08 am

Okay sounds good – please link back to my account when you post it! 🙂

• Rati on August 18, 2015 at 4:27 am

I was going to ask that if I can tag you! Thanks again for the recipe! 🙂

5. Claire | Art and Soul on August 3, 2015 at 10:55 am

I love easy recipes like this – brilliant! 🙂

• Jane's Patisserie on August 3, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Me too – I can’t tell if its just because I’m lazy or not, but they’re so good!! 😀