*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Soft & double chocolatey gluten free cookies that are perfect for a treat – best of all, you won’t even realise they are gluten free!
I have created many a cookie recipe, many chocolate recipes, and just… loads of recipes – however, only two gluten free recipes! This I felt was unfair, so I created these beauties! (However, it is again, chocolatey…my bad!)
This is genuinely one of my favourite cookie recipes, even though its gluten free. They are the perfect texture for me to be chocolatey & gooey, but the perfect cakeyness! I have experimented with other gluten free cookie recipes in the past, and I will probably be posting another one soon using almonds for example, but with this one I wanted to demonstrate that gluten free flour is definitely a good thing!
Obviously however, textures and such are different when there is no gluten in a recipe – some it doesn’t matter at all, but sometimes it can make a different with things such as cookies. I don’t mind the difference, such as how these are slightly more cakey – but that’s perfectly delicious to me! If you are gluten free I’m sure you already know this, but just double check that your baking powder and such are also gluten free as some apparently are not!
I love these, so I know you will too! And if you are GF, I hope you approve!! I mean come on, just how chocolatey and yum do they look! Heaven! You can find a recipe for gluten free chocolate chip cookies here if you would prefer those over double chocolate, or if gluten free is for you but cookies aren’t – check out my recipes for gluten free vanilla cupcakes and gluten free carrot cake – delicious!
Double Chocolate Gluten Free Cookies!
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 200 g light brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs beaten
- 250 g gluten free plain flour
- 35 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 g chocolate chips I used white ones!
- Preheat your oven to 180C/170CFan
- Line 2-3 baking trays with parchment paper
- Cream together your unsalted butter and light brown sugar until light and fluffy (I use an electric stand mixer with the paddle attachment to make this all easier)
- Once the unsalted butter/light brown sugar mix is combined, start gradually adding the egg to the mix whilst still beating and continue until all is incorporated
- Sift in the gluten free plain flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, and baking powder into the mixture and beat again - should make a nice dark but smooth cookie dough!
- Mix in the chocolate chips and then spoon onto the baking trays either using a tablespoon, or a cookie scoop! (I do 6 per tray so they don't spread and touch)
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until cooked through! They should rise slightly when baking!
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and then devour them all yourself
- You can obviously use the same recipe to make normal cookies, but I like these as the gluten free ones!
- Gluten free plain flour can be found in most stores, sometimes not in the baking isle but in the 'Free From' section!
- These will last in an airtight container for 4-5 days if they last that long!