*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
A Sugary, Chocolatey, Delicious Sweet that is setting in minutes – all you need is a microwave!
I LOVE Fudge – thats not secret if you see my other recipes already on this blog – but I wanted to try something a little different that would make making fudge incredibly easy if thats all you wanted to do! Don’t get me wrong, I love making actual fudge, and its far less scary than people realise – but who doesn’t like the occasional cheats method too?!
I have been searching for a ‘Cheats’ Method of making fudge for ages – and this does NOT mean its healthy, as fudge isn’t healthy.. hello sugar & chocolate! However, its Cheats in the reasoning that you don’t need a sugar thermometer, you don’t need a hob to make it etc! 🙂
I love using M&Ms in my sweets as I love the flavour of them, (the crunch is delicious also if you use the biscuity/peanut ones) but you can use whatever chocolatey sweets you like! Seriously, enjoy this recipe – its so yummy! 🙂
This makes 9x9inch tray – 36 squares
– 1x 397g Tin Condensed Milk
– 55g Butter, diced
– 500g Chocolate chopped (I used 250g Milk, 250g White)
– 1tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
– 2x Bags M&Ms (or any sweets you like!)
1) Line a 9x9Inch Tray with Parchment paper and leave to the side of now.
2) In a Large Microwaveable Bowl Pour the Condensed milk, Butter, Chocolate & Vanilla – Microwave in 20-30 Second Bursts till it is all melted – stir each time! My Microwave is a 1000Watt Microwave so is very powerful, it took 1 and a half minutes for it to be done!
3) Once it is all melted together, make sure its mixed thoroughly and pour in your sweets. Mix once again so they’re distributed evenly – pour into the prepared tin and refrigerate for 3-4 hours until set. (you can set it at room temperature, but it might take overnight!)
4) Remove from the tin and cut into 36 squares, if they’re still a bit soft then refrigerate again for a couple more hours!
Tips and Ideas
I like using the mix of Milk & White Chocolate as it makes a lighter flavour, but you can use whatever type of chocolate you want such as Dark & Milk, just Milk etc!
This can store in an airtight container for 2 weeks once made – I keep mine in the refrigerator when hot, but room temperature is fine also!
You can find my other Fudge Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.