*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
A sugary, chocolatey, delicious sweet that is setting in minutes – all you need is a microwave!
I LOVE fudge – that’s no secret if you see my other recipes such as my moreish rum and raisin fudge or a firm favourite – lemon meringue fudge! I wanted to try something a little different that would make making fudge incredibly easy if that’s all you wanted to do!
Don’t get me wrong, I love making actual fudge, and its far less scary than people realise – but who doesn’t like the occasional cheats method too?! I love using this method if I have little to no time … or if I have forgotten to make some fudge I promised to make!
I have been searching for a ‘cheats’ method of making fudge for ages – and this does NOT mean its healthy, as fudge isn’t healthy.. hello sugar & chocolate! However, its cheating in the reasoning that you don’t need a sugar thermometer and you don’t need a hob to make it etc!
I love using M&Ms in fudge as I love the flavour of them, (the crunch is delicious also if you use the crispy/peanut ones) but you can use whatever chocolatey sweets you like!
Easy Microwaveable Fudge!
- 397 g condensed milk (one tin)
- 55 g unsalted butter diced
- 500 g chocolate (I used 250g milk and 250g white) chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 bags M&Ms or any other chocolate sweets you like!
- Line a 9x9Inch tray with parchment paper and leave to the side of now.
- In a large microwaveable bowl pour the condensed milk, unsalted butter, chopped chocolate and vanilla extract
- Microwave in 20-30 second bursts until it is all melted - stir each time! (My microwave is a 1000 watt microwave so is very powerful, it took 1and a half minutes for it to be done!)
- Once it is all melted together, make sure its mixed thoroughly and pour in your chosen chocolate sweets. (I used M&Ms)
- Mix once again so they're distributed evenly and pour into the prepared tin and refrigerate for 3-4 hours until set. (you can set it at roomtemperature, but it might take overnight!)
- Remove from the tin and cut into 36 squares, if they're still a bit soft then refrigerate again for a couple more hours!
- I like using the mix of milk & white chocolate as it makes a lighter flavour, but you can use whatever type of chocolate you want such as dark and milk or just milk etc!
- This can be stored in an airtight container for 2 weeks once made - I keep mine in the refrigerator when hot, but room temperature is fine also!