No-Bake White Chocolate Pistachio Cheesecake!

A Delicious and Creamy No-Bake White Chocolate Pistachio Cheesecake! Perfect *non*bake for Chocolate, Nut & Cheesecake lovers!

I have obviously always been a Cheesecake fiend and that’s no lie… I’m commonly know as the ‘Queen of Cheesecakes’ these days between my friends and some of my followers, so I simply had to post this one. As one of the first recipes on my blog was pistachio based cheesecake, I had to repost it as something spectacular with a method that makes sense, and some damn delicious photos!

I know that nuts are a bit of an odd thing for some as some are obviously allergic, and some just don’t like them because they are what they are… such as my Boyfriend! He always states that he hates nuts, but has he really ever eaten them? No.. he just assumes he doesn’t! And this delicious beauty proved that he was wrong! He loved this one. As he liked my White Chocolate & Pistachio Cake, I knew he would like it… but he had forgotten about that one!

I was surprised at how well this one turned out because I was half expecting it to be disgusting *I was having a bad day* but oh my its SO YUMMY! I absolutely adore the base being so perfectly crunchy and buttery, and having the little bits of pistachio running through the silky smooth White Chocolate Cheesecake is dreamy! And before you say it, the pistachio doesn’t get stuck in your teeth or anything, as the cheesecake sort of softens them slightly! Seriously, its delicious.

I decorated it in my classic Jane’s Patisserie way as I always do, and oh my this was a hit around the dessert table. Some of the guests who have my desserts so sometimes ask why there is a slice missing from the Cheesecake, and I have to explain needing the photo of the slice to prove the insides, and of course… necessary taste testing purposes! 😉 But anyway, this is one of my absolute favourite flavour combinations so in Cheesecake form, this is a definite winner!

This recipe serves 10-12 people!

Biscuit Base
– 150g Unsalted Butter, melted
– 300g of biscuits – I used Digestives

Cheesecake Filling
– 400g Full-Fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
– 300ml Double Cream
– 75g Icing Sugar
– 300g White Chocolate, melted
– 100g Chopped Pistachios

Decoration
– 25g Chopped Pistachios
– 50g Melted Milk Chocolate
– Whipped Cream

1) Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a small crumb, and add the melted butter – either pulse in the food processor a few times till the mixture is combined, or mix it in a bowl. Tip the biscuit imx into the bottom of an 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin and press down firmly – Leave to the side!

2) Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave on short bursts until full melted – leave to cool whilst doing the rest!

3) In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, mix the cream cheese with the icing sugar until smooth – only takes a few seconds, add in the liquid double cream and continue to whip up to soft peaks, until it holds itself – Once completed, fold in the cooled melted chocolate!

4) Add in the Chopped Pistachios and fold through again – Spread the mix over the biscuit base, smooth over and chill in the fridge for at least 5-6 hours, or preferably overnight so it will definitely be set.

5) Once set, drizzle over the melted Milk Chocolate and leave to set – Pipe on some whipped cream and sprinkle over some extra pistachios for an extra crunch! Enjoy!

NOTE

If it looks like your cheesecake isn’t setting, or its a but sloppy, or you’re even not sure.. try it anyway. Try to set the mix anyway! If it still doesn’t set, freeze it and have an Ice Cream Cheesecake!

I recommend using a 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin in this recipe!

I prefer using White Chocolate in this Cheesecake as I love the flavours of the White Chocolate with the pistachios, but you can easily make it with Milk or Dark Chocolate! If you were to change, only use 250g of milk/dark.

You can also make this with or without the pistachios, or less pistachios even – but changing to different nuts might not necessarily work. Some nuts can go a bit odd when they’re in a moist mix such as cheesecake in my opinion, but this is up to you!

You can make it even more Pistachio-y if you want by taking out 30 of biscuits and adding in 30g of pistachios but this might be a bit of a nut overload!

I always set my cheesecakes in the fridge overnight otherwise they risk being a little runny still and slipping off the biscuit base and you MUST use Full-Fat ingredients!

Find my other Cheesecake related Recipes on my Recipes Page!

• AD
    June 8, 2020 at 9:28 pm

Hi jane! Looks delishhh! Just wondering what milk cholcolate and white chocolate you used for this recipe?
    Thank you! X

June 9, 2020 at 2:03 pm

Hey!! I tend to use supermarket own, or cooking chocolate such as Callebaut! x

• Malikah Zarah Mohammed
    May 22, 2020 at 10:33 am

Hi Jane! Basically I am going to make this cheesecake in the UK, so i can only find Philadelphia soft-cheese, is that OK to use? Also i want to incorporate some raspberries too, what would you recommend to do? i will place raspberries on the whipped cream as he decoration but what else can i do or is that enough?

May 22, 2020 at 7:56 pm

I’m in the uk – Philadelphia cream cheese/soft cheese is the same thing. And you could fold some raspberries through the mix as well!

• AD
      June 4, 2020 at 11:20 pm

Hi jane! Going to make this cheesecake over the weekend. Looks sooo yummmyyy! Are the pistachios your using roasted or raw? Ive never used pistachios in a cake or cheeaecake before so i’m not too sure what would be best?

June 5, 2020 at 12:47 pm

They are raw – and just plain de-shelled! I usually buy them in the baking aisle! x

• fatima
    May 12, 2020 at 11:13 am

This recipe looks absolutely amazing 🙂 I cant wait to try it for my husbands birthday. Just wondering can I add green food color to it ? I am a novice baker so have no idea- and if yes then how much? Thanks very much

May 12, 2020 at 12:53 pm

Yes you definitely can! The only thing is the amount depends entirely on what type you are using – I personally don’t recommend shop bought food colours at all as you can sometimes need a lot which can taste funny (and for other things they just don’t work!) – when using a good quality one such as wilton, or sugar flair, you can just use less than a pea size amount!

