*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Easy Condensed Milk Lemon Fudge with Crunchy & Sweet Meringue pieces, the BEST Lemon Meringue Fudge!
This recipe has been requested for so long now, I didn’t know where to start. However, it turned out SO MUCH BETTER THAN I IMAGINED.
I wasn’t really sure where to go with this one, which is why it took a few batches. I first of all tried a classic Fudge recipe, and it was delicious, but it melted the Meringues once they were put in. However, they were homemade meringues! I then tried the classic fudge, but with shop bought meringues, and it was good, but i just wasn’t really feeling it. I then of course went to my go-to Easy Cheats Fudge using White Chocolate (like my Mini Egg Fudge). I tried half with homemade Meringues, and Half with Shop Bought and I just much preferred the shop bought. They actually stayed solid, as they’re a lot ‘dryer’ than homemade meringues! Also, its easier.
I love all things Lemon… My Lemon Celebration Cake is one of my favourite cakes on my website. However, after the success of my No-Bake Lemon Meringue Cheesecake and my Lemon Meringue Cupcakes I knew another Lemon meringue recipe would go down well! Honestly, so yummy. I adore the lemon/white chocolate combination, it is bloomin’ delicious. I realise it can sound like a bit of an odd combination, but out of Dark, Milk, and White… Lemon goes much better with White.
I will admit that this wasn’t at all to my boyfriends taste.. He doesn’t like Lemon things at all really. He’s like a few of the things I have made him, but a majority of the time he is not a fan. Doesn’t help that he doesn’t like shop bought meringue either… however, passing this on to my Trusty Taste Testers proved a major hit. Yes, it would have looked better if it had been a bit more yellow, but ah well… its taste over looks right?! Haha enjoy!
Lemon Meringue Fudge!
- 397 g Condensed Milk (one tin)
- 400 g White Chocolate
- 2 tsp Lemon Extract
- 125 g Icing Sugar
- 6-8 Meringues (crushed)
- Yellow Food Colouring (optional)
- Line a tin with parchment paper – I use a 7×10″ Brownie Tin as it makes a nice depth of fudge!
- Put the White Chocolate, Condensed Milk, and Lemon Extract into a heavy based pan – melt on a low heat, stiring often so that the chocolate doesn’t catch on the bottom and burn and so that all the ingredients mix together well.
- (If making your Fudge slightly more yellow, stir it in now!) Once melted, tip in the sifted icing sugar and combine well, it make take a bit of beating.
- Pour in most of the crushed Meringues and quickly stir through – pour into the tin and smooth over the mixture. Sprinkle on the rest of the Meringues and press into the top of the fudge and store in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours to set, or overnight!
- Once set – remove from the tin and cut into the squares (I cut 1″ squares) , return to the fridge for another couple of hours to finish setting – ENJOY!
- This recipe will last better in the fridge for up to 2-3 weeks if it manages to last that long – you can also easily half or double the recipe, the setting times will just change slightly!
- I used the box of meringues you can buy at a supermarket for this one – I know its SO easy to make your own Meringues at home, but the ones you can buy are crunchy and the perfect texture for this. You don’t want Meringues that are too soft!
- I recommend something like THIS for the food colouring!
- Using icing sugar is optional - but without I would use 100g more chocolate!
Find my other Sweets Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.