Lemon Meringue Fudge!

Easy Condensed Milk Lemon Fudge with Crunchy & Sweet Meringue pieces, the BEST Lemon Meringue Fudge!

This recipe has been requested for so long now, I didn’t know where to start. However, it turned out SO MUCH BETTER THAN I IMAGINED.

I wasn’t really sure where to go with this one, which is why it took a few batches. I first of all tried a classic Fudge recipe, and it was delicious, but it melted the Meringues once they were put in. However, they were homemade meringues! I then tried the classic fudge, but with shop bought meringues, and it was good, but i just wasn’t really feeling it. I then of course went to my go-to Easy Cheats Fudge using White Chocolate (like my Mini Egg Fudge). I tried half with homemade Meringues, and Half with Shop Bought and I just much preferred the shop bought. They actually stayed solid, as they’re a lot ‘dryer’ than homemade meringues! Also, its easier.

I love all things Lemon… My Lemon Celebration Cake is one of my favourite cakes on my website. However, after the success of my No-Bake Lemon Meringue Cheesecake and my Lemon Meringue Cupcakes I knew another Lemon meringue recipe would go down well! Honestly, so yummy. I adore the lemon/white chocolate combination, it is bloomin’ delicious. I realise it can sound like a bit of an odd combination, but out of Dark, Milk, and White… Lemon goes much better with White.

I will admit that this wasn’t at all to my boyfriends taste.. He doesn’t like Lemon things at all really. He’s like a few of the things I have made him, but a majority of the time he is not a fan. Doesn’t help that he doesn’t like shop bought meringue either… however, passing this on to my Trusty Taste Testers proved a major hit. Yes, it would have looked better if it had been a bit more yellow, but ah well… its taste over looks right?! Haha enjoy!

5 from 1 vote
Lemon Meringue Fudge!
Prep Time
10 mins
Cook Time
10 mins
Total Time
20 mins

Course: Sweets
Cuisine: Fudge
Keyword: Lemon
Servings: 45 Pieces
Calories: 67 kcal
  • 397 g Condensed Milk (one tin)
  • 400 g White Chocolate
  • 2 tsp Lemon Extract
  • 125 g Icing Sugar
  • 6-8 Meringues (crushed)
  • Yellow Food Colouring (optional)
  1. Line a tin with parchment paper – I use a 7×10″ Brownie Tin as it makes a nice depth of fudge!

2. Put the White Chocolate, Condensed Milk, and Lemon Extract into a heavy based pan – melt on a low heat, stiring often so that the chocolate doesn’t catch on the bottom and burn and so that all the ingredients mix together well.

3. (If making your Fudge slightly more yellow, stir it in now!) Once melted, tip in the sifted icing sugar and combine well, it make take a bit of beating.

4. Pour in most of the crushed Meringues and quickly stir through – pour into the tin and smooth over the mixture. Sprinkle on the rest of the Meringues and press into the top of the fudge and store in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours to set, or overnight!

5. Once set – remove from the tin and cut into the squares (I cut 1″ squares) , return to the fridge for another couple of hours to finish setting – ENJOY!

Recipe Notes
  • This recipe will last better in the fridge for up to 2-3 weeks if it manages to last that long – you can also easily half or double the recipe, the setting times will just change slightly!
  • I used the box of meringues you can buy at a supermarket for this one – I know its SO easy to make your own Meringues at home, but the ones you can buy are crunchy and the perfect texture for this. You don’t want Meringues that are too soft!
  • I recommend something like THIS for the food colouring!
Nutrition Facts
Carbohydrates 12g4%
Sugar 12g13%
Protein 1g2%
Vitamin A 25IU1%
Vitamin C 0.2mg0%
Calcium 43mg4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. These are only estimates.

Find my other Sweets Recipes on my Recipes Page!

• Kim
    June 26, 2019 at 9:06 am

Does this recipe freeze

June 26, 2019 at 9:06 am

I would say probably not because of the meringues!

• April
      February 4, 2020 at 6:13 pm

I absolutely love your recipes! I want to make these at Easter, and I would like to try them with a little biscuit base, but do you think this will work? Unsure as to whether it will just be too crumbly?

• Kerri Howe
    February 3, 2019 at 11:06 pm

Hi Jane would love to make some of your fudge in different flavours for my wedding favours. I’d like to wrap them individually in a royal blue/silver foil. Am thinking the lemon, rolo, and mint fudge recipes. Will This be possible to wrap and store out of fridge, or will they go sticky? Coz id like to put In favour boxes a few days before. Any suggestions or advice would be great. Thankyou Kerri x

February 4, 2019 at 9:09 am

I would think that they would go sticky eventually to be honest as they’re not a classic fudge that can be kept at room temperature. The best thing to do honestly is to make the classic type (boiling with a sugar thermometer – have a look at my Easter Fudge) or add a lot more chocolate into these to make them firmer!

• Hannah D
    December 15, 2018 at 11:37 am

Can you advise if the condensed milk is sweetened or unsweetened?

• Hannah Williams
    November 20, 2018 at 2:43 pm

Have made this several time with extra chocolate the second time so it would keep better out of the fridge! Amazing taste! And great recipes! I haven’t tried one yet that’s failed the taste test! Thank you!

• Ina Patience
    August 22, 2018 at 3:37 pm

This lemon fudge looks lovely and if it turns out well will add it to my list for our church bazaar. Could you give me an approx measurement as to what 6-8 meringues is. In Canada we don’t get meringues in the bake shops like you do in the UK. In fact I think we only get meringue shells (baskets) at strawberry time. Thank you.
    Look forward to browsing your web site after reading all these positive comments.

August 23, 2018 at 9:14 am

Umm off the top of my head they don’t really have a weight (as meringues are so light). You could make a batch of mini meringues yourself and just add as many as you please? x

• Liz
    November 20, 2017 at 3:48 pm

This looks amazing! I’d love to make this as a gift, would it keep if not stored in the fridge?

November 22, 2017 at 10:35 am

It really is designed for the fridge. However you could add in 200g more white chocolate to make it firmer, then it should be fine without the fridge.

• Lucy
    March 25, 2017 at 9:20 am

Your website is amazing!!!!! I can’t wait to try a recipie, only problem is I don’t know where to start as they all look great! Thank you!

• Cindy's Travel Diaries
    February 3, 2017 at 8:43 am

Thank you for making me hungry all day 😉

• Nyah
    February 1, 2017 at 7:08 pm

Wow! Those looks delicious. I also saw your peppermint truffles. Those look great, too. I’ll have to check out some of your other treats as well. Happy baking!

• Ellie Wilson
    February 1, 2017 at 9:11 am

Hi Jane, I’ve just discovered your amazing recipes and absolutely love them! Can’t stop reading ‘just one more’ than I plan to make….anyway I wondered with this fudge whether you could use lemon zest instead of the flavouring? Thanks for brightening my morning! Ellie

February 1, 2017 at 8:16 pm

You can of course – I just use extract as I always have it in the cupboard, and my fresh lemons had run out! I wouldn’t use the lemon juice though.