Easy, Delicious, and oh so Chocolatey.. Terry’s Chocolate Orange Fudge that is SO easy to make you’ll be making it again and again.
This is officially my NINTH Terry’s Chocolate Orange recipe on my blog… and I am not ashamed. Not even slightly. I knew I wanted to do Chocolate Orange since I posted my Terry’s Chocolate Orange Truffles recipe a few months ago, and I am SO glad that I finally did. It is HEAVENLY. Like, I struggled to only eat a respectable amount of the fudge to myself. I ended up giving some away for taste tests as I didn’t want to be tooooo unhealthy…
I have again used the classic idea of a Condensed Milk fudge recipe as they are just too damn easy and delicious. I was a bit wary however of trying a Terry’s Chocolate Orange flavoured one as sometimes using Terry’s it can cause a bit of difficulty because of the Orange oils in the chocolate. For example, I find making a chocolate orange buttercream reasonably difficult sometimes if you want a strong flavour, because its more prone to splitting! However, using it with the condensed milk it worked an absolute charm and was so silky smooth I couldn’t cope.
I didn’t feel the need to put anything crunchy into this fudge like I have all of my others, but I would suggest using a crunchy biscuit for example, as using Terry’s pieces would just melt and be a little pointless. The only slight snag I had with using this chocolate, is that its not obvious as to what it is, unless you decorate it accordingly… so hello orange chocolate drizzle on top! This is of course optional, but i actually liked the flavour of the white chocolate on the top as well.
This recipe makes 36 squares of fudge
– 1x 397g Tin Condensed Milk
– 400g Terry’s Chocolate Orange, chopped
– 25g Butter (can be salted)
– 1tsp Orange Extract (optional)
– 125g Icing Sugar, Sifted
– 100g White Chocolate
– Orange Food Colouring
– Spare Terry’s Chocolte Orange
– Orange Sprinkles
1) Line a tin with parchment paper – I would use a 8×8″ square tin as it makes a nice depth of fudge!
2) Put the condensed milk, chopped up Terry’s Chocolate Orange pieces, Butter, and Orange extract into a deep heavy based pan and melt on a low heat, stiring often so that the chocolate doesn’t catch on the bottom and burn and so that all the ingredients mix together well.
3) Alternatively, melt the Chocolate & Butter in the microwave in short bursts, then beat in the Orange Extract and Condensed Milk with a spatula till smooth and combined.
4) Once melted, tip in the sifted icing sugar and combine well, it make take a bit of beating. Pour into the tin and smooth over the mixture – store in the fridge for an hour or so.
5) Melt the White Chocolate and mix with the Orange Food Colouring to get some orange chocolate… drizzle over the fudge, and sprinkle on some Orange Sprinkles, and any spare bits of Terry’s Chocolate Orange!
6) Leave the fudge to set for at least 3-4 hours, or overnight! Once set – remove from the tin and cut into the squares (I cut mine 6×6) , return to the fridge for another couple of hours to finish setting – ENJOY!
Tips and Ideas
In mine I used a slightly larger tin (a 9×9″ tin like in my other recipes) but because this fudge doesn’t have bits of sweets running through it, it was thinner, so in hindsight I would have used a 8×8″ tin like I mentioned in the method!
I personally wouldn’t bother putting chunks of the chocolate orange through the fudge, as the fudge is already chocoaltey orangey enough – but if you want to put something crunchy in, use anything you like!
This recipe will last better in the fridge for up to 2-3 weeks if it manages to last that long – you can also easily half or double the recipe, the setting times will just change slightly.
Find my other Sweets & Chocolate Orange Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.