• Robyn
    April 30, 2020 at 9:32 am

I have made this for a lockdown family version of come dine with me. I added the white chocolate to the cream cheese and it was melted perfectly and cooled but as soon as i added it to the cream cheese it hardened. Was my cream cheese meant to be room temperature rather than cold? Have i messed up? I can now see little flakes of white choc in the cream cheese or is this what its meant to look like? Help ! Xx

April 30, 2020 at 9:48 am

Hey! So it’s definitely not ruined – it’s just seized a bit. Its when the chocolate very quickly goes back to a solid, obviously alot quicker than it should! Sometimes this can be down to whisking in too quickly, or temperature differences – but it’ll still taste lovely and should set perfectly still!

• Ann
    October 7, 2019 at 10:38 pm

Hi, I would like to make this but I dont have a 8′ springform pan. Do you think 9′ springform pan is ok?

October 8, 2019 at 11:57 am

You can – but obviously it will be thinner. A 9″ pan is roughly 1/3 bigger in volume, so if you don’t mind a thinner cheesecake it’ll work fine!

• […] recipe is adapted from janespatisserie with some […]

• Tricia
    April 25, 2019 at 9:17 pm

Hi, I have seen in one of your other recipes that you used marscapone instead of Philadelphia in a white chocolate cheesecake. Which soft cheese is best for this recipe?

April 25, 2019 at 9:36 pm

Either Philadelphia, or mascarpone. You can interchange them, or use half and half. Just depends on your tastes! I just write what I used in that time to make it.

• Jessica key
    April 15, 2019 at 10:12 am

Hi! I have made a lot of your recipes before and all have been great. I am making this for Easter this Sunday, however I am making individual ones in ramekins – GU ramekins to be exact.

How much do you think I would need to alter the measurements to make 14 Gu sized cheesecakes?

April 15, 2019 at 7:10 pm

Most of my recipes would comfortable make 12 gu cheesecakes, so you could follow the recipe as is and have them slightly smaller, or add another 1/3 on just to be sure and maybe have a little spare x

• Anonymous
    July 8, 2018 at 2:24 pm

This is my go to cheesecake now. I’ve made it so many times that I can’t even remember! It always go down so well, thank you. 🙂

• Francesca Lobban
    July 8, 2018 at 1:53 am

Jane – I made this recipe today… I accidentally added the white chocolate before whipping in the double cream. The cheesecake is currently made and in the refrigerator… have I completely messed it up though?? Do you think it will it set come the morning? I really hope I’ve not ruined it. I’ve made it for my friends surprise birthday party tomorrow. Is there anything I can do? Apart from wish and pray!! :s

July 8, 2018 at 8:43 pm

I’ve done that before and its worked absolutely fine so I’m sure it’ll work!

• Francesca Lobban
      July 9, 2018 at 4:18 am

Thank you! You were right, it was fine 🙂 Thanks Jane.

• Ann-Marie
    May 22, 2018 at 7:59 pm

Hello ! I love this recipe, looking forward to making it. What type of pistachios did you use? Roasted, unsalted? Roasted, Salted?

May 23, 2018 at 8:15 pm

In the UK we have baking pistachios, that are unsalted and out of shells x

• Francesca
    May 17, 2018 at 12:02 pm

I’ve made this cheesecake three times for dinner parties and it’s been always been a roaring success! Everyone asks for the recipe… I made a slight addition by adding a thin layer of salted caramel on top of the base and drizzling it on top, which seems to work really well, everyone seems to love salted caramel! Thanks for the great recipe 🙂

• Twinkle
    November 30, 2017 at 1:20 pm

What tip have you used for that piping? Looks so good

• Lilli
    July 14, 2017 at 10:18 am

Love this recipe as I’m a big fan of everything pistachio! I often add fresh raspberries in the cream cheese mix. The sharp raspberries balance the sweetness perfectly, makes it a bit lighter and refreshing.

• Francesca Lobban
      August 23, 2019 at 1:52 am

I have done this too!

• Kaz S
    April 24, 2017 at 6:04 pm

I know you posted the recipe last year, but I only came across it last week. I have to say that it was delicious and went down an absolute treat. I used gluten free digestives and changed the topping a little – I garnished with chopped pistachios but melted the chocolate down to pipe shapes and dusted with freeze dried raspberry powder before sticking them in each slice. I served it with a dollop of rosewater cream – yum! Definitely one to make again – thanks!

April 25, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Ah that sounds amazing! And I’m sure it looked amazing as well!! xx

• […] is adapted from janespatisserie with some […]

• Hawa
    September 19, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Just made the cheesecake yesterday and it turned out amazing! It was my first time attempting a cheesecake and I was very pleased with it. ThankYou Goethe recipe! X

September 20, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Awh yay!! I’m so glad you liked it! X

• Kristy
    May 2, 2016 at 7:31 pm

This looks so amazing. The photos make me want a slice of this cake immediately!! great job!! 🙂

• Trudie Thompson
    May 2, 2016 at 9:38 am

Enough now with all these lovely recipes! I’m never going to lose weight!

• Tracy
    May 2, 2016 at 9:09 am

Glad I am not the only one who curs a slice of cake before serving to guests